Coronavirus

Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I do wonder what the plan is if it turns out antibodies for this virus is not long lasting. Suppose it could be like the flu shot and require a new shot every X amount of time. This virus seems tricky especially the part where many seem to have it and not know it....maybe its mutating where it can spread but not make people as ill, that would be a good think I would think.
I’m thinking it could well be like flu...I different vaccine every year.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:08 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I came to Canada to escape the personification of evil, Margaret Thatcher. Apart from Trump I haven't since encountered such malevolence in a person. I do, however, disagree with most people while feeling they should be heard.

“If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.”
Margaret Thatcher
Old Jun 20th 2020, 9:49 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I'd suggest that Trump's comments about bleach and UV light were massively overblown by the media. I have seem a meme that summed the issue up perfectly: "Trump advises people to drink water" is spun into "Trump.advocates drowning"

Someone has to inject a little debate into these types of posts. This forum has become a sad version of what it used to be when I first joined, when people used to duck and dive.
Certainly there is some media bias against Trump, but it pales into insignificance against the lies and hyperbole he trots out. Face it, he's a moron. He doesn't read. He doesn't listen to his advisors. He's a raging narcissist. Consider all those top military generals and admin staff who slate him once they have the independence to so. I don't know why anyone would give Trump the benefit of the doubt on anything. Prior to the pandemic and BLM, one might be able to argue that he's some kind of pragmatic unconventional leader, but since those two watershed events, he's shown a startling level of unawareness and incompetence.

​​
Old Jun 20th 2020, 9:52 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I do agree with that AC, it does seem to have become, not necessarily more PC, but more something or other...I worry that it’s because we are all becoming more Canadian.
Haha. Be careful !
Old Jun 20th 2020, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Certainly there is some media bias against Trump, but it pales into insignificance against the lies and hyperbole he trots out. Face it, he's a moron. He doesn't read. He doesn't listen to his advisors. He's a raging narcissist. Consider all those top military generals and admin staff who slate him once they have the independence to so. I don't know why anyone would give Trump the benefit of the doubt on anything. Prior to the pandemic and BLM, one might be able to argue that he's some kind of pragmatic unconventional leader, but since those two watershed events, he's shown a startling level of unawareness and incompetence.

​​
You'll never hear me deny he is a moron. However, lots of things attributed to him by the media, and intelligent people on here, simply didn't happen. The bleach/UV nonsense being the perfect example.

When the number of deaths in Canada is grossed up to reflect the population differences between it and the US, the figures don't look so favourable when the population density, numbers of truly global cities and cases/deaths are taken into account.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Jun 20th 2020 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 1:28 pm
Yo

You'll never hear me deny he is a moron. However, lots of things attributed to him by the media, and intelligent people on here, simply didn't happen. The bleach/UV nonsense being the perfect example.

When the number of deaths in Canada is grossed up to reflect the population differences between it and the US, the figures don't look so favourable when the population density, numbers of truly global cities and cases/deaths are taken into account.
So his comments about bleach were misconstrued? As a head of state, at a public press conference, with his chief medical staff too bullied to speak isn't that kind of random musing reckless?

As far as death rates, living in the UK, I really can't comment on the US or Canada. Our Poundshop Trump is equally capable of incompetent leadership.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
So his comments about bleach were misconstrued? As a head of state, at a public press conference, with his chief medical staff too bullied to speak isn't that kind of random musing reckless?

As far as death rates, living in the UK, I really can't comment on the US or Canada. Our Poundshop Trump is equally capable of incompetent leadership.
I take it that you haven't viewed the video of what he said? I suggest you do so and then confirm that at no time did he suggest that people drink bleach. He mentioned that his expert, who was sat close to him, had mentioned the possibilities and he suggested that they look into it. C9mpletely different to what some in he media reported.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahem.

I think Trump gets a generous press. Two "news" networks are slavish to him. Fox is allowed to report as if it were a news channel without having a license. "Both sides ism" causes even the NYT to publish lunatic op-ed pieces by members of the Trump administration as if they advanced views acceptable in a civilized society.; it's as if they were taking, say, Creation Science, seriously.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:41 pm
Yo

I take it that you haven't viewed the video of what he said? I suggest you do so and then confirm that at no time did he suggest that people drink bleach. He mentioned that his expert, who was sat close to him, had mentioned the possibilities and he suggested that they look into it. C9mpletely different to what some in he media reported.
I haven't referred to any drinking of bleach? I have seen the clip a number of times, and found his non-expert riffing on introducing disinfectant to the body reckless. Ok, the media embellished it, with motive, but it doesn't excuse the original behavior. It's classic Trump, leading by innuendo and ignorance, he did the same thing with hydroxy. Deflecting fault from the perpratator to the media is to lose sight of what's going on.

Old Jun 20th 2020, 2:45 pm
Yo

Ahem.

I think Trump gets a generous press. Two "news" networks are slavish to him. Fox is allowed to report as if it were a news channel without having a license. "Both sides ism" causes even the NYT to publish lunatic op-ed pieces by members of the Trump administration as if they advanced views acceptable in a civilized society.; it's as if they were taking, say, Creation Science, seriously.
I agree. I find the American press far too deferential to Mr President in the circumstances. Anyone that moronic would be slaughtered (in person) by the UK press. Not literally !
Old Jun 20th 2020, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahem.

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/...429189?lang=en

That isn't the entirety of what was said, as you are likely aware.

Politics in the US is a mess and that is due to the conduct of all involved. I don't belive that anyone has suggested is is a perfect example of how a society acts in the bests interests of those it is purporting to serve.

I will leave is for others to continue the debate as my weekend is about to start.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Jun 20th 2020 at 3:32 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Some may have heard about the 'border' restrictions operational in Atlantic Canada and how a doctor broke the rules and has now been linked with about 40 of something like 45 new cases in NB over the last month. He initially apologised for his "error of judgement" but said he didn't meet up with anyone; going straight to Montreal area and straight back.

The health authority suspended him and, curiously, revealed he had previously given notice of resignation.

There's been much back-tracking of his original statements - covering his back, presumably - following the social media storm.

The New York Times picked up on the 'restricted travel' within Canada aspect and interviewed him. Perhaps he didn't think it would be picked up in Canada or maybe he just didn't think.
He had a job interview in Montreal...likely he was successful and that led to his resignation before anything blew up.

Old Jun 22nd 2020, 4:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Would you lot stop taking this into a Political thread please..... as has been asked previously....... any more and they will get moved to >>>>>>> Political Posts moved from the Coronavirus thread
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 6:05 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Some may have heard about the 'border' restrictions operational in Atlantic Canada and how a doctor broke the rules and has now been linked with about 40 of something like 45 new cases in NB over the last month. He initially apologised for his "error of judgement" but said he didn't meet up with anyone; going straight to Montreal area and straight back.

The health authority suspended him and, curiously, revealed he had previously given notice of resignation.

There's been much back-tracking of his original statements - covering his back, presumably - following the social media storm.

The New York Times picked up on the 'restricted travel' within Canada aspect and interviewed him. Perhaps he didn't think it would be picked up in Canada or maybe he just didn't think.
He had a job interview in Montreal...likely he was successful and that led to his resignation before anything blew up.
Interesting. Originally he said that he'd gone to collect his daughter, who was living in Montreal, and who he brought back from there and put into daycare in Canada. Guessing she was infected without symptoms, and infected him. If he told the border officials that he was bringing the daughter from Montreal surely they would have told him they both had to quarantine for 14 days
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 6:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cxx
Interesting. Originally he said that he'd gone to collect his daughter, who was living in Montreal, and who he brought back from there and put into daycare in Canada. Guessing she was infected without symptoms, and infected him. If he told the border officials that he was bringing the daughter from Montreal surely they would have told him they both had to quarantine for 14 days
It appears he did both. A lucky break having a job interview coincide with the 'need' to collect the child.
In the early days it was suggested 'work related' was the reason given (hence no isolation), which could be the one bit of truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.