Coronavirus

Old May 1st 2020, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
This COVID experience has certainly made me realize that I do not want to go to prison...EVER.
Yep. I could not imagine how miserable the prison experience is.

I couldn't even imagine working in one, gotta be a not so pleasent work environment.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 1st 2020 at 11:48 pm.
Old May 1st 2020, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I couldn't even imagine working in one, gotta be a not so pleasent work environment.
Been there, done that.

It certainly gives one an insight into how those incarceincarcerated completely different version of what is acceptable to those not incarcerated.
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:19 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
This COVID experience has certainly made me realize that I do not want to go to prison...EVER.
No, I couldn’t bear that, although I do speak to a lot of people who are incarcerated, and have been frequently, and the experience certainly doesn’t seem to put them off. Traditionally a number of people in Atlantic Canada do ‘arrange’ to spend parts of the winter months in prison to avoid the worst bits of winter and be fed...bloody sad, but I’m told it’s true.

The C19 experience really has been an eye opener. I really love, adore and get on with my husband and son, but there have been a couple of times when we are all getting edgy with each other and have gone off to do things in other parts of the house so we don’t end up like a sack of spitting cats

I’ve imagined what it might be like to then be doing C19 with a volatile person with a short fuse, who you don’t love or trust and the thought is beyond me.
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I’ve imagined what it might be like to then be doing C19 with a volatile person with a short fuse, who you don’t love or trust and the thought is beyond me.
So you don't envy being Melania then
Old May 2nd 2020, 2:29 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So you don't envy being Melania then
GOD! What a terrible thought FL...I am going to lie down for a bit in a darkened room
Old May 2nd 2020, 6:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
GOD! What a terrible thought FL...I am going to lie down for a bit in a darkened room
Unless they're posing for a photo op I don't think she lets him too close anyway.
Old May 2nd 2020, 6:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Stepson went round to Shoppers Drug mart this morning - prescription pick up and eggs and butter. They have a limit of six people in store to shop.

There is a family of four ahead of him waiting to get in. That's a family of four, not one person per shopping visit.

Three individuals leave the store and father gets into an argument with the security person because he won't let them in yet as that would put them over the limit. Father gets into such a strop he says they'll go to the other store - it's not that far but doesn't have the wide range of stuff. They get into a car and drive off.

Old May 2nd 2020, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Stepson went round to Shoppers Drug mart this morning - prescription pick up and eggs and butter. They have a limit of six people in store to shop.

There is a family of four ahead of him waiting to get in. That's a family of four, not one person per shopping visit.

Three individuals leave the store and father gets into an argument with the security person because he won't let them in yet as that would put them over the limit. Father gets into such a strop he says they'll go to the other store - it's not that far but doesn't have the wide range of stuff. They get into a car and drive off.

You can't fix stupid.....
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:50 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Been there, done that.
How long were you in for? 10 Stretch?

Old May 3rd 2020, 12:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The dog needed to go to the vet today, and of course they are not letting people go in with their pets except in extreme situations (like putting a pet down) and they even do a COVID pet screening over the phone before coming outside to get the pet. We were asked if the dog has been lethargic, had a fever, loss of appetite or if she has been sneezing and coughing.

The vet has a pretty good method set up, arrive and call, they check you in, then call you when its your turn, you take the pet and attach the pets leash to a hook by the door, then stand back at least 6 feet, someone opens the door and takes the pet in, then the doctor calls and talks through everything on the phone, someone brings pet back out, puts the leash on the hook. Payment is either email transfer or credit card which they must receive before bringing the pet back out.

Old May 3rd 2020, 1:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The dog needed to go to the vet today, and of course they are not letting people go in with their pets except in extreme situations (like putting a pet down) and they even do a COVID pet screening over the phone before coming outside to get the pet. We were asked if the dog has been lethargic, had a fever, loss of appetite or if she has been sneezing and coughing.

The vet has a pretty good method set up, arrive and call, they check you in, then call you when its your turn, you take the pet and attach the pets leash to a hook by the door, then stand back at least 6 feet, someone opens the door and takes the pet in, then the doctor calls and talks through everything on the phone, someone brings pet back out, puts the leash on the hook. Payment is either email transfer or credit card which they must receive before bringing the pet back out.
Equine vets can only come out for "emergencies" and the definition of emergency is very tight. This evening I saw a mare with a new foal, born yesterday. The mare is bleeding internally but that's not enough to count as an emergency.
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbd33
Equine vets can only come out for "emergencies" and the definition of emergency is very tight. This evening I saw a mare with a new foal, born yesterday. The mare is bleeding internally but that's not enough to count as an emergency.
Regular vets here seem to be able to do most things still, but certainly not letting people into the office for majority of services, only the pet is allowed in.
Old May 3rd 2020, 2:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

my daughter has had to take her dog to,the emergency animal hospital a few times in the last few weeks due to heart failure. They have more or less the same procedures in place.
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything explained:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...wtwvIYkfpFO2T8
Old May 3rd 2020, 4:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

A country in Africa has found the cure.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52519853

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.