British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Clever yet deceptive packaging (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/clever-yet-deceptive-packaging-762431/)

FirstRatofftheShipUK Jun 21st 2012 3:18 pm

Clever yet deceptive packaging

So, just opened a fresh packet of Fox's Raspberry & Cream 'Viennese', 120g.

To my horror it appears that although the external packaging appears to have remained the same in size, there have been deceptive internal changes afoot.

Yes - the tray is still 2 x biscuit deep but some clever fiend engineer has turned the inserts some 45 Degrees. This cunning plan accomplishes a significant reduction of the 10 x biscuits volume total, as in the original tray that adopts the traditional, straight axis model, to a distasteful 8 - shocking!

Same price - piracy I say!

Any other examples to trump this blatant example of sheer corporate shareholder conspiracy welcomed.

FROTSUK

el_richo Jun 21st 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Clever yet deceptive packaging

I recently bought a new Maserati GranTurismo and the knob head of a salesman only filled the car up 3/4 instead of completely full as promised :thumbdown:

Almost Canadian Jun 21st 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 10131212)
I recently bought a new Maserati GranTurismo and the knob head of a salesman only filled the car up 3/4 instead of completely full as promised :thumbdown:

Do PS3 driving games offer such detail?;)

el_richo Jun 21st 2012 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 10131244)
Do PS3 driving games offer such detail?;)

You mock, but here's a picture of me and the car 2 minutes after delivery. They also delivered the wrong model and colour too. :thumbdown:

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-conte...gt-300x225.jpg

Former Lancastrian Jun 21st 2012 4:15 pm

Does BC require a front licence plate and if so arent you also missing the front licence plate holder? Although being the wrong model and colour it doesnt matter as they will send you the correct one.

el_richo Jun 21st 2012 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10131302)
Does BC require a front licence plate and if so arent you also missing the front licence plate holder? Although being the wrong model and colour it doesnt matter as they will send you the correct one.

That was another thing they forgot. Last time i use that company, i can tell you :thumbdown:

magnumpi Jun 21st 2012 4:22 pm

Let's get back on topic guys ehh

Well Yeh I have had, or should I say, been conned into something by false advertising. THIS THREAD !!!!

It has a fancy shiny star rating, and when I opened it up, it's crap. Duhh!

el_richo Jun 21st 2012 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 10131314)

Well Yeh I have had, or should I say, been conned into something by false advertising. THIS THREAD !!!!

It has a four star rating, and when I opened it up, it's crap. Duhh!

Looking at the rating, you'll notice it has 1 star out of 5.

I was bought a twix the other day while i waited at the airport. I'm happy to say it looked the same size as i'd seen in the UK :thumbup:

magnumpi Jun 21st 2012 4:39 pm

Oops Yeh I see. Looks like four on fone.

One means terrible Fred.

My bad.

FirstRatofftheShipUK Jun 21st 2012 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 10131314)

It has a fancy shiny star rating, and when I opened it up, it's crap. Duhh!

Believe it or not we are not here to simply entertain you...try going to a Stripper next time if you want tassels with your t*ts!:lol:

FROTSUK

magnumpi Jun 21st 2012 4:43 pm

Ok I will

MPILIA