Child's Play

Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child's Play

This article was posted on another board. I don't think and sincerely hope it will never get this bad in Canada. I just wondered what others think about the situation in the UK - assuming this article is correct and it sounds like it is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ftchild126.xml
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child's Play

Originally Posted by Purley
This article was posted on another board. I don't think and sincerely hope it will never get this bad in Canada. I just wondered what others think about the situation in the UK - assuming this article is correct and it sounds like it is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ftchild126.xml
This is nothing new I'm afraid. When our daughter was 5 she had a school trip to the beach and was given a list of stuff to bring including a sun hat, sun block etc. So before school I covered her in sun block as she is fair haired and fair skinned and told her that at lunch time she needed to do it all again. I knew she would as she had done it before when out with family.

I get back to work to find her back badly burnt from the sun (nowhere else) I asked if she had put on the sun block as I had told her. 'yes' ashe had but could not reach her back and the teachers refused to help her.

I complained to the school who told me that they can not touch the kids incase it is viewed as a sexual touch:curse: I then commented that as I was only 10 minutes down the road why did they not say so or call me and I would have come down and done it!!

She was left with bad markings on her back for 2 to 3 years after that.

Its a sad fact about looking after kids!!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:33 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

.The cricket team i play for run 3 youth teams all organised by senior players.
We have been advised that when giving lifts to away games we shouldn't have one adult alone with a car full of kids.so we have to find double the volunteers.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

things are just going to far.
i heard of someone who got a 3D scan done of there baby and they could only get pictures of the babies face for child protection reasons.

the thing is although people are putting these policies in place when it comes to reporting abuse or neglect nothing is being done about it. i ran my own nursery and reported various things to social work. not a thing was done about it.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:00 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Frankly if I am not welcome at my children's activity then she doesn't go. I don't give my credit card to anyone where I can't see what is being done with it...why should I treat my child with any less respect and care?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:05 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arrona
things are just going to far.
Oh, but there are such hard core offenders hidden out there
http://www.birminghampost.net/news/w...5233-20855228/

I'm all for child protection but things seem to have got a little out of hand in some cases.

Even in Canada there is suspicion though. I recently heard (admittedly about third hand) about a young man who was walking his kid sister to an after-school activity. A concerned citizen pulled her car over over and demanded an explanation of what exactly he was doing.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by acer rose

I'm all for child protection but things seem to have got a little out of hand in some cases.

Even in Canada there is suspicion though. I recently heard (admittedly about third hand) about a young man who was walking his kid sister to an after-school activity. A concerned citizen pulled her car over over and demanded an explanation of what exactly he was doing.
thats awful.
but the same people setting child protection rules placed registered peds accross from a school in my home town in scotland.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:31 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acer rose

Rod licence? Nudge, nudge. Wink wink.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Rod licence? Nudge, nudge. Wink wink.