Coronavirus

Old Apr 4th 2020, 11:02 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This guy is an idiot. BC Solicitor General even called him an idiot.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6777373/b...site-hospital/

My question is if he thinks this is a hoax/doesn't exist, why does he wear a mask in parts of his video?
This man should be arrested and put behind bars in solitary confinement. That he could ‘encourage’ people to join him at his non social distancing get together says a lot about their sheep like mentality too. What a narcissistic, self aggrandizing, pillock.

I did see a man walking down the road yesterday with one of the small bright green dollar shop reusable bags on his head- he had just cut out two eye holes
Old Apr 4th 2020, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Would the USA notice if Canada halted the export of any items to them?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/3m-s...ions-1.4881032
Old Apr 4th 2020, 3:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf

"There is much trade that goes back and forth in essential services and it could hurt Americans as much as it hurts anybody else."
What the article didn't quote was Trudeau making the point that this is a bad time for a trade war over medical supplies in a way that Trump can understand. He mentioned that there are a lot of nurses and other medical personnel that cross from Windsor into Detroit to work in American hospitals every day. It was an indirect threat, the sort Trump is known for. I like it.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 5:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
This man should be arrested and put behind bars in solitary confinement.
I haven't watched the video but I don't understand why there isn't more of that sort of reaction to people like this. Legally of course

Something that is risking the health of other people in this way...I see it as very similar to when people with HIV could be charged for not disclosing the condition to someone they have sex or needle share with.

I did see a man walking down the road yesterday with one of the small bright green dollar shop reusable bags on his head- he had just cut out two eye holes
I hope they were paying him for the advertising.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I haven't watched the video but I don't understand why there isn't more of that sort of reaction to people like this. Legally of course

Something that is risking the health of other people in this way...I see it as very similar to when people with HIV could be charged for not disclosing the condition to someone they have sex or needle share with.

I hope they were paying him for the advertising.
Police are investigating, if he does end up charged for breaking health orders, there are significant fines and/or up to 6 months in jail, I am sure he will be charged with something once police collect enough evidence.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Having made his point regarding the US ban on exports of 3M masks to Canada, Trudeau can take the high ground (so easy with Trump) and announce that no retaliatory measures are being considered. He makes a point of noting that constructive discussions are going on with different levels within the Trump administration. I take that to mean he isn't talking to shithead anymore; only people that can reason.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...s-pm-1.4882563
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:03 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf

Yes.

I believe the raw material used in the masks that 3M makes is natural resource from Canada.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:09 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
There seems to be a lot of reduplicated effort at dealing with something like Covid at the provincial rather than national level. That's quite a broad range Ontario has come up with.
It is broad and also somewhat exaggerated.

Currently our new cases trends below the 80,000 cases point to generate 1600 deaths. That was their best case scenario.

It's not arrogance but we've been in isolation 3 weeks so I actually think we'll do a lot less than this.

My concern is more when I will work again and how long I can pay my landlord for.

This is a controversial statement but the politicians are more concerned with killing tax payers in the long term to save a few retirees in the short term.

The pyramid scheme continues to pay upward.

Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

There was a report in yesterday's local paper about delivery of newspapers and flyers, concluding that there was only a very, very, small chance of the virus remaining viable on newsprint.

Not a word about how the flyers always arrive in a plastic bag and the newspaper does 99% of the time.

If your newspaper carrier is a carrier of more than newspapers, I would imagine the virus might remain longer on the plastic bag than the newspaper itself. Not that it would necessarily remain viable, but it's worth thinking about I feel.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

There was a report in yesterday's local paper about delivery of newspapers and flyers, concluding that there was only a very, very, small chance of the virus remaining viable on newsprint.

Not a word about how the flyers always arrive in a plastic bag and the newspaper does 99% of the time.

If your newspaper carrier is a carrier of more than newspapers, I would imagine the virus might remain longer on the plastic bag than the newspaper itself. Not that it would necessarily remain viable, but it's worth thinking about I feel.
Take the bag off carefully and place in the trash. Wash your hands.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

29 new cases in BC, total now 1,203.

3 more deaths.

23 long term care facilities now have outbreaks.

COVID-19 strategic advisory committee is being created in BC to facilitate research related to the virus.

Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:37 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Take the bag off carefully and place in the trash. Wash your hands.
That's exactly what I do

I just thought that the report might discourage this.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:44 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
29 new cases in BC, total now 1,203.

3 more deaths.
NB just went up to 98 cases, no deaths, 4 in hospital, one of those in ICU.
90% travel related or close contacts of those travellers.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

NB just went up to 98 cases, no deaths, 4 in hospital, one of those in ICU.
90% travel related or close contacts of those travellers.
149 in hospital here with 68 in ICU, and 704 have recovered, leaving 461 active cases.

47,352 tests completed as of April 3.

Old Apr 4th 2020, 9:04 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

That's awesome. It looks like you have flattened it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.