Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Christmas gifts- shopping

Christmas gifts- shopping

Old Nov 26th 2015, 11:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas gifts- shopping

As we're approaching Black Friday I was wondering if anyone is buying or wishing for anything in particular? I realize we're all adults and can probably buy what we want, whenever we want, but Christmas is an opportunity to splurge on something that you might otherwise not purchase.

For me, its probably some sort of electronic gadget, good wireless head phones or one them smart watches. If I had a pet I'd get something radio controlled to torment it, but I really want is an electric razor type scooter but I'm not too sure of the legality of them plus I'd look a bit of tit on one plus I'm sure if they go up hills.

HID will probably want some posh handbag to go with the other 100 or so that sit at the back of the bedroom cupboard. She's the only one I buy anything particular for everyone else just gets various bottles of booze varying on price if I like them or not.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 3:26 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas gifts- shopping

Originally Posted by Oink
As we're approaching Black Friday I was wondering if anyone is buying or wishing for anything in particular? I realize we're all adults and can probably buy what we want, whenever we want, but Christmas is an opportunity to splurge on something that you might otherwise not purchase.

For me, its probably some sort of electronic gadget, good wireless head phones or one them smart watches. If I had a pet I'd get something radio controlled to torment it, but I really want is an electric razor type scooter but I'm not too sure of the legality of them plus I'd look a bit of tit on one plus I'm sure if they go up hills.

HID will probably want some posh handbag to go with the other 100 or so that sit at the back of the bedroom cupboard. She's the only one I buy anything particular for everyone else just gets various bottles of booze varying on price if I like them or not.
I'll have one of these please to help me home from the pub.

Old Nov 27th 2015, 11:58 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Not planning to buy on Black Friday specifically but I'm after the new Apple TV for Christmas to pair with the newish bigscreen in the basement. Having gone apple in our house one has to keep within the ecosystem. Added benefit of the new version is that I can sneak a games console into the house without the Mrs noticing...
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:30 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Not planning to buy on Black Friday specifically but I'm after the new Apple TV for Christmas to pair with the newish bigscreen in the basement. Having gone apple in our house one has to keep within the ecosystem. Added benefit of the new version is that I can sneak a games console into the house without the Mrs noticing...
Nice one. Funnily enough a few months ago HID came home with a Xbox under her arm. After showing absolutely no interest in gaming ever, a friend of hers was apparently was banging on about how great the fitness and dance games were. So after suffering a bit of new gen envy it was a result for me.

Although I'd of thought moving our stupid coffee table was exercise enough for her.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 10:25 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Well if money were no object, sadly not the case, I would put a kick-ass mountain bike on the list or perhaps a brand new Mac. Since that's not going to happen, a book or sweater will more than satisfy my prezzie desires.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 12:39 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta be fair I need nothing, but, I have been looking at a new harness for work

Boring twat.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 2:20 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

So I want an easy life, no shopping, buying online would be nice - Snoopdawg- knowing that she is a serious Apple whore, I asked her " How about an Iwatch for Christmas?" thinking that this wouldn't be do traumatic for me - about 400$ish- her response? "I like the Design collection, they do one which matches my new Rose Gold IPhone" yeh right- in yer dreams Snoop, $22000- ok, back to the drawing board
Old Nov 28th 2015, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
So I want an easy life, no shopping, buying online would be nice - Snoopdawg- knowing that she is a serious Apple whore, I asked her " How about an Iwatch for Christmas?" thinking that this wouldn't be do traumatic for me - about 400$ish- her response? "I like the Design collection, they do one which matches my new Rose Gold IPhone" yeh right- in yer dreams Snoop, $22000- ok, back to the drawing board
She must be worth it .... for putting up with you!!
Old Nov 28th 2015, 3:56 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
She must be worth it .... for putting up with you!!
Tootle- how very dare you!! She know she is truly blessed with such an amazing leader of our little pack
Old Nov 28th 2015, 4:14 am

I was looking at getting one of these and you're right they are $400. They're still cheaper than a new reel.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 4:34 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
I was looking at getting one of these and you're right they are $400. They're still cheaper than a new reel.
Damn!
I was heading down to Surplus Herbies to get her interested in an alternative hobby, fishing instead of collecting Apples- there goes that plan
Old Nov 28th 2015, 7:02 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

What's the benefit of an iWatch when you'll have a smartphone with you anyway?
Old Nov 28th 2015, 7:12 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Shard
What's the benefit of an iWatch when you'll have a smartphone with you anyway?
I have to admit, that is a question that I ask myself as well. l bet there again I don't worship at the Church of Apple. It was my idea so that I could order online and avoid having to physically go shopping something that I would rather avoid like the plague. In the UK I managed to buy everything I wanted online, sadly , no chance here

I'm still going to try and entice her with some fishing gear- I'm not sure that she will take the bait though

I wonder whether, looking at your question again whether you should have substituted the word smartphone for iPhone- I'm not sure any sane person with a Samsung/ LG etc would genuinely consider one. We are probably wearing a Fibit instead!
Old Nov 28th 2015, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If Santa really existed, this is my dream present, won't happen this year, but
it's such a nice aquarium and perfect for a nano reef.

*Doesn't come with the animals shown in the photo obviously.*

Pricey though.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 8:30 am
Yo

I wonder whether, looking at your question again whether you should have substituted the word smartphone for iPhone- I'm not sure any sane person with a Samsung/ LG etc would genuinely consider one. We are probably wearing a Fibit instead!
I did actually consider the smartphone/iPhone conundrum when writing my post. I opted for smartphone so as not to alienate the lesser beings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.