British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Coffee Art (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/coffee-art-549657/)

bluemoon1 Jul 17th 2008 6:54 pm

Coffee Art

5 Attachment(s)
Apparently there are a couple of coffee houses in Vancouver that serve these wonderful creations - cool!Attachment 70183

Attachment 70184

Attachment 70185

Attachment 70186

Attachment 70187

nikki dreaming Jul 17th 2008 6:55 pm

Re: Coffee Art

very cool:cool:

wish I liked coffee:D not gonna work with t:thumbdown:

bluemoon1 Jul 17th 2008 6:56 pm

:rofl:

ireland2canada Jul 17th 2008 8:10 pm

They are lovely!
I would however feel a bit guilty slurping away at it after someone has made it so nice.

mandymoochops Jul 18th 2008 12:51 am

probably be stone cold by the time they've rolf harris'd it - good though!

bluemoon1 Jul 18th 2008 6:28 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 6583341)
probably be stone cold by the time they've rolf harris'd it - good though!

True - never thought of that:rofl:

Apolgies everyone BTW for duplicate posting of the pics - I didn't really know what I was doing!!!!

Biiiiink Jul 18th 2008 2:05 pm

There's a video of it here. I don't get what the "base" is - before they put in the milk, it looks thick and frothed too. I have a decent machine though, will try later and see if it works :eek:

Frank'n Sense Jul 18th 2008 4:55 pm

[QUOTE=Biiiiink;6585036]There's a video of it here. I don't get what the "base" is - before they put in the milk, it looks thick and frothed too. I have a decent machine though, will try later and see if it works :eek:

QUOTE]
The base is coffee. When it is poured right you get a crema that looks almost like there's milk in it already. One of my favourite coffee shops in North Vancouver, Citroen, has to tell customers that they are getting an americano as so many people think it is a latte. His latte art is not as good as some of the earlier examples - odd since the owner is an artist.

Best latte art that I have seen is in Caffe Artigiano (various branches), 49th parallel and Crema (West Vancouver).

Now, I need my next coffee. ;)

Warmly,

Frank

Biiiiink Jul 18th 2008 4:59 pm

Ahh, thanks Frank. I tried it with a latte base and cappuccino foam on top, it kind of worked but the colour I was bringing through was so pale it was hardly noticeable. Also my froth was too bubbly, maybe I should stir it first or something? I get a great crema from my machine, especially with the nozzles down low, so will give it another go with plain espresso! (yep, too much time on my hands :thumbup: )

Cassie 10000 Jul 18th 2008 5:25 pm

Coffee Pot is going to love this thread.

Biiiiink Jul 18th 2008 5:42 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Err... still no good. Let's call this one "dying hedgehog in a cup" or something :D

Cassie 10000 Jul 18th 2008 5:47 pm

:lol: Good name for the coffee Biiiiink

bazzz Jul 18th 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6585744)
Err... still no good. Let's call this one "dying hedgehog in a cup" or something :D

Looks like Sarlacc to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarlacc...opular_culture

Coffeepot Jul 18th 2008 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000 (Post 6585665)
Coffee Pot is going to love this thread.

Oh yes i do, it looks fab :thumbsup: wonder if i can do some of these, video is great as well Biiiiink like the hedgehog, keep practicing ;)

AmyDavid Jul 18th 2008 9:33 pm

Great work Biiiiink! I think it looks like a puffer fish...if you squint whilst looking at it... :)