Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Charleston Church Massacre

Charleston Church Massacre

Old Jun 19th 2015, 2:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charleston Church Massacre

The NRA will say that if a bunch of people in the congregation had been carrying their guns they could have shot Roof down and saved many lives. After the Sandy Hook school massacre Obama called for assault rifle legislation saying the time had come and now it should be obvious to everyone how destructive gun culture can be and he was soundly defeated on the same logic. This was a hate crime and I see eliminating hatred to be the solution. Execute him rather than sending him to the pen where the Aryan Brotherhood can protect him. There is no doubt he did it, everyone saw him. Whether or not you approve of the death penalty you don't get the same guy twice.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 2:59 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

He will no doubt push for the crazy guy route and just get hospitalised then out in a few years cured of his madness
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
He will no doubt push for the crazy guy route and just get hospitalised then out in a few years cured of his madness
In Canada that dog would hunt just because it's a high profile case, not in Dixie. Prisons on both sides of the border are full of crazy people. Look at at Jeffy Dahmer, kidnaps people, eats them, disolves his leftovers in vats of acid, goes through an extensive hearing process to determine whether he's sane enough to stand trial then gets convicted and jailed. Slipped in the shower and fell on a broken broomstick which spitted him from the bottom end and died of internal injuries and blood loss.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:20 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Jeffrey Dahmer's killer explains why he did it - CNN.com
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I stand corrected; the broomstick story is far more colourfull and was bound to travel further and faster. I doubt that any serving inmate wants to share their time with the likes of a Clifford Olson or Charles Manson and that's why we have Special Handling Units and Segregation wings in penetentiaries. It's also unfair imo to expect someone who is already paying their debt to society via the system we set up for that purpose to be housed with them or to carry out a sentence the government isn't willing to. Put Roof in general population and he'll have crosshairs on him and nobody should get extra time for removing him but that's what will happen. Leave him the capability to speak and he will use it to further his agenda like Anders Breivik in Norway.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

What purpose would the death penalty serve?

Would not have been a deterrent.
The culprit likely has mental health issues.

Please explain.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

If he is truly cured, isnt that a good thing?
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jericho79
If he is truly cured, isnt that a good thing?
Oh dear ! u actually have an argument to keep this guy alive? Please elaborate
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear ! u actually have an argument to keep this guy alive? Please elaborate
Generally, people who commit these crimes are mentally ill- suffering from insanity or other kinds of mental illness.

What purpose does it serve to kill the mentally sick?
It doesn't act as a deterrent.

I think if you're going to kill someone, the onus should be on YOU to argue why it's justified.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:01 pm

What makes us all think that just because he wanted to kill people he is mental, maybe it was Because he is a racist? Then what, a terrorist racist killing is what it is. He drove over 100 miles, sat with them for an hour then shot them. That is a calculated massacre not the actions of a mental person IMO
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:07 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

What makes us all think that just because he wanted to kill people he is mental, maybe it was Because he is a racist? Then what, a terrorist racist killing is what it is. He drove over 100 miles, sat with them for an hour then shot them. That is a calculated massacre not the actions of a mental person IMO
So you're suggesting it's an act of a sane, logically minded individual?
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:10 pm

Almost, more like a cold blooded killer with a plan.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

So how about, rather than scream "death penalty" before knowing the facts, we wait to see what the professional doctors and psychotherapists have to say?

Generally, sane people do not commit acts like this. They just dont. It's behaviour of someone who is mentally ill.

Killing people in an act of self defence, or act of passion, etc? Sure.
Random slaughter? Nope- doesn't really happen with sane people.

But still, I ask you. What benefit would the death penalty serve?
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:25 pm

It's not a "random slaughter" is it though, it's a racist statement

To answer your question if he was executed then he would most likely not randomly slaughter any more random black people would he.

Can you be 100% that when he says "hey I quite like blacks now let me out of here" he won't just drive to the nearest church and shoot it up?

I'm sorry but you can't just go blame the mentally ill for things like this !!

Last edited by magnumpi; Jun 19th 2015 at 5:27 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's not a "random slaughter" is it though, it's a racist statement

To answer your question if he was executed then he would most likely not randomly slaughter any more random black people would he.

Can you be 100% that when he says "hey I quite like blacks now let me out of here" he won't just drive to the nearest church and shoot it up?
It's random in so far as he chose random black people in a church. They weren't chosen for any particular reason apart from being black,

If he got life in prison, he wouldn't be able to commit any further crimes. The benefit being that he could potentially be rehabilitated (primary purpose of prison) in the future, if it is found he was criminally responsible for the crime.

If he's found insane, he's eligible for mental health treatment, and kept away from the public indefinitely (if not cured) or until he's healthy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.