Coronavirus

Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:25 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

All New Brunswick schools have been closed for a two week period and UNB and St. Thomas’s Uni have been closed too, until the end of the academic year, but will continue on line. There are no Jury trials going on in the court system either, and they are considering shutting the Provincial courts down. They are thinking of canceling the Marathon!

A rather sad thing I heard was that they might have to pull all of the lobster boats in (which is a very large economic factor to Atlantic Canada) because the Pacific Rim markets that normally buy our lobsters have collapsed.

Quite apart from whether you or I actually get this thing, the knock on financial and social effect of it is bloody appalling.

I cannot begin to grasp the idiocy of these toilet paper buyers How utterly stupid can people be?
Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:31 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No worries. Here's a fun thing. My client doesn't have the VPN bandwidth to support everyone working from home so there's a value ranking; if you're important you can work from home, if not then you can go in or not be paid. Obviously, I'll be going in and available for lunch any time (not if dead).
This is the concern with my employer as well. As a regular WFH guy I know when lots of others are doing the same as the VPN slows down. While our St John's office is still open, head office in London is now closed until further notice. So that's another 600 people working from home. Monday is going to be interesting!
Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF

I cannot begin to grasp the idiocy of these toilet paper buyers How utterly stupid can people be?
FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a DAZN monthly account, you can pause it until footy etc gets back to normal. Just paused mine. Opened the account solely for the English Premiership. Those that have an annual account are screwed. Some think a free month may be offered in compensation for annual subscribers.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
All New Brunswick schools have been closed for a two week period
It saves all the arguments over kids not being allowed in school according to whether it was them or parents who took trips abroad.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 1:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
This is the concern with my employer as well. As a regular WFH guy I know when lots of others are doing the same as the VPN slows down. While our St John's office is still open, head office in London is now closed until further notice. So that's another 600 people working from home. Monday is going to be interesting!
Ranking people for lay offs is not fun. What work are they doing now? Can the firm live without it for a while? If what they're doing isn't critical at this time and we lay them off, will we be able to get them back later or will they have gone elsewhere? How much does losing them matter? We've all weekend to work out who gets those work from home slots, who gets paid to do nothing and who starves. It's a hierarchy, of course, one ideally wants to be a senior employee of no value, so as to be well paid to not work at home; VP Recruitment might be the ideal job to have at this moment.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
If you have a DAZN monthly account, you can pause it until footy etc gets back to normal. Just paused mine. Opened the account solely for the English Premiership. Those that have an annual account are screwed. Some think a free month may be offered in compensation for annual subscribers.
Thanks...I paid for the year as it was cheaper that way. 99% of what I watch on it is the Premier League/Champions League/Europa League. The darts, rugby, cricket, tennis that they have don't hold much interest for me.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 3:05 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Jet 2 planes to Spain turned around in mid air today !!
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
This is pretty much every Costco in North America right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inqNSj3ZuGE

Just brain dead.

This virus hi lights the fact that a large percentage of the public are in fact just plain stupid. Sad.

Imagine if we had a real crisis.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Just brain dead.

This virus hi lights the fact that a large percentage of the public are in fact just plain stupid. Sad.

Imagine if we had a real crisis.
wow. judgemental much? I'm obviously one of those stupid sad people then - because I am at high risk. Forgive me for wanting to stay safe by not having to go shopping - or pretty much leave the house - for any reason... so have had to stock up on food to last 3-4 weeks, now that Covid -19 is in my City.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:34 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
wow. judgemental much? I'm obviously one of those stupid sad people then - because I am at high risk. Forgive me for wanting to stay safe by not having to go shopping - or pretty much leave the house - for any reason... so have had to stock up on food to last 3-4 weeks, now that Covid -19 is in my City.
so standing in line at a crowded store will help? Least you staying home now just keep eye on your temps and health S
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
so standing in line at a crowded store will help? Least you staying home now just keep eye on your temps and health S
Well DUH. That is WHY I am not going to go to a store again for the next few weeks... I stocked up so I don't have to!
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Nothing wrong with buying normal amounts of food, plus you have an underlying condition, so can appreciate you have a bigger concern than others.. Im more so referring to the toilet roll buyers..... don't get it, that is stupidity.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:00 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

My house is always overstocked, I lived in far too many places where you saw something edible on a shelf and it disappeared never to be seen again...so I always have enough tinned products to withstand a fairly long siege. A habit I have tried, but failed to break...but it never involved toilet roll...my husband says this is all a scam by the loo roll manufacturers...he might be right...
Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I normally keep a good supply of all sorts of things. Mum never ran out of things..always made sure she had a good supply of essentials and things we liked. I suppose that’s what living through WW2 did to her. A week ago I went shopping but only for bits and pieces. I have ordered some things to be delivered by Loblaws, sometime next week. Since Wednesday we have self isolated because I am at high risk, We go out several times a day for a walk by the lake, it is very quiet down there, but we keep our distance. We can also take a drive out somewhere and perhaps if it’s a very quiet location, get out and walk. Anything delivered will be sprayed best I can and stored in a downstairs room for several days, in the hope that any virus will be killed.

Our daughter arrived home from the UK last week. She is self isolating for 14 days along with her 5 yr old daughter. They live about 50 yards away. Just been stood chatting by her gate, while they stayed the other side of their patio door.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.