British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   The confessional (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/confessional-905715/)

BristolUK Nov 11th 2017 2:00 pm

Re: The confessional

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12379518)
161g...pfffft!

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12379800)
The queasiness afterwards was a regret...

Yes, there's the difference. 161g normally little problem. But chocs with different centres...that's where the queasiness comes in. Like mixing your booze. :nod:

I thought it might encourage others to come forward with tales of bodies in the attic, skeletons in cupboards, drunken doings. And so on.

Can't think of much recent times. Does three jam donuts over 6 or 7 hours count?

Shard Nov 11th 2017 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12379829)
Yes, there's the difference. 161g normally little problem. But chocs with different centres...that's where the queasiness comes in. Like mixing your booze. :nod:

Can't think of much recent times. Does three jam donuts over 6 or 7 hours count?

1 jam donut over 3 months counts.

Siouxie Nov 11th 2017 3:17 pm

I thought it might encourage others to come forward with tales of bodies in the attic, skeletons in cupboards, drunken doings. And so on.

I'll bite :)

A couple of innocent ones...

When I was about 14 I belonged to a youth club where as well as the normal YC things, they had various outings during the week and live bands on Saturday nights. My Dad was quite strict and I was allowed to go out twice a week only (and home by 9.00).

All my friends were going on one of the organised trips and I wanted to go as well. My Dad said "No". On said day, I told him I was going to my friends house on the corner, stopping for tea and would be home about 8pm. Meanwhile, I snuck a skirt and some make up into a bag, went to her house and got changed and we both ran to the YC to get on the mini bus and go on the trip.

We had a lovely afternoon and evening but the traffic was heavy and we were late getting back. My friend went into her house and I was standing behind a bush in her front garden, hurriedly removing the make up and changing out of my skirt and back into my jeans (one leg in, hopping to get the other one in) when my Dad walked around the corner, looking for me.

Woops. :lol:

A similar thing happened when he told me I couldn't go to the YC one Saturday to see a band play a few months later.. I went to my friends house on the corner, put make up on, got changed and went anyway (I was a rebel, lol). Halfway through the evening my Dad walked onto the dance floor........ and marched me out. :o

BristolUK Nov 11th 2017 6:17 pm

Some time in the 80s (I think) I woke in the middle of the night to a rustling sound. I put the light on and there, on the floor, was a little furry thing. Not a mouse. Probably a hamster.

I tried to capture it but it ran out the door and into the bathroom. Further attempts didn't work and I couldn't face having it running around while I was trying to sleep and maybe the same thing happening repeatedly.

I whacked it. With the lavatory brush. At least it was quick with the stiff bristles.

In those old houses it may have been someone's pet getting under floorboards and up through mine. :(

Paul_Shepherd Nov 13th 2017 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12379506)
Today I ate a box of chocolates 161g worth. Thorntons. I was weak, and tired. I don't regret it yet.

Nothing wrong with comfort food if your weak and tired.....however continued indulgence will obviously have its down sides... since being laid off I have had quite the splurge on comfort eating, cheese is my achillies heel. :ohmy:

Generally I havent beem eating unhealthily though....just too much food, its a vicious circle as it lifts my spirits, then you think why did I eat that much!

I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. :thumbdown::(

Shard Nov 13th 2017 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 12381107)
Nothing wrong with comfort food if your weak and tired.....however continued indulgence will obviously have its down sides... since being laid off I have had quite the splurge on comfort eating, cheese is my achillies heel. :ohmy:

Generally I havent beem eating unhealthily though....just too much food, its a vicious circle as it lifts my spirits, then you think why did I eat that much!

Not ideal. Would a regular exercise routine and 'clean eating' be a possibility? That can lift spirits too.

Siouxie Nov 13th 2017 5:05 pm

Me too. 10 years ago I was a size 2.

It's not comfort eating for me, more sitting on my arse for 12+ hours a day at a computer and having to eat at weird times of the day. It's amazing how hungry you can get at 2am, when you've been working for 7 hours! (Cheese is my downfall too).

:)

Oink Nov 13th 2017 5:42 pm

You need a HID to impose a strict Stalinist 5 year plan. She's termed it The Great Burn. :(

Paul_Shepherd Nov 13th 2017 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12381112)
Not ideal. Would a regular exercise routine and 'clean eating' be a possibility? That can lift spirits too.

I try to do the gym three times a week, so it would be a lot worse if I didnt do that!

I dont eat unhealthily, junk food is something I only indulge in occasionly. I like cooking and get really into it and it takes my mind off stuff, but there are always left overs so my portion sizes are big and then there are seconds as it just too good. Its not what I eat, its the quantity.

Paul_Shepherd Nov 13th 2017 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12381176)
Me too. 10 years ago I was a size 2.

It's not comfort eating for me, more sitting on my arse for 12+ hours a day at a computer and having to eat at weird times of the day. It's amazing how hungry you can get at 2am, when you've been working for 7 hours! (Cheese is my downfall too).

:)

Yes some of it is down to boredom too.... and cheese is just too good! I am a real cheeseaholic! :ohmy:

Paul_Shepherd Nov 13th 2017 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12381204)
You need a HID to impose a strict Stalinist 5 year plan. She's termed it The Great Burn. :(

Yeah that would probaly work....Ive seen it put into action on unwilling victims.... they were thankful in the end though.

I drink considerably less too when there is a female on the scene!

Oink Nov 13th 2017 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 12381239)
I try to do the gym three times a week, so it would be a lot worse if I didnt do that!

I dont eat unhealthily, junk food is something I only indulge in occasionly. I like cooking and get really into it and it takes my mind off stuff, but there are always left overs so my portion sizes are big and then there are seconds as it just too good. Its not what I eat, its the quantity.

Need to get one of them digital food scales.

Oink Nov 13th 2017 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 12381244)
Yeah that would probaly work....Ive seen it put into action on unwilling victims.... they were thankful in the end though.

I drink considerably less too when there is a female on the scene!

Really? They have the opposite effect on me. :lol:

Jingsamichty Nov 13th 2017 6:36 pm

Likewise, I eat mostly very healthily, go to the gym 2-3 times a week... it's booze that's the killer for me.

Oink Nov 13th 2017 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12381249)
Likewise, I eat mostly very healthily, go to the gym 2-3 times a week... it's booze that's the killer for me.

Boozing is now restricted to HID's far too infrequent overseas trips, or if I can sneak the odd bottle of red down to the steam room of an evening.