Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

collecting pets at Vancouver airport?

Wikiposts

collecting pets at Vancouver airport?

Old May 29th 2012, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: collecting pets at Vancouver airport?

Originally Posted by lisanatalie
Hi Glynis,
There wasn't a vet check for us, he didn't really look at her, just took the DEFRA certificate and stamped it and told me to go a couple of windows down to the cashier to pay the fee. I was expecting a lot more since Air Transat didn't look at any paper work at all when we checked her in.

We didn't take her out until we left the airport and I don't think we could do that until we had been through the landing process.

I can't comment on how long it normally takes but we were out of the airport around three hours after landing. The guy at immigration said it was a busy day so the wait would be long. There were about 12 people in the queue in front of us and only 2 immigration officers working (that may help you gauge the wait time when you get there?!?).

We stayed in Vancouver so I can't help with connecting flights I'm afraid.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you!
Lisa
many thanks Lisa x