Coronavirus

Old Aug 9th 2020, 12:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I'm not really interested in a vaccine - but I am interested in a proven treatment for those that catch it, one that works to alleviate symptoms and reduces the likelihood of it being terminal.
Old Aug 9th 2020, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm not really interested in a vaccine - but I am interested in a proven treatment for those that catch it, one that works to alleviate symptoms and reduces the likelihood of it being terminal.

If only it would mutate to be more mild like it's cousins in the corona family who already infect us, and maybe it will, that would be best overall since there will never be 100% of the population who will get a vaccine anyhow.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 4:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If only it would mutate to be more mild like it's cousins in the corona family who already infect us, and maybe it will, that would be best overall since there will never be 100% of the population who will get a vaccine anyhow.
You don't need 100% to largely eliminate the disease - IIRC somewhere around 90%-95% is enough to make a disease extremely rare even among those who have not been vaccinated. It is only in recent years as more people have stopped having their children vaccinated against measels, I think in some areas of the US dropping below 90%, that that disease has started to resurface in those areas. It is still widespread in Africa and Asia.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

131 cases since Friday in BC.
50 new cases recorded from Friday to Saturday
37 between Saturday and Sunday
44 between Sunday and Monday
445 active cases
Hospitalizations 9 with 3 in ICU, hospitalizations is down 2 and ICU down 1 from Friday.
No deaths for 10 days now.

2 new outbreaks in health care facilities, both in Fraser Health

Dr. Henry say's we need to work collectively to stop these exposures from happening.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 10th 2020 at 10:36 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

131 cases since Friday in BC.
50 new cases recorded from Friday to Saturday
37 between Saturday and Sunday
44 between Sunday and Monday
445 active cases
Hospitalizations 9 with 3 in ICU, hospitalizations is down 2 and ICU down 1 from Friday.
No deaths for 10 days now.

2 new outbreaks in health care facilities, both in Fraser Health

Dr. Henry say's we need to work collectively to stop these exposures from happening.
Isn't it interesting though that although we are still seeing more cases and some spikes in areas the deaths have stopped and even before that we were only recording one or two here and there. What interests me even more even though i don't live there is that the UK death count is also very low compared to back when we were seeing figures of up to 1000 a day! So even though things are opening up then and spikes are happening and we are seeing mass sun seeker events at all south coast beaches we are still only seeing deaths down to single figures. Are we getting a better understanding and treating those that fall ill more quickly? are those falling ill now younger and are more capable of fighting it off? or are we seeing it become less violent?
Old Aug 11th 2020, 2:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
...... Are we getting a better understanding and treating those that fall ill more quickly? ...
Treatment protocols have changed, it was reported back in June by hospitals in the UK that the use of Dexamethasone, a steroid, was greatly improving outcomes i.e. they are less likely to die, for those hospitalized and in the most serious condition, needing ventilation and an ICU bed,
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

BC students will be getting a bit longer of a break and not returning to school on September 8th as planned, no word on how long the delay will be though.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/08...ll-be-delayed/
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Are we getting a better understanding and treating those that fall ill more quickly? are those falling ill now younger and are more capable of fighting it off? or are we seeing it become less violent?
In my opinion partly the first one, coupled with the fact that those most vulnerable generally or to this specific virus have been picked off.

My take on it in the UK its so widespread most people have been exposed to it, whilst not everyone of those people has caught it, those most susceptible to it have.

There is also the evidence that the quantity of the virus you are infected with has a direct link to how serious it becomes (whether that's on a level similar to toxicity, or more how long it takes to multiply to a dangerous level whilst your body fights it) with mask wearing, increased social distancing and the fact folk now actively move away when someone coughs nearby - its also probable that any transmission of covid is in lesser quantities than it previously was.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:12 am
Account Closed

46 new cases since yesterday in BC.

Old Aug 12th 2020, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

BC students will be getting a bit longer of a break and not returning to school on September 8th as planned, no word on how long the delay will be though.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/08...ll-be-delayed/
That is the smart approach. Pushing the kids back to school has not helped in France. Our cases have doubled in the last few days. Who knows if its students or tourists spreading it. Whatever it is, it's human contagion and as long as humans are mixing and in close invironments the Pandemic gets fed.

I think a year out of school is better than deadness spread.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
That is the smart approach. .....
I am inclined to agree. When some schools have committed to going back to in-person schooling, it definitely makes 100% sense to hold off for at least a few weeks, to see how other schools are faring, and learn from their experience and mistakes.

Personally, despite the quite frankly, bizarrely over-enthuiastic bravado of Boris Johnson in the past few days, I am expecting that at least some of the school districts that are now "reopening" with a fanfare, will be "re-shutting down again" within a few weeks.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am inclined to agree. When some schools have committed to going back to in-person schooling, it definitely makes 100% sense to hold off for at least a few weeks, to see how other schools are faring, and learn from their experience and mistakes.

Personally, despite the quite frankly, bizarrely over-enthuiastic bravado of Boris Johnson in the past few days, I am expecting that at least some of the school districts that are now "reopening" with a fanfare, will be "re-shutting down again" within a few weeks.
My granddaughter will be in Grade 1, starting back after Labour Day. 4 days per week...1 day e-learning at home. 7 to 10 kids per room. Staggered drop off and pick up. No after or before school care. Kids are dropped off outside the school, preferably from the car.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My granddaughter will be in Grade 1, starting back after Labour Day. 4 days per week...1 day e-learning at home. 7 to 10 kids per room. Staggered drop off and pick up. No after or before school care. Kids are dropped off outside the school, preferably from the car.
I hope it works out OK, but I am sceptical that enforcing SD and hygiene rules on children of that age will be any easier than herding cats.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 6:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I hope it works out OK, but I am sceptical that enforcing SD and hygiene rules on children of that age will be any easier than herding cats.
Agreed.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Agreed.
Its completly daft. Is it possible none of the people that advised these measures of back to school have watched 6 year old children for more than five minutes to see what all they can get up to?👫👭👬😤😛💏😥

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.