British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   The confessional (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/confessional-905715/)

bats Nov 14th 2017 12:36 am

Re: The confessional

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 12381350)
I stayed home for 2 weeks, only had 2 glasses of wine and gained 6 lbs, it's worse than you think. :ohmy: Disregard my incredible excesses to make the comparison work.

You must have had more cheese than I did.

Piff Poff Nov 14th 2017 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12381463)
You need a good pair. You should also go to a proper running shop. Given your size and your needs they should select about five pairs to test out, even outside.

I went to the running room, I needed a zero lift pair mainly for squats and deadlifts. With a discount they were $170. The most I've ever spent, I usually get reeboks/Nike from winners:rofl: apparently I should be proud of my deadliest, already lifting 95lbs only been doing those bad boys for 6 weeks, my arms are still like noodles though:lol:

jerryhung Nov 14th 2017 3:44 am

I eat junk food whenever I like but so far it hasn't been too detrimental *evil grin*

Shard Nov 14th 2017 10:35 am

The diet for cheese lovers is Atkins, especially if you happen to be partial to bacon too.

Confesssional: I often leave various house lights on over night, not necessarily on purpose, just can't be faffed. Neighbors must think we're mad. At least some are on timers. Note to self: sort it out.

Almost Canadian Nov 14th 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff (Post 12381514)
I went to the running room, I needed a zero lift pair mainly for squats and deadlifts. With a discount they were $170. The most I've ever spent, I usually get reeboks/Nike from winners:rofl: apparently I should be proud of my deadliest, already lifting 95lbs only been doing those bad boys for 6 weeks, my arms are still like noodles though:lol:

Most powerlifters trained barefooted when I was into that sort of thing 20 or so years ago. Schwarzenegger can be seen squatting barefooted in Pumping Iron too.

Piff Poff Nov 14th 2017 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12381912)
Most powerlifters trained barefooted when I was into that sort of thing 20 or so years ago. Schwarzenegger can be seen squatting barefooted in Pumping Iron too.

Yeah, my trainer was getting me to take my trainers/runners off for squats but that was outlawed by the management, so now I have minimalist, zero rise or whatever they are shoes:rofl:

Howefamily Nov 15th 2017 12:14 pm

I cant keep out of the halloween candy. I just blew too much money Christmas shopping in Maine on a weekend away with a strict budget, just stopped caring.. right there.. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Jerseygirl Nov 15th 2017 12:30 pm

I’m a sugar addict. :o

I’m addicted to sugar. :o

I hear sugar voices calling my name. :o

There I’ve said it.

BristolUK Nov 15th 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12382587)

I hear sugar voices calling my name.

Maybe a name change is called for?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...6KU_AMQZFHVDI7

Shard Nov 15th 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12382587)

I hear sugar voices calling my name. :o

There I’ve said it.

Sugar, bad:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ack-diet-myths

Jerseygirl Nov 15th 2017 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12382675)

I know...but according to the ‘experts’ the things that are bad for you...next week it’s good for you. :rolleyes:

Everything in moderation...I do try to moderate my sugar intake by not buying chocolate, biscuits and cake...and my favourite...Grand Marier.

Shard Nov 15th 2017 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12382694)
I know...but according to the ‘experts’ the things that are bad for you...next week it’s good for you. :rolleyes:

Everything in moderation...I do try to moderate my sugar intake by not buying chocolate, biscuits and cake...and my favourite...Grand Marier.

Well, we can certainly make exceptions for GM.

jerryhung Nov 15th 2017 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12381711)
The diet for cheese lovers is Atkins, especially if you happen to be partial to bacon too.

Confesssional: I often leave various house lights on over night, not necessarily on purpose, just can't be faffed. Neighbors must think we're mad. At least some are on timers. Note to self: sort it out.

Apparently Atkins leads to bad body odor. I'm with JerseyGirl although JG watch this:

bats Nov 18th 2017 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12382694)

I was doing well previously with cutting out sugar but since I had that chocolate I've been eating junk again, cake this evening. Poutine at lunch. Must show some restraint!

Shard Nov 18th 2017 5:11 am

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12384631)
I was doing well previously with cutting out sugar but since I had that chocolate I've been eating junk again, cake this evening. Poutine at lunch. Must show some restraint!

That's because sugar is a drug. Switch to 75%+ cocoa chocolate.

Where did you have your poutine, and was it worth it? That's my Achilles heel.