Coronavirus

Old Aug 26th 2020, 10:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I was talking about illicit overdose deaths, some could very well be suicides but most are accidental in nature.
I saw the new heroin dispenser machines on the news this morning; those should help a bit if there are enough of them in the right places. The registered addict scans his palm, and so many prescribed doses come out of the machine. They're going in pharmacies and supervised injection centres.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Talking of parties, an acquaintance of mine sent me a message.. telling me that as she has been in Canada for 50 years she is throwing a party (she lives 5 minutes away) - but that she wasn't inviting me due to 'my beliefs' -- she's talking about a post (on FB) that I 'liked' of the local regulation bylaws on social distancing and Canada's regulations on 'circle of 10' - which she feels are ridiculous and doesn't comply with - yet she is in her 70's with health issues and her husband has already been hospitalised twice this year for underlying health issues. She just doesn't get that in inviting 20+ of her 'closest friends' (all in their 70's) she is putting them at risk as well as herself and her husband.

In her message she sent a link to https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ails-1.5647198 and said "read this - it's proof that we are allowed to have a party with up to 50 people indoors - or up to 100 outdoors"'

AGH. another thick as sh** Covidiot who puts everyone at risk - both she and her husband go to many local stores / restaurants etc., without masking up (or dropping the mask a soon as they get in there, if they won't let them in without one)... she brags about it and procedes to post photos of it on FB, together with pictures of her meeting up with friends with no social distancing. There's no excuse for this type of behaviour - she's an educated woman, as is her husband.. they are choosing to ignore the regulations because they aren't convenient to them... they feel they can do what they like. It was the same when they were stuck in Spain - they were asked by the Police to stop exercising in a specific area - stopped several times for being outside the property when they shouldn't have been - and laughed it off and bragged how they 'gave them the slip and still went out and about when they wanted to'.
Her and all her compadres should be put on a cruiseship sailing around and around until they get their minds back to normal IMO.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I saw the new heroin dispenser machines on the news this morning; those should help a bit if there are enough of them in the right places. The registered addict scans his palm, and so many prescribed doses come out of the machine. They're going in pharmacies and supervised injection centres.
You're taking the P, right? It can't really be so.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 11:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
You're taking the P, right? It can't really be so.
Yeah, I lied, it's really hydromorphone, and apparently has been working like a charm in Vancouver for some time already.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7295236/h...opioid-crisis/
Old Aug 27th 2020, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Up to 30 Plymouth teenagers may have Covid-19 after Greek holiday
As many as 30 teenagers who took a holiday to the Greek island of Zante may have contracted coronavirus, health officials have said. At least 11 of a group of 18- and 19-year-olds in Plymouth have tested positive for Covid-19 and some had been for a night out in the Devon city since their return from their holiday.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 5:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

US Canada border remains closed (restricted) until 21st September

Old Aug 27th 2020, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

US Canada border remains closed (restricted) until 21st September

Awaiting an announcement on international borders, surely they've got to extend, but techinically they run out on the 31st I believe.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yep, it's a victim of the "Covid priority" ... covid has taken priority affecting treatments for mental health and other crucial things. But it seems according to govt as long as covid cases are down people who die of other causes as a consequence of the continued lockdown and restrictions do not matter.
I presume you haven't seen these then
[QUOTE][/QUOTE
]https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-use/helping-people-who-use-substances-covid-19.html

Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:03 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

our local hospital has its first COVID inpatient. No idea if it's community spread or a traceable contact. Any other cases in the bigger hospitals or at home have been traceable. So far so good but we all worry about community infection from visitors , tourists from the GTA and other higher risk areas. This bug makes you feel your age!
Old Aug 27th 2020, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Result of Stats Canada survey on pandemic and its effects on persons with disabilities.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail...00827c-eng.htm

68 new cases in BC

906 active cases

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...g-27-1.5702820
Old Aug 28th 2020, 1:03 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's pretty sucky having a dusability at this time, blind people and partially sighted can't see to distance themselves, or their service dog takes them too close, they get shouted at, nasty comments made to them.
Some with mobility problems have had home care reduced or taken away and are struggling to manage
Us deafies can't lipread masked people. Before the masks we didn't have the choice of chatty phone calls to keep in touch and have some human contact. Yesterday I was without my hearing gadgets so I couldn't even tell if anyone was talking to me. Fortunately the people that mattered were helpful.
Seniors are more isolated than ever and the lack of interaction has an awful effect on their mental health.
I know there are others on here with disabilities who could add to this list. I hope they do.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bats
Yeah, it's pretty sucky having a dusability at this time, blind people and partially sighted can't see to distance themselves, or their service dog takes them too close, they get shouted at, nasty comments made to them.
Some with mobility problems have had home care reduced or taken away and are struggling to manage
Us deafies can't lipread masked people. Before the masks we didn't have the choice of chatty phone calls to keep in touch and have some human contact. Yesterday I was without my hearing gadgets so I couldn't even tell if anyone was talking to me. Fortunately the people that mattered were helpful.
Seniors are more isolated than ever and the lack of interaction has an awful effect on their mental health.
I know there are others on here with disabilities who could add to this list. I hope they do.
Yes, it's difficult for me to wear a mask - so I don't go out or into stores... and because my main hearing aid broke and my other one is damaged I would struggle to hear anyone anyway because I would need to keep 6ft away - I was saving to purchase new hearing aids (I have to have them made, no picking one up off the shelf at Costco for me) and then Covid happened and my hearing aid place closed down for the duration. Isolating is an understatement - I have to rely on the written word for most interaction, it's somewhat limiting.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 28th 2020 at 5:02 am.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 2:53 pm
limey party pooper

Yes, it's difficult for me to wear a mask - so I don't go out or into stores... and because my main hearing aid broke and my other one is damaged I would struggle to hear anyone anyway because I would need to keep 6ft away - I was saving to purchase new hearing aids (I have to have them made, no picking one up off the shelf at Costco for me) and then Covid happened and my hearing aid place closed down for the duration. Isolating is an understatement - I have to rely on the written word for most interaction, it's somewhat limiting.

it certainly is. I use an app called Live Transcribe which is pretty accurate and when it isn't it breaks the ice. Do you have to use a particular hearing aid place as some are open.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 4:26 pm
Banned

I thought these were interesting - you can select 'new cases' and see how many thousands there are worldwide - or break it down by country.
https://covid19.who.int/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJrQvD_BwE
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
Old Aug 28th 2020, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

8 children in BC have had the inflammatory syndrome that has been linked to COVID.

7 workers at a worksite in SE BC have tested positive, 6 of the workers had recently arrived back in BC after visiting home in Alberta.

Serum testing shows immunity in the population is very low, around 1.5%.

Province is also finally breaking cases down more vs just reporting health authority, so better idea of where cases have been.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...returning-home

Looks like for Interior Health where we are, central Okanagan has the most cases at 209, followed by Kamloops.at 53, and Vernon at 20, everywhere else has had under 10 cases.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7302954/c...tral-okanagan/

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 28th 2020 at 7:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.