Coronavirus

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 4:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I don't know why some people keep saying the warmer weather will see this virus off. In the past month Australia's gone from 5 confirmed cases to 1,353. The fact is that there is no evidence that warm/hot weather will kill this bloody thing.
They aren't listening to the WHO. Was it a week ago or two weeks, they said there was no evidence to support that theory.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:24 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
They aren't listening to the WHO. Was it a week ago or two weeks, they said there was no evidence to support that theory.
Do we really trust the WHO? Their tweet below did not age well.

No one knows what the fack is going on, the thing that will hurt us the most is incorrect information being circulated. This is 2020, christ knows what it was like in 1918 during the Spanish flu.

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Do we really trust the WHO? Their tweet below did not age well.

No one knows what the fack is going on, the thing that will hurt us the most is incorrect information being circulated. This is 2020, christ knows what it was like in 1918 during the Spanish flu.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152?s=20
At the time, (based on the information they had), this was no doubt a truthful statement.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Massive oversupply of eggs here, chickens keep churning them out, not going to work so can't sell them. Come and get a few dozen.
Advertise them on kijiji - I currently have a month's supply of duck eggs pre ordered, it's gone crazy. People pay through etransfer, text me their arrival time and I leave the eggs in a sanitized tote at the end of the driveway shortly before arrival time and they pick them up.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
My friend in Spain says they have this rule. And you can be fined 600euros if non compliant or found to be out with no good reason. Spain rapidly going downhill this week. Italy quite terrifying
I don't think they have gone that far in California, but I have a feeling it will come to that as people are still not cooperating, and at some point will have the California National Guard out enforcing orders even if it requires setting up check points randomly, still have people claiming what is happening in Italy and Spain can't happen in the US and Canada and that things will be back to normal by end of March.

In the US its a bit more difficult as every state want's to do things their own way, public health is largely a state level responsibility and some governors are more worried about political repercussions than doing the right thing.

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Anyone else have teenagers or young adults in the house who suffer from anxiety. My two have pretty much refused to watch the news in tv since they were in their mid teens. It’s was too depressing, and boring.

So I don’t know where they are getting their information now. Piecemeal via social media. I find myself having to feed news and facts, and guidelines to them in carefully worded texts so as not to freak them out but to get the seriousness of this across.

There would likely be a generation or two that simply don’t tune in to BBC or CBC or any other large national (reputable?) news outlet - and are still very slow to this party.
I try not to watch news in general and only read certain articles i come across, my wife is a news addict and always has some 24 hour news channel on, spends long periods of time on speaker phone with her mom non-stop at times both talking about it.

I am going bonkers day by day.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by magnumpi
We been told it will go away when it gets warmer, that’s BS as Spain isn’t exactly snow covered is it !!
And it's spreading pretty quickly through So. California where its also not exactly cold.

Question is did this thing spread as quickly in countries south of the equator where it was summer when this all started.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Some condo buildings in Toronto have put a ban on all deliveries apart from food and meds. So far ours has asked to restrict online ordering. My daughter has a 5 yr old at home and is trying to keep her occupied by ordering games, puzzles, crafts etc. Online school lessons begin this week...hopefully that will occupy her for a while each day.
A few weeks ago when I mentioned being concerned about being able to get supplies, I was reassured deliveries would be an option etc, and turns out the companies can't even handle the demand, Amazon is basically useless for food on a good day, and now even worse due to lack fo stock, grocery stores who deliver can't handle it, websites keep crashing, orders being cancelled, orders only being partially filled, no delivery days for a week or more.

Time to rethink things in an emergency, and now more and more places closing and only taking credit cards furthers reduces the poor into struggle as poor/low income tend not to have credit cards.

I am still working on getting dog food, all the stores have closed or only doing online orders with delivery but have a minimum order of $75 or higher, and I don't have freezer space for that much dog food.

We are going to have to risk going out tomorrow for some groceries, we don't want to, but seems the only viable option, there is a 24 hour store still open 24 hours, so thinking maybe best time to go is 3am to avoid other people as much as possible.

I honestly am not sure I would survive if I caught it, my lungs are already mucousy when not sick and less serious viruses have led to pneumonia more than once for me.

Originally Posted by Danny B
This is purely speculation and my gut feeling, but I feel as though BC is on the verge on implementing a full lock down, similar to Spain & Italy within the next few days.
It's coming, reading between the lines its not hard to guess, and slowly as they have closed down regional parks, hiking trails and such, its pretty clear its coming soon as people are not listening.

So far a lot of my reading between the lines has been correct too, so I have a good track record, although its not 100%, but 2 days before California did shelter in place, I mentioned it and was shot down, well look what happened. When I raised concern about pet stores closing last week in a local pet group, I was attacked and accused of fear mongering, and look now several pet stores have chosen to close, and I imagine more will follow, just like California just because a pet store can remain open, doesn't mean they will remain open.

It amazing how little people listen, the news was out yesterday and stopped and asked 3 younger ladies why they were not social distancing one looked confused, and the other said it was too hard, and looked weird.

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 7:49 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It amazing how little people listen, the news was out yesterday and stopped and asked 3 younger ladies why they were not social distancing one looked confused, and the other said it was too hard, and looked weird.

we’re doomed !!
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 8:05 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
we’re doomed !!
I'm afraid it's not that difficult.
We know that this virus is transferred by contact or coming into contact with contaminated surfaces or fluids.
We know that maintaining space and keeping extremities sanitised will result in a much lowered chance of catching the thing.
But we also know that driving sober saves lives.
The truth is that people simply don't care. They're selfish and impulsive.
You cannot save people from themselves, it's why the virus is winning, it exploits stupidity.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Massive oversupply of eggs here, chickens keep churning them out, not going to work so can't sell them. Come and get a few dozen.
Wish I could!!! They would taste so much better than store-bought.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Another example of people not understanding the situation.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now limiting how much I listen to or read about the virus. Not because I'm burying my head in the sand, but because I want to concentrate on what is really being said by those in charge, not the talking heads pontificating.

I listen to Trudeau's daily morning press call and questions on the CBC radio. I may listen to the noon or 1 pm news on CBC radio. That's so I know what the government is really saying.

I watch whatever is said about the daily press conferences by Adrian Dix and Bonnie Henry for what the Minister of Health and Provincial Health Officer are really saying.

If I want to know more or clarify what they said, then I google for the official report.

Life is hard enough at the moment, without getting my head in knots trying to make sense of all the false rumours floating around.

Some stores are limiting number of customers entering the building, and marking distances to stand ...... OH found that Best Buy on Marine Drive was doing that last Friday.

Safeway/Sobeys say they are installing plexiglass shields for their cashiers as fast as possible.

BC Transit and Translink are installing shields for their drivers ASAP

Grocery store orders online are going to take longer from order to delivery, but I might well have to try even if it is not Safeway which doesn't deliver but Save-On-Foods which does. But it may well mean having to think what I need a week ahead instead of immediately!
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

I don't consider online groceries a viable option at this point, even order online and pick up isn't viable unless you can plan 1+ week in advance what you need and hope its in stock when your delivery day is to occur.

Was going to try Super Store order online and pick up, but not one slot available between now and April 4th which is as far as their website goes at the moment.

Amazon is basically useless for most grocery needs and everything seems out of stock for the next 2-4 weeks. At least everything I checked came up out of stock and their selection is pretty limited.

Save On's website seems to barely function at this point and can't even sign in, trying several times a day since Friday on 2 different computers.

Downside to Save On is their prices tend to be on the high side. But I only get this when trying their website.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 22nd 2020 at 9:57 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I don't consider online groceries a viable option at this point, even order online and pick up isn't viable
Same here in NZ at the moment J.
I've had to use online shop and delivery or click and pick up by MrBEVS for the past 6/8 weeks because of the ankle but those services are now overwhelmed. Goodness knows how you actually get a slot. You can't and I tried for both the towns near us.

What foods does Charlee eat . I can't remember. Dusty has a mix of raw , wet and a little bit of dry ( kibble)

The world is going to pot but folks still expect plumbers to be out there to fix their toilets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.