Coronavirus

Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

The 20-29 age group is the biggest spreader of the virus in BC, this is also the age group that wants less restrictions, but guess what is going to happen now, yep most likely more restrictions and more enforcement because our active cases are at an all time high, Saturday we saw the single most cases on a single day since this thing has happened, we are lucky right now that contact tracing is working, but more enforcement is going to be happening soon.

Hanging out in groups, and having parties isn't the road to less restrictions its the road to more of them, and an ever increasing number of cases, sure those young folks are at lowest risk of death, but they then go to work or school home to parent or grand parents who are vulnerable.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 19th 2020 at 3:44 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The 20-29 age group is the biggest spreader of the virus in BC, this is also the age group that wants less restrictions, but guess what is going to happen now, yep most likely more restrictions and more enforcement because our active cases are at an all time high, Saturday we saw the single most cases on a single day since this thing has happened, we are lucky right now that contact tracing is working, but more enforcement is going to be happening soon.

Hanging out in groups, and having parties isn't the road to less restrictions its the road to more of them, and an ever increasing number of cases, sure those young folks are at lowest risk of death, but they then go to work or school home to parent or grand parents who are vulnerable.

Exactly this!
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
No offence but why can't you just live and let live? Clearly you have no physical contact with this person so just let it be? I would probably respond similarly if someone questioned me being at a cottage with friends. Sorry that other people have a different risk tolerance level then you do.
I have stayed friends with her and her family - I have knows them for years- she is not the most intelligent of people, in fact she is thick as a plank, which is why I reached out to her to let her know! She sent me a message later after she had read the link I gave her about 'Social Circles' and said that she genuinely did not know nor understand the constraints that Ontario have for 'social circles' - and thanked me...... and said she hadn't realised she was putting her Mother and several other members of her family at risk... but would not be taking that risk again.

Sorry but some people have different cognitive abilities / understanding and higher (or lower) intelligence and more (or less) common sense than others........

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 19th 2020 at 4:50 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I have stayed friends with her and her family - I have knows them for years- she is not the most intelligent of people, in fact she is thick as a plank, which is why I reached out to her to let her know! She sent me a message later after she had read the link I gave her about 'Social Circles' and said that she genuinely did not know nor understand the constraints that Ontario have for 'social circles' - and thanked me...... and said she hadn't realised she was putting her Mother and several other members of her family at risk... but would not be taking that risk again.

Sorry but some people have different cognitive abilities / understanding and higher (or lower) intelligence and more (or less) common sense than others........
Fair enough, I guess some people are just plain ignorant rather than educating themselves on the facts and making an informed decision on what they wish to do
Old Aug 19th 2020, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

And, for the record, I don't think there is any way to enforce this "social circle" thing. It's up to people whether they want to follow the guidelines or not, just like everything else in life.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky me. I am having a COVID test today in 2 hours. I had a cough the last couple of days, sore throat this morning, and some nose congestion, called the urgent care place spoke to the person there who did a phone assessment, and well until the test comes back, I am considered positive and other then going out for the test at 1pm, have to self isolate until the test results come back, which take 1-4 days on average according to urgent care place, also means my wife has to self isolate as well, hopefully it comes back negative and its just a cold or allergies.

Old Aug 19th 2020, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lucky me. I am having a COVID test today in 2 hours. I had a cough the last couple of days, sore throat this morning, and some nose congestion, called the urgent care place spoke to the person there who did a phone assessment, and well until the test comes back, I am considered positive and other then going out for the test at 1pm, have to self isolate until the test results come back, which take 1-4 days on average according to urgent care place, also means my wife has to self isolate as well, hopefully it comes back negative and its just a cold or allergies.
Sorry to hear that Jsmth.

Personally I will not be getting tested unless it's required to travel.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gozit
Sorry to hear that Jsmth.

Personally I will not be getting tested unless it's required to travel.

I was trying to put it off in hopes it was just allergy, but its 4 days now so I called the urgent care where the testing is done and did their screening and they said testing should be done based on the symptoms I am having.

The test itself isn't horrible, not something I would want to do everyday, more discomfort than pain, the nurse sticks it up the nose, twists it around for 10 seconds, and done.

Total time from arriving to leaving about 35 minutes, most of that time is just waiting to register and get the COVID test package and then wait until a nurse calls your name.

Those with a positive test will be notified by public health, those with a negative test can call a phone number, have a text, or check online after 72 hours to confirm negative test results. Until results are back, the person is presumed positive.

Test goes to Vancouver for testing, looks like turn around time is about 30 hours for interior health the last little bit, so I figure probably know by Friday most likely.

Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Test goes to Vancouver for testing, looks like turn around time is about 30 hours for interior health the last little bit, so I figure probably know by Friday most likely.
When my co-worker was tested in Regina about a month ago it took about 2 days for results. Obviously 30 hrs isn't as good as 3 hrs, but could be worse I suppose. I've been thinking about getting tested just because we have open testing here now, but will probably wait a bit.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My SD had her (negative) result the same day (on line) from a 10.00am appointment.
Biggest issue was not using public transport to get there. Two buses needed anyway. Half hour walk, she said. Looked much further and way beyond me.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

These little cubiclettes are being made to fit school desks:

https://leaderpost.com/business/loca...-6a737c56c91a/
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My SD had her (negative) result the same day (on line) from a 10.00am appointment.
Biggest issue was not using public transport to get there. Two buses needed anyway. Half hour walk, she said. Looked much further and way beyond me.
It's the same here no public transit, no taxis, no uber etc, its hard for those who don't drive to get tested.

If we didn't have a car, I don't know where I would have gotten tested as its not really within walking distance as it's 15km each way from the apartment, and google says 3 hour 10 min each way, not exactly nearby.

But maybe doctors offices can do it, I dunno, don't have a GP yet and I just went where I was told to go..

Being new to Interior Health, my email isn't on file so I can't check online, I tried to sign up for online but say's I need to add my email to my medical record at one of their facilities, too bad nobody mentioned this during registration part.....

But I did sign up for text message for negative result, so as long as that service works, I should know at some point.

Using the BC CDC dash board looks like the last few days the turn around time is around 30 hours, so maybe tomorrow I will know.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 19th 2020 at 11:04 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 11:39 pm
Banned

Keeping everything crossed for you......
Old Aug 20th 2020, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Hospitalizations are up a bit but today's cases is slightly lower but one day does not make a trend.

63 new cases, 798 active cases and 10 in hospital.

Looks like testing capacity has been increased to 8,000 per day, and new testing sites added due to demand in Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-19-1.5692680
Old Aug 20th 2020, 12:36 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Ben and I got tested a couple of weeks ago as I was feeling a bit under the weather, was super impressed with the set up, and the fact it took less than 24 ours to get the (thankfully negative) results.
Entertainment in the line up was provided by Ben doing Zombie impressions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.