Coronavirus

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:15 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Would it be simplistic for governments to provide the odds of catching the Coronavirus (by postode or town, etc)? It's an easy enough number to understand, although admittedly clunky because the odds are changing every minute. But surely it would be helpful to the public in gauging risk between locations and over time. At the outset there was talk of the R number, but that is not intuitive for individuals and essentially functions as a traffic light.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Would it be simplistic for governments to provide the odds of catching the Coronavirus (by postode or town, etc)? It's an easy enough number to understand, although admittedly clunky because the odds are changing every minute. But surely it would be helpful to the public in gauging risk between locations and over time. At the outset there was talk of the R number, but that is not intuitive for individuals and essentially functions as a traffic light.
People would simply use anything in the low/ very low risk zones as a reason to take no precautions, and argue with even basic SD guidance. This would probably have the effect of driving up the infection rate towards the average.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
People would simply use anything in the low/ very low risk zones as a reason to take no precautions, and argue with even basic SD guidance. This would probably have the effect of driving up the infection rate towards the average.
Not to mention I think it would also drive those in high risk areas to go "let's escape this covid nightmare and go xxx as they've got no cases" oblivious to the fact they may be spreading it themselves.

​​​​
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I hear people in BC are encouraged to use Glory Holes for safe sex during this pandemic

George Michael would approve I guess
Yes it actually is/was on the BC CDC website for sex during COVID. Its been a running joke online this week...

This is the wording used "Use barriers, like walls (e.g., glory holes), that allow for sexual contact but prevent close face-to-face contact."

COVID-19 and Sex

34 new cases announced today
1000 people in self isolation
70 cases now linked to events and parties in Kelowna

New rules for bars and night clubs which include, no dance floor, all patrons must be seated and no alcohol self service (such as going up to the bar to order)

"The B.C. COVID-19 curve is trending in a direction we don't want it to go — upwards," said Henry.

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Not to mention I think it would also drive those in high risk areas to go "let's escape this covid nightmare and go xxx as they've got no cases" oblivious to the fact they may be spreading it themselves.

​​​​
this is surely the entire problem with the local lockdown concept
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 12:02 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Yes it actually is/was on the BC CDC website for sex during COVID. Its been a running joke online this week...

This is the wording used "Use barriers, like walls (e.g., glory holes), that allow for sexual contact but prevent close face-to-face contact." ....
That brings a whole (no pun intended) new meaning to "using a barrier method".
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 1:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
On the Hamilton website they have the number of infected in each census tract ..which gives a good idea of where you are less likely to catch it.
https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/...es-in-hamilton = pan down to the map at the bottom - you can keep zooming in to specific streets etc.,
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 1:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like there is a possibility that health officials are considering restrictions in Central Okanagan that differ from other regions of the province.

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 5:11 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I hear people in BC are encouraged to use Glory Holes for safe sex during this pandemic

I just read the Global article on glory holes... it says the recommendation is just a tip.
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 2:43 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I just read the Global article on glory holes... it says the recommendation is just a tip.
Anyone got a stud finder, I don’t wanna drill or go thru a wire or stud
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got a stud finder, I don’t wanna drill or go thru a wire or stud
I was led to believe the chance to go through a stud was one of the highlights of a glory hole?
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Yes just a tip, its just amusing for people considering its a government agency giving the tip....lol
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 4:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

Browns Socialhouse, 100-1544 Harvey Avenue, on July 13 or July 16-19 are asked to self-monitor themselves closely for symptoms of COVID-19 and to get tested if they begin to exhibit symptoms.

Another COVID exposure location has been identified in Kelowna.
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine sent that to me yesterday.... I honestly thought it was a joke/meme! what the hell??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.