British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Chisel your way out of your ice caves, Spring is finally here! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/chisel-your-way-out-your-ice-caves-spring-finally-here-911872/)

Steve_ Apr 18th 2018 9:34 pm

Chisel your way out of your ice caves, Spring is finally here!

About frigging time.

Piff Poff Apr 18th 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Chisel your way out of your ice caves, Spring is finally here!

Don't frighten it away again! Sheesh!

caretaker Apr 19th 2018 12:14 am

It's nice out, I think I'll leave it out. :o

bats Apr 19th 2018 12:22 am

How can we tell?

MillieF Apr 19th 2018 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ (Post 12484611)
About frigging time.

I love you Steve :wub: ! Why didn't you say this 3 weeks ago.? We have snow forecast for Friday...you won't let me down will you? It's finished now? :o

Oink Apr 19th 2018 2:04 am

It’s going to be 26-27c in the south east of England for the rest of the week. But it’s the adventure that counts.

Teaandtoday5 Apr 19th 2018 12:44 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure I can see it from here.

Oakvillian Apr 19th 2018 1:18 pm

A couple of colleagues and I just popped down the road for a coffee. There are crews out putting up the decking for the sidewalk patios on the stretch of Lakeshore Rd in Port Credit where I work (they extend the sidewalk onto the roadside parking bays to make more room for restaurants and bars to spill out into the great outdoors). We stopped to have a chat with one of the crews, whose foreman has been doing this for many years. This is the first time he can ever remember having to shovel snow to clear the space to put up the decking.

Jingsamichty Apr 19th 2018 1:41 pm

I went to work in just shirt sleeves today. Trousers too, I hasten to add. It's a beautiful, hot and sunny day here, we're at 25 degC. I think I'll sit on my balcony with a nice cold beer this evening and watch the frauleins jogging along the river promenade.

Oh how I miss Fort McMurray camp life. :rofl:

Shard Apr 19th 2018 4:27 pm

Spring? Summer over this way...

UK temperatures top 29C in hottest April day since 1949 - BBC News

Siouxie Apr 23rd 2018 3:42 am

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 12484677)
It's nice out, I think I'll leave it out. :o

That took me back! Oldie but goodie!
"Hey Bert, nice out isn't it?" -
"Aye it is - but put it away, there's a policeman coming!"

:hehe:

scrubbedexpat091 Apr 23rd 2018 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12485164)

That is the only reason I dislike summer, hot days like that. I hope we have limited over 25C days this summer here, anything over that and working outdoors sucks....:thumbdown:

I would say 23C is about the perfect temp, to me anyhow.

MarkG Apr 23rd 2018 6:56 pm

Wore trainers to work today, instead of boots. So long since I did that that I'd forgotten where I put them and had to hunt through the closets to find them.

Shard Apr 23rd 2018 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12487591)
That is the only reason I dislike summer, hot days like that. I hope we have limited over 25C days this summer here, anything over that and working outdoors sucks....:thumbdown:

I would say 23C is about the perfect temp, to me anyhow.

23C is a great temp, very comfortable, etc, but I like the heat too! 30-35-38 no problem, ship it in ! Especially evenings where it's high 20's (not in the UK, obviously).

We're back down to high teens, I would lament that "summer is over" but given that it's only April, can't really complain. It was a brilliant week.

scrubbedexpat091 Apr 23rd 2018 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12487715)
23C is a great temp, very comfortable, etc, but I like the heat too! 30-35-38 no problem, ship it in ! Especially evenings where it's high 20's (not in the UK, obviously).

We're back down to high teens, I would lament that "summer is over" but given that it's only April, can't really complain. It was a brilliant week.

I have never been a fan of heat, gives me headaches, zaps energy and overall not pleasant.

My wife on the other hand loves heat, she would keep the apartment at 30 all winter if she could... :lol: