Coronavirus

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:14 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I'm thinking, in the next couple of months condos in Florida are going to hit rock bottom. It's has to decimate the southern part of the state.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
London Drugs CEO is confused about the toilet paper hoarding. He also notes they are seeing a huge increase in credit card use, but unsure if its because people are afraid to touch cash or if people are resorting to credit card because they lack cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Meanwhile other stores are insisting on no cash, only debit or credit card accepted.

OH found that at Best Buy on Thursday for a $14 bill that he would usually pay by cash, and at out Safeway/Sobeys yesterday on our weekly shop.

PLUS all the stores are refusing to accept customers' own bags .... you have to have their own plastic bags. AND London Drugs charged their usual 5c per bag. Neither Safeway not LD would allow OH to pack his own bags.

After all these years of trying to get rid of plastic!

Safeway/Sobeys had no toilet paper, large baking potatoes, tinned tomatoes, no fresh meat in the butcher department............... or eggs.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

BC Legislature is meeting on Monday for a one day session, looks like they plan to release their plans going forward and might be providing some additional assistance to those on disability, what that will be is anyone's guess.

"Details on a financial relief package for renters, low-income residents and those on disability will also be announced when the legislature meets for a one-day sitting on Monday."

https://globalnews.ca/news/6712482/c...sing-supports/

At-least the BC government is thinking of these things, because for the poorest and those on provincial disability the federal plan largely left these groups out.

There will be 10 members plus the Speaker and a Committee Chair present ...... that's a quorum. All parties have agreed to this, and members attending will be ones who can get there without having to fly.

The Feds are have a session of Parliament on Tuesday ...... similar deal. Only the minimum quorum of members plus the Speaker. I think their quorum is 20, all will be from ridings within driving range, and all parties have agreed to this.

I understand that all motions and laws put forward by the government in both cases will pass unopposed. That's great as most of the bills seem to be money-connected.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Meanwhile other stores are insisting on no cash, only debit or credit card accepted.

OH found that at Best Buy on Thursday for a $14 bill that he would usually pay by cash, and at out Safeway/Sobeys yesterday on our weekly shop.

PLUS all the stores are refusing to accept customers' own bags .... you have to have their own plastic bags. AND London Drugs charged their usual 5c per bag. Neither Safeway not LD would allow OH to pack his own bags.

After all these years of trying to get rid of plastic!

Safeway/Sobeys had no toilet paper, large baking potatoes, tinned tomatoes, no fresh meat in the butcher department............... or eggs.
People need to stop panic buying, but its hard as people see low stock, so they buy more and the cycle continues.

A lot of complaints online about Save On cancelling delivery orders or not being able fill them completely. Every time I tried the Save On website is crashes on me, Spud works but has no delivery days available and their prices are insanely high. Amazon has really nothing food wise.

I just don't want to go out as going out = higher chance of catching this thing, but eventually we will need to get some more food.

I did quickly go to a store yesterday to grab something and ffs why can't people stand back, 6 feet people, not 2 feet, and don't bring your entire family to the store, leave the kids at home.

In California in the area my mom lives, its 1 person per family rule in place for many of the grocery stores, no groups permitted, limiting how many can enter the store.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 22nd 2020 at 3:44 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 5:22 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

This virus stuff has magically reversed time. It has turned me back into a 16 year old going down the rec with a bottle of White Lightning.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 5:33 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
This virus stuff has magically reversed time. It has turned me back into a 16 year old going down the rec with a bottle of White Lightning.
White Lightning... cheap, a bit like me.

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:16 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
.............. or eggs.
Massive oversupply of eggs here, chickens keep churning them out, not going to work so can't sell them. Come and get a few dozen.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
when did you change your profile picture? Isn’t the world confusing enough at the moment?? Can’t we rely on anything anymore???
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

In California in the area my mom lives, its 1 person per family rule in place for many of the grocery stores, no groups permitted, limiting how many can enter the store.
My friend in Spain says they have this rule. And you can be fined 600euros if non compliant or found to be out with no good reason. Spain rapidly going downhill this week. Italy quite terrifying
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else have teenagers or young adults in the house who suffer from anxiety. My two have pretty much refused to watch the news in tv since they were in their mid teens. It’s was too depressing, and boring.

So I don’t know where they are getting their information now. Piecemeal via social media. I find myself having to feed news and facts, and guidelines to them in carefully worded texts so as not to freak them out but to get the seriousness of this across.

There would likely be a generation or two that simply don’t tune in to BBC or CBC or any other large national (reputable?) news outlet - and are still very slow to this party.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

State of emergency declared in Nova Scotia
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 3:55 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
My friend in Spain says they have this rule. And you can be fined 600euros if non compliant or found to be out with no good reason. Spain rapidly going downhill this week. Italy quite terrifying
We been told it will go away when it gets warmer, that’s BS as Spain isn’t exactly snow covered is it !!
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Some condo buildings in Toronto have put a ban on all deliveries apart from food and meds. So far ours has asked to restrict online ordering. My daughter has a 5 yr old at home and is trying to keep her occupied by ordering games, puzzles, crafts etc. Online school lessons begin this week...hopefully that will occupy her for a while each day.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 4:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
We been told it will go away when it gets warmer, that’s BS as Spain isn’t exactly snow covered is it !!
I don't know why some people keep saying the warmer weather will see this virus off. In the past month Australia's gone from 5 confirmed cases to 1,353. The fact is that there is no evidence that warm/hot weather will kill this bloody thing.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 4:11 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This is purely speculation and my gut feeling, but I feel as though BC is on the verge on implementing a full lock down, similar to Spain & Italy within the next few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.