Coronavirus

Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by MillieF
...On Monday, I popped out of my door to give some bread to the squirrels, upturned myself on my own front step and ended up in a bad way..
They tripped you up, the blighters, because you didn't give them nuts.
Hope you're not too badly hurt.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you’re ok MillieF.

Boris and Matt Hancock have tested positive for the virus.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts of whose taxes are going to increase, and by how much, to pay for these bailouts?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 4:16 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bristol and Teaandtoday...I’m fine, a bloody great lump on my head...it was my own fault...I thought it was late enough in the year stop walking like Pingu!

Yes I just saw that BoJo and the Health Secretary have tested positive. Is it unchristian to pray that Trump might succumb?

It might be a good time, if you participate, to look at The Celebrity Croakers thread?

I just had a teleconference with work, we are presently planning to be out for the next four months minimum lockout.

Old Mar 27th 2020, 4:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Is it unchristian to pray that Trump might succumb?
Probably, but what do they know? I hope the President and all his family, his inner circle and his past and present press secretaries all survive, so not a single one of the sons of bitches can cheat the noose.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 5:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Any thoughts of whose taxes are going to increase, and by how much, to pay for these bailouts?
Well, I imagine all of our taxes are going to increase as a result, down the road. And that in nature of progressive taxation, those who earn more will be a higher proportion. I'm not sure what your point is?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

We’ll all need to pay more, if only for the increased interest on the increased debt
Old Mar 27th 2020, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's either higher taxes in the future and helping people now, or we end up in a depression with millions hungry, homeless and unemployed, I would imagine some higher taxes in the future is the best solution for the time being.

There are companies laying off 90-100% of their employees, 1 million people in a week applying for EI which is something like 2.5% of the workforce and that is just 1 week, imagine it will continue to grow as more companies lay off.

Raising taxes down the road seems like a sensible solution.

Not everyone who is affected by COVID and loss of income will qualify for the announced programs, so I imagine some will end up homeless or without food, but hopefully in small enough numbers where we don't end up with massive increases in homeless because the current homeless population is more than the services can handle, so minimizing homelessness should be priority for the government.

Now if only the grocery stores would be able to offer more pick up options and not need to go inside the store.

I check Super Store website 2 times an hour most of the day, never seem to find an open slot time.

Save On wont take our card, it has the funds but their system declines it, so while they have delivery times off and on, their system wont accept our card, guess they must not accept prepaid cards.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 27th 2020 at 7:13 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Well, I imagine all of our taxes are going to increase as a result, down the road. And that in nature of progressive taxation, those who earn more will be a higher proportion. I'm not sure what your point is?
No point. Maybe the conversations should only be about how one can cope working from home.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 8:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

A couple on news stuck on a cruise Rotterdam ship

They say they been on ship since March 15

Who the **** decides to go cruising at that time FFs
Old Mar 27th 2020, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

You’d think social isolating would be easy when you live in the forest. There are more cars at the trail entrances than on a summer bank holiday.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
You’d think social isolating would be easy when you live in the forest. There are more cars at the trail entrances than on a summer bank holiday.
just been for a walk down by the lake. There is a new 2 way walking path and a 2 way bike path. It is very busy and people are brushing past each other or stood around talking. We walk on the empty large grassy area, or the road if someone gets closers than about 20 ft. It will get busier as the weather warms up.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 9:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
just been for a walk down by the lake. There is a new 2 way walking path and a 2 way bike path. It is very busy and people are brushing past each other or stood around talking. We walk on the empty large grassy area, or the road if someone gets closers than about 20 ft. It will get busier as the weather warms up.
4 people walked down this street today. Two pairs. Someone went by on a bicycle and a Gator full of children passed. That's far busier than I've ever seen. Don't these people have jobs to go to?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 9:57 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I think everyone's taxes will go up. Higher GST maybe?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Was there any sign of a goat?

It could be devil worship season. Everything is a 'season' in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.