Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Croakers 2021

Celebrity Croakers 2021

Old Sep 19th 2021, 2:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity Croakers 2021

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
RIP 'Boycie', John Challis, 79
Bugger
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 9:48 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

RIP
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 10:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Robert Fyfe, Howard in 'Last of the Summer Wine' aged 90, just a few weeks after his wife died, best known for LoTSW, he appeared in several TV series including Corrie. Best known for trying to creep off with Marina and avoiding Pearl in LoTSW, both actors playing these died in 2019. https://uk.yahoo.com/news/last-summe...192458079.html
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be more and more pancreatic cancer deaths in the news, one the scariest cancers out there, for most its silent killer, growing in secret, by the time the body shows signs and symptoms its too late for most, and there is as far as I know no real screening measures for it, and 5 year survival rate is so low most will never see it.

Pancreatic along with lung cancer need massive increase in research funding, both are not funded very well and don't get the same level of fundraising money as other cancers do.

He died too young.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Seems to be more and more pancreatic cancer deaths in the news, one the scariest cancers out there, for most its silent killer, growing in secret, by the time the body shows signs and symptoms its too late for most, and there is as far as I know no real screening measures for it, and 5 year survival rate is so low most will never see it.
My father died of it at the age of 32. Diagnosed a few weeks before he died.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My father died of it at the age of 32. Diagnosed a few weeks before he died.
It's unfortunate so many die early from it, and often as your dad just a few weeks or a couple months after diagnoses, 5 year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 5% to 10%, its still pretty much a death sentence with little chance of recovery, and most who make it 5 years had the fortunate luck of it being caught early, most are already stage 4 by the time symptoms appear.

My $100/yr doesn't go very far, but I try to help funding in my tiny miniscule way for it.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My brother-in-law in the UK was diagnosed with bowel cancer, his surgeon said he'd almost certainly be ok after having a bowel resection. When he went into hospital for the bowel surgery they discovered he also had pancreatic cancer which was inoperable. So he didn't have his bowel surgery and died 6 months later. He was older than Willie Garson though, 69.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My brother-in-law in the UK was diagnosed with bowel cancer, his surgeon said he'd almost certainly be ok after having a bowel resection. When he went into hospital for the bowel surgery they discovered he also had pancreatic cancer which was inoperable. So he didn't have his bowel surgery and died 6 months later. He was older than Willie Garson though, 69.
Oh man that is horrible, thinking one thing when your going under, than waking up and learning of another even worse thing.

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oh man that is horrible, thinking one thing when your going under, than waking up and learning of another even worse thing.
OK guys My MRI next week is for my Pancreas because the surgeon and radiologist found a cystic area on the left side of my pancreas on my last Cat Scan and that is why it needs to be checked out before my bowel resection. I am slightly freaking out about it but am convincing myself it is just a small benign cyst
Old Sep 24th 2021, 2:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Like that bloke who came to only to discover they removed the wrong leg.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 9:09 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Lionel Blair, butt of a thousand jokes on ISIHAC dies at 92. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...ustom2=twitter

Old Nov 4th 2021, 11:19 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Lionel Blair, butt of a thousand jokes on ISIHAC dies at 92. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...ustom2=twitter

https://youtu.be/1wTR03jlQ8M
I thought he had died years ago. Shows you how wrong I was :S
Old Nov 5th 2021, 12:12 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I thought he had died years ago. Shows you how wrong I was :S
That was just his career
Old Nov 10th 2021, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Dean Stockwell dies at 85, known for Quantum Leap, “A Long Day’s Journey Into Night” in 1962 and “Blue Velvet” in 1986 and some 200 other credits to his name, as a child he appeared next to some of the big stars of the day such as Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra in “Anchors Aweigh” in 1945.

He had an on and off relationship with show business at times taking years off from it at times to work on railroads and in real estate with several career revivals, born to parents in show business his father, Harry Stockwell, and his mother, Elizabeth Veronica.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/a...well-dead.html

If you don't know his name, you may recognize his look, and apparently known to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood.

Old Nov 11th 2021, 12:19 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Dean Stockwell dies at 85, known for Quantum Leap, “A Long Day’s Journey Into Night” in 1962 and “Blue Velvet” in 1986 and some 200 other credits to his name, as a child he appeared next to some of the big stars of the day such as Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra in “Anchors Aweigh” in 1945.

He had an on and off relationship with show business at times taking years off from it at times to work on railroads and in real estate with several career revivals, born to parents in show business his father, Harry Stockwell, and his mother, Elizabeth Veronica.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/a...well-dead.html

If you don't know his name, you may recognize his look, and apparently known to be one of the nicest people in Hollywood.
Ah bugger. He was great as Doctor Wellington Yueh in Dune, plus of course lots of other roles too. Bar Dune, I mainly remember him in Quantum Leap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.