Coronavirus

Old Mar 12th 2020, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Is anyone considering cancelling or postponing travel to the UK or mainland Europe over the summer (July-August) period?

I'm still looking to go to Malta at the end of August however obviously don't want to put myself or anyone else at risk. Debating whether to book flights now (while the free changes/cancellations are in effect) or wait. Currently the Maltese government has forced quarantine on all those coming from Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, or Spain. Not sure how long measures like these will last.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

For me, the worst part is just no knowing what is going to happen in the next couple of months. I have a flight booked to go to the UK in May with British Airways, and I have no idea if BA are going to cancel it or not.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 5:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
For me, the worst part is just no knowing what is going to happen in the next couple of months. I have a flight booked to go to the UK in May with British Airways, and I have no idea if BA are going to cancel it or not.

I have a similar problem in that I was planning to go and see my mother in the UK along with family members who would travel from Switzerland, Vancouver and Afghanistan. We'll likely have to rearrange. No one ever wants to go to Vancouver and Switzerland is likely to be quarantined so, I suppose, we'll all have to go to Afghanistan. My mother will hate that, she didn't like Bulgaria because the brickwork was poorly pointed, Afghanistan will be architecturally even worse.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

College of Physicians and Surgeons in BC is calling recently retired doctors to see if any are willing and able to come out of retirement if the outbreak worsens.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...irus-1.5495275

Another small outbreak at a care home, one employee and one resident.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03...s-of-covid-19/

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 12th 2020 at 8:19 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

All Ontario public schools are closed until April 5th. The school my granddaughter goes to is also closed.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
All Ontario public schools are closed until April 5th. The school my granddaughter goes to is also closed.
Wonder what implications this will have on high school graduation. I have a sibling graduating this year.

Also the employment of EAs and other support staff. Their agreements aren't as strong as the teachers and they may stand to lose money over this.

Funny how the coronavirus has drowned out all this talk of the teachers strike.....
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Also worried about the impact on myself as closing public schools may result in closures of colleges and universities...I am a college student in a heavily practical-based program - distance learning may not be possible for us.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

All schools should probably be closed nationwide seems silly to keep schools open while at the same time being told to avoid gatherings and do social distancing but keep sending students to school everyday.

At least spring break is coming up, tomorrow is the last day of school in Vancouver for 2 weeks.

Based on how often kids and parents seem to be sick, I would say they are excellent places for a virus to spread.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 12th 2020 at 8:29 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Also worried about the impact on myself as closing public schools may result in closures of colleges and universities...I am a college student in a heavily practical-based program - distance learning may not be possible for us.
IMO it is more than a possibility...public and private schools, colleges and unis may not be open until The Fall. It will not be that long.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

IMO it is more than a possibility...public and private schools, colleges and unis may not be open until The Fall. It will not be that long.
I hope not. I'm supposed to graduate in Dec. and i've already been through the faculty strike in 2017. Just want to get out and be done so I can start the rest of my life now.

Theoretically they can do our labs remotely but they would have to give us remote access to the college network which politically is a minefield.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:33 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering if My daughter will be able to go to the festival she has prebooked in Vegas, followed by coming home for a week when my sister, niece her hubs and daughter and nephew, are due to be here. I am also wondering if events will be cancelled that we have planned, due to attempt to show a completely untrained puppy with an untrained human at the beginning of April. There has been a case in the Central zone of Alberta, probably Red Deer but could be anywhere in Central AB. I work Fast Food (lots of hand washing). Hubs said that all the service bookings for vehicles where he works were cancelled.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I am wondering if My daughter will be able to go to the festival she has prebooked in Vegas, followed by coming home for a week when my sister, niece her hubs and daughter and nephew, are due to be here. I am also wondering if events will be cancelled that we have planned, due to attempt to show a completely untrained puppy with an untrained human at the beginning of April. There has been a case in the Central zone of Alberta, probably Red Deer but could be anywhere in Central AB. I work Fast Food (lots of hand washing). Hubs said that all the service bookings for vehicles where he works were cancelled.
She may want to reconsider, the spread in the US is more widespread then is known because of lack of testing, and there has already been at least one case in Canada linked to travel to Las Vegas.

Old Mar 12th 2020, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so apparently there might be 10,000 cases of Coronavirus in the UK, close to Italy's 12,000. This contradicts the 500-or-so official documented cases released so far.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...ed/ar-BB116qc2

If that becomes the official number then I think flight cancellations to and from the UK are highly likely.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I have decided to cancel my trip to Florida next week. Numbers of infection getting higher in the US daily and that's just the number they know about, testing there being limited due to their health care system and slow response to the outbreak by the Administration. It's not so much while down there, it's getting there, train, airport, flight etc. That and my medical insurance won't cover me if I had to be admitted at a hospital down there as virus known before it was taken out. All that and my pre condition (asthma) which no longer bothers me but still there, and of course, my age. It's not going to get any better over the next few days, opposite will be the case....so calling it now.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 9:29 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
She may want to reconsider, the spread in the US is more widespread then is known because of lack of testing, and there has already been at least one case in Canada linked to travel to Las Vegas.
She may not have a choice! She is supposed to fly in May, you never know it might all be done by then, if any of us survive ;o lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.