Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Coming to Canada to find work?

Coming to Canada to find work?

Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:48 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coming to Canada to find work?

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/jo...ruary/eeca036b
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Canada to find work?

Yep, 14% is pretty bad ... better than the 25% figure in the UK ... But still not great.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Yep, 14% is pretty bad ... better than the 25% figure in the UK ... But still not great.
I don't see any reference to 14% in that article but did see something in the Gruan about there being a 25% unemployment rate among black youth in the UK. Should I infer that 14% of black youth are unemployed in Canada and, if so, what's the rate for the rest of the yuts?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't see any reference to 14% in that article but did see something in the Gruan about there being a 25% unemployment rate among black youth in the UK. Should I infer that 14% of black youth are unemployed in Canada and, if so, what's the rate for the rest of the yuts?
I think it was 50% or more. And I presume the phrase "available for work" excludes many of the rest, who are no doubt in jail.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...men-unemployed
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

14.7% overall rate in Canada and 25% overall in the UK I think (youth unemployment). But, mega problems in Ontario I think. All job losses last month in this province!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
14.7% overall rate in Canada and 25% overall in the UK I think (youth unemployment). But, mega problems in Ontario I think. All job losses last month in this province!
Ack, no worries, that'll be the children of immigrants who thought Canada was a different place. Get your kids into good schools by buying in the right place and/or lying about your religion and ethnicity and then bully them to work all the time, "beat them Chinese kids", and they'll avoid the scrap heap.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ack, no worries, that'll be the children of immigrants who thought Canada was a different place. Get your kids into good schools by buying in the right place and/or lying about your religion and ethnicity and then bully them to work all the time, "beat them Chinese kids", and they'll avoid the scrap heap.
There are a lot of "I am genuinely Catholic, look there's gay man over there. I say, he shouldn't have the right to get married ..." folks about here, for sure.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 5:26 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

The other side of the coin are the resource based provinces in the west (MB, SK, AB and northern BC) who are all actively recruiting skilled trades and professionals.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 5:54 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

CTV news just ran an item about our recruitment drive in Ireland. Premier Wall and a handdfull of businessmen just got back from hiring 275 new Saskatchewanians. He said so many people were lined up for interviews they had to close the gates. He said one couple he saw was so surprised that the man was hired on the spot that ‘Her knees buckled, and his eyes filled with tears.‘ If we‘re going to bring in another 20,000 just to cope with the immediate shortage it makes sense to go hunting there.