Coronavirus

Old Sep 28th 2020, 7:11 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

A friend went to the supermarket yesterday - she said there was no toilet roll or pasta left. Frankly, I wish coronavirus was a bit more selectively lethal on selfish idiots.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday 700 new cases of Covid in Ontario...1/2 are in Toronto.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:54 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Here's Confirmed Daily cases graph compared with Daily Deaths graph......Confirmed Daily cases graph alone does look impressively alarming...but then the deaths are just not keeping pace like earlier in the pandemic.

Old Sep 28th 2020, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

DeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
Here's Confirmed Daily cases graph compared with Daily Deaths graph......Confirmed Daily cases graph alone does look impressively alarming...but then the deaths are just not keeping pace like earlier in the pandemic.
Probably because the number of confirmed cases back in spring were a fraction of the actual infection rate (I've seen estimates of perhaps up to 100k daily, although I don't know how you'd arrive at any accurate figure).
Old Sep 28th 2020, 3:21 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanN
Probably because the number of confirmed cases back in spring were a fraction of the actual infection rate (I've seen estimates of perhaps up to 100k daily, although I don't know how you'd arrive at any accurate figure).
So whats that got to do with the consistently minimal daily Death Rate since June? Covid for weeks now only accounts for between 1-2% of the Normal daily deaths in the U.K
Old Sep 28th 2020, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
IMO she should be prosecuted for at least some sort of negligent homicide - her actions were in late April, so she would have had actual knowledge about the disease and the mortality rate for elderly and sick residents. Her actions were thoughtless, reckless, arrogant, and grossly unprofessional, and if she was in the US she and her employer would no doubt be facing a list of civil suits that would bankrupt her and her employer. As a bare minimum she deserves to be disqualified from practicing.
There appears to be a lot of negligent homicide with Covid19 disease these days!
Old Sep 28th 2020, 5:48 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, bit harsh innit? Can't meet your parents in the local cafe for a bacon sarnie.

He said mixing between households in any indoor setting, which people are currently advised to avoid, will be against the law from Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-54331421
Old Sep 28th 2020, 7:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
Here's Confirmed Daily cases graph compared with Daily Deaths graph......Confirmed Daily cases graph alone does look impressively alarming...but then the deaths are just not keeping pace like earlier in the pandemic. .....
Originally Posted by DeanN
To be blunt, the first wave wiped out most of the oldest an weakest, and now there are more rigorous restrictions in place to reduce the risk of the remaining elderly and sick in care homes from catching covid-19 in the second wave.

The second wave is characterised by "community spread" amoung the younger and middle-aged population, most notably in schools, colleges and universities, who are bored with the restrictions that they don't understand .... mostly because the restrictions are not explained/ justified, and in some case seem to be capricious to the point that they seem to be almost random. I mean, who thought up "the pubs must close at 10pm" restriction? So it's OK to sit indoors in a pub with your mates for three hours, but leaving the pub an hour earlier will have a material impact on whether you are infected with covid-19? Seriously, how is that going to make a scrap of difference?
Old Sep 28th 2020, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinion, medical professionals are not as special as many people try to give them credit for and they're every bit as capable as making stupid decisions as the rest of us, even when they absolutely should have known better.
Too many people have the medical professional on pedestals. They forget they are humans with only a few additional years of education under their belt and are not infallible.

For example, hubby's dermatologist prescribed an expensive antibiotic for him on Friday because of an infection on his skin from a toxin in our yard. Did so ignoring his listed prescriptions and the antibiotic cannot be taken with his blood thinner.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 28th 2020 at 10:26 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

267 cases over the weekend in BC and 3 deaths.

68 Fri to Sat
125 between Sat and Sun
74 between Sunday and Monday

"The best thing we can do is — all of us — is to take a step back from our social interactions," said Dr. Henry, as she reminded British Columbians to travel less and connect with others virtually.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...r-28-1.5742236

Old Sep 28th 2020, 11:06 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

In my humble opinion, medical professionals are not as special as many people try to give them credit for and they're every bit as capable as making stupid decisions as the rest of us, even when they absolutely should have known better.
I hope to not make stupid decisions on a daily basis...but I am only human, so I can, and do. These people are tired and fed up and have little or no bandwidth left. How would ‘you’ feel, could you go in on a daily basis? I know that I couldn’t...I have worked face to face and on the phone with a generally more agitated public since this chaos began, but I cannot kill anyone. Give these poor people a break...we are none of us without flaws, and none of us are above tiredness, and doing just the best that we can. Let’s just try to be kind and nice...
Old Sep 28th 2020, 11:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

SD gets on the bus to go to work today. A woman gets on after and sits behind her and lowers her mask to talk to her companion.

Apparently the woman's boy has been ill with covid symptoms and was just tested, no result yet.

She's on the bus (wrong) because she's going to work (wrong)..
Old Sep 28th 2020, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Jesus, bit harsh innit? Can't meet your parents in the local cafe for a bacon sarnie.

He said mixing between households in any indoor setting, which people are currently advised to avoid, will be against the law from Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-54331421
Seems at odds to what's happening on the streets after pubs close. Hundreds pouring onto the streets searching for off licenses or shops selling booze so they can carry on partying. Police can only do so much with that number of people, good luck trying to arrest and fine a few hundred drunk revelers and god forbid if some happen to be of ethnic minority.
Guess you are ok as long as you only look across the bar at your neighbour but just don't speak to him.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 2:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I hope to not make stupid decisions on a daily basis...but I am only human, so I can, and do. These people are tired and fed up and have little or no bandwidth left. How would ‘you’ feel, could you go in on a daily basis? I know that I couldn’t...I have worked face to face and on the phone with a generally more agitated public since this chaos began, but I cannot kill anyone. Give these poor people a break...we are none of us without flaws, and none of us are above tiredness, and doing just the best that we can. Let’s just try to be kind and nice...
I didn't mean to infer that all medical professionals regularly made stupid decisions, but more focus on the fact that this particular one did.

To your general point, I respect medical professionals for the job their doing, becuase I certainly wouldn't want to have to do the face-to-face work during this pandemic. But that brings me back to the reason for my previous post, and how that nurse's behaviour was entirely contrary what Hippocrates wrote in Of the Epidemics: "... first do no harm."
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:17 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Seems at odds to what's happening on the streets after pubs close. Hundreds pouring onto the streets searching for off licenses or shops selling booze so they can carry on partying. Police can only do so much with that number of people, good luck trying to arrest and fine a few hundred drunk revelers and god forbid if some happen to be of ethnic minority.
Guess you are ok as long as you only look across the bar at your neighbour but just don't speak to him.
Completely unnecessary, but speaks volumes about your mindset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.