Coronavirus

Old Jul 7th 2020, 11:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You can do that by all means and that certainly seems to be the route that Australia and New Zealand are taking but I think you then need to be very well prepared for the number of jobs and livelihoods that will be destroyed as a direct result.

Additionally, unless you want to be the next North Korea, it generally isn't feasible to wall yourself off from the outside world forever. The 'nobody ever goes in, nobody ever goes out' policy might have worked for Willy Wonka but it's rarely the way forward in a modern and globalist economy.
I didn’t say forever.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 11:46 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I didn’t say forever.
Well if they're insistent on keeping their neighbour to the south sweet then who knows how long it could be? For European and Asian countries to create a whitelist and snub American tourists and business travellers is one thing but for Canada to do it is unfortunately quite another.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have moved off topic posts discussing proms/PHD’s into a new thread. Please posts further comments here:

Off Topic Posts From Coronavirus Thread: Proms/PHDs etc

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 7th 2020 at 12:48 pm. Reason: Insert link
Old Jul 7th 2020, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

I just think its an age thing with Gozit, he’s just having a vent, he’s a smart lad, but relatively speaking he’s only been around for a short time so this is a big deal to him… remember when all us old gits we were 21? we were susceptible to the odd “toys out the pram” moment. As we have said 20 years from now, people will discuss the covid pandemic and how it affected the world, and maybe the economic knock on effects that we don’t yet know the extent of, but a school prom celebration or year with no social events will be consigned to “ah yeah we didn’t do much that year did we” and that will be it.

Gozit… all I can say mate, is be patient and stick with it, things will get back to normal… you will look back on this year even in 10 years from now and will dismiss it with the attitude of why did I get so bent out of shape, as you will have been through much bigger challenges in your life by then. This year to me personally has been pretty meh and there have been plenty of dissapointments, but I have been through a lot worse, it is all relative, and you will no doubt face bigger hurdles in your life, so just look at it as a training year in the span of your life.

Old Jul 7th 2020, 1:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ok I’m pissed off and probably will regret writing this but Gozit, while you are bleating about your previous lost opportunities and inability to travel because of those pesky quarantine rules. Some of us are facing the real possibility that we will NEVER get to see close family members again because selfish idiots can’t bring themselves to stay indoors.
if everyone just stayed at fricken home for a few weeks this would be OVER. But all the special snowflakes who can’t possibly do that mean this will go on and on
I hear you. I'm upset because I may never see my 90 year old mum again meanwhile I see all the GTA visitors partying, not distancing, trashing the place with their garbage and poop. All because they lack self control and the rest of us suffer the consequences.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 3:23 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is good news or bad news?

Majority testing positive have no symptoms
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53320155
Old Jul 7th 2020, 4:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Not sure if this is good news or bad news?

Majority testing positive have no symptoms. .....
I don't think that is news, it has been known, and reported, for at least a couple of months. The reason it is probably scary is that is means young and healthy people can get it, never feel sick, but pass it to their friends and relatives who have health issues and/or are elderly.

A neighbour of mine is passed retirement age and has some significant health isues, notably re lung effectiveness, as well as being overweight, and he gave up a part time job last March when the SHTF because it was in a very high risk business. So now he stays home, but pretty much every week his two adult kids come over with their spouses and his grandkids, to hang out, because that is a "permitted activity", and I am sure he doesn't really understand the risks that he is exposing himself to, because I sincerely doubt his kids are taking many precautions, and (based only on stereotypes), I suspect that they are probably opposed to mask-wearing.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 7th 2020 at 5:38 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 5:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52840763
Interesting read about 'silent spreaders'
Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

A woman in Toronto on TV...’why should I wear a mask so someone else can feel better?’

Ignorant, arrogant, selfish.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

A woman in Toronto on TV...’why should I wear a mask so someone else can feel better?’

You forgot, moron.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:04 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Oh yeah because that worked so well the first time didn't it? Just stay home for 2 weeks they said, it will be all over before you know it! Poppycock unless you are inferring all 37 million Canadians stay home for as long as it takes, no ifs or buts, no excuses, no food shopping, medical trips, no essential work trips, nadda! And then when we are done and have erradicated it completely from CANADA lets open up everything and let out friends south of the border in.
But most people didn't stay home the first time. They found excuses to be exempt and pottered off to the shops, maskless, and didn't worry how close they got to people. Then just for good measure they went out and protested because Justin did, so why not!
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

You want idiots in Canada? We've got idiots in Canada:
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Top marks St Josephs. Perhaps in a few weeks time this woman will feel as ashamed as the dog walker in Central Park now must.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:32 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This quote is as true today as it was in 1919

“Three main factors stand in the way of prevention: First,
public indifference. People do not appreciate the risks
they run. The second factor…..is the personal character of
the measures which must be employed…It does not lie in
human nature for a man who thinks he has only a slight
cold to shut himself up in rigid isolation... Third, the highly
infectious nature of the respiratory infections adds to the
difficulty of their control.”

Major George A Soper, 1919, The Lessons of the Pandemic, Science157

Last edited by Danny B; Jul 7th 2020 at 9:22 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Government here in BC didn't really give much choice to majority of shops/non-essential businesses, many sectors were forced to close. And guess what by forcing places to close, people tended to stay home more, and that in turn kept the spread somewhat low and manageable, and now we are in stage 3 of reopening, mostly back to normal, and still with limited new cases, is it perfect no, but seems that the trick with this virus is to quickly take steps early on before it gets out of control in the community.

In the end I think places like BC will recover quicker than many US states who took little action, or took action too late, or who opened up too early.

Also never turn a pandemic into a political issue, politicians should shut up and let the experts do their jobs in controlling it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.