Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Croakers 2021

Celebrity Croakers 2021

Old Aug 31st 2021, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity Croakers 2021

Geronimo the Alpaca.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 4:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah Harding, aged 39, singer with 'Girls Aloud' from Breast Cancer. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58456170
Old Sep 8th 2021, 1:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Geronimo the Alpaca.
Now proved to be MURDER as a PM has shown Geronimo did NOT have TB, the tests were wrong, as DEFRA had be told many times that the test on Alpacas was NOT reliable. I truly hope they get sued for this.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 1:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Now proved to be MURDER as a PM has shown Geronimo did NOT have TB, the tests were wrong, as DEFRA had be told many times that the test on Alpacas was NOT reliable. I truly hope they get sued for this.
Bastards
Old Sep 14th 2021, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Norm Macdonald dead at 61

Canadian-born comedian who went on to SNL in the early 1990's and into various movies.

He had cancer at the time of his death.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...dies-1.6175474

Old Sep 14th 2021, 7:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Norm Macdonald dead at 61
Far too young. I think he was one of the original players on Codco, which begat Kids in the Hall way back when.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Far too young. I think he was one of the original players on Codco, which begat Kids in the Hall way back when.
I always like style of comedy, seems he had been battling cancer for the last 9 years, and largely kept it to himself, Deadline article says he didn't even tell most of this family and friends about it.

He was still scheduling things for later this year, so seems maybe it turned quickly on him.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Alec Trebek last year, he was working up to a short time before his death, what ended up being his last show wasn't scheduled to be his last show, he just went downhill fast, my great grandmother on my mom's side had stomach cancer in her late 80's, she opted out of treating it as she was old and treatment wouldn't do much for her, but she did all her daily things up until 3 days before she died, like a switch flicked on inside, one day awake and doing NYT cross word puzzle, the next day unconscious never to wake again.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 8:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

my great grandmother on my mom's side had stomach cancer in her late 80's, she opted out of treating it as she was old and treatment wouldn't do much for her, but she did all her daily things up until 3 days before she died, like a switch flicked on inside, one day awake and doing NYT cross word puzzle, the next day unconscious never to wake again.
That's a pretty good way to go, I suppose. I've seen some tough people die and they go hard. There was a man here who ran a nice cafe, was probably in business for 40 years or more, and one evening not long after they retired he was sitting with his wife watching the news, and he turned to her and said "Sue, I think I'm dying." and he did, right then. Mike always was efficient. Every morning I check my email and look at the obituaries before I look at BE. The obits are like facebook for old people. Because this is a relatively small city I often know someone or I know their family.

Old Sep 14th 2021, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
That's a pretty good way to go, I suppose. I've seen some tough people die and they go hard. There was a man here who ran a nice cafe, was probably in business for 40 years or more, and one evening not long after they retired he was sitting with his wife watching the news, and he turned to her and said "Sue, I think I'm dying." and he did, right then. Mike always was efficient. Every morning I check my email and look at the obituaries before I look at BE. The obits are like facebook for old people. Because this is a relatively small city I often know someone or I know their family.
I've read accounts from surviving spouses before about similiar, their spouse was there, and died mid sentence in a conversation. When something major goes inside the body, there isn't much we can do and lights go out.

I would if given a choice much prefer the quick end like Mike there, no suffering, just gone. I don't fear death so much, but I fear a long painful death, I have seen one too many relatives who were gone long before they actually died, but their last 1-3 years was suffering.

When print newspaper was still common and I subscribed to it, I read the obit's, no idea why as its very unlikely I would ever know anyone, but I liked to read about peoples lives, and some were quirky and some even a bit comedic, they also give some insight to how different people, families etc deal and view with death, there are the they are in heaven in peace types, then there are the Joe died, joe had 4 kids and a wife, short and sweet, then the long ones with a life story and 50 grand kids and 30 great grand kids, that take half the page, I found them interesting to read.

I like to walk through old grave yards, like old ones where they go back to the 1800's, and try to imagine life then, people long forgotten, who existed, their names barely visible, most likely haven't seen a visitor in 100+ years, one big difference between the old sections of grave yards and more modern sections, is there is a lot more youngsters in the old sections, really puts in perspective just how many people died not that long ago very young never even getting to school age.

My grandfather is buried in an old graveyard, when he was buried there in 1999, he was the first burial since 1977. Its not a public graveyard, only way to get buried there is to have a relative buried there, everyone buried there is basically all related to 3 families who settled in the area, my grandfather was born there and had a aunt and grand parent buried there, its not maintained by anyone, a couple community members handle burial requests, but no landscaping or anything, some families are still around but most of the sites have gone back to nature with time, upside is because its not a maintained cemetery and thus no operating costs, its low cost burial, you just have to cover the cost of tractor and labor to dig the site, and prep it, and of course cover it back up, I think my grandfathers cost was about 1,200 for that, his kids really splurged on his casket though, he had a few thousand in the bank when he died, so they used it to get a fancy casket and headstone, they also buried my grandmother with him in the casket, well her remains as she was cremated, she had died 7 year earlier.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 14th 2021 at 9:21 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 10:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I would if given a choice much prefer the quick end like Mike there, no suffering, just gone.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Better to live a life you enjoy, eating and drinking the things you enjoy and maybe cut some years off, but eh I would rather enjoy what I can rather than live longer but hate what I eat.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:36 am
Account Closed

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...book-1.3740268

Old Sep 16th 2021, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Sir Clive Sinclair, 81

Creator of the landmark ZX Spectrum and the less commercially successful C5 died after a long illness.

You'll have to write the funeral program yourselves...
Old Sep 19th 2021, 10:25 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Jimmy Greaves, 81.
Old Sep 19th 2021, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

RIP 'Boycie', John Challis, 79

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.