Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Croakers 2016

Celebrity Croakers 2016

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:05 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity Croakers 2016

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Or on Bones... One of Snoops favourites
The others here have been watching reruns for the last week.

I read a couple of the books. It was kind of fun reading those based in Montreal before we moved from there to here.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

... One of Snoops favourites
Not your field I know, but whenever you mention your OH I keep thinking of the doctor couple from Fawlty Towers.

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:44 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not your field I know, but whenever you mention your OH I keep thinking of the doctor couple from Fawlty Towers.

More like ...

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 9:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The others here have been watching reruns for the last week.

I read a couple of the books. It was kind of fun reading those based in Montreal before we moved from there to here.
The books are great. The TV show is shite, the characters are nothing like those in the books. I was very surprised when I found out that Kathy Reichs is involved with it.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:40 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
...the characters are nothing like those in the books....
I'll bet you don't really flirt with that bloke who throws his hat on the coat-stand though.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 12:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Prince died of a drug OD, a prep pain killer
TMZ
If he was an addict it's the best-kept secret ever, cops say no evidence of violence or any indicators of suicide, and his private lifestyle offers few clues. One guess that's as good as any before the autopsy report is that his history of epileptic symptoms could have been caused by a clot that finally let go. I've known a few seemingly healthy people who just died like a switch being thrown.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 1:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bet you don't really flirt with that bloke who throws his hat on the coat-stand though.
If I were anywhere close to the coat-stand I would. Excluding a few of them.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 4:59 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
If he was an addict it's the best-kept secret ever, cops say no evidence of violence or any indicators of suicide, and his private lifestyle offers few clues. One guess that's as good as any before the autopsy report is that his history of epileptic symptoms could have been caused by a clot that finally let go. I've known a few seemingly healthy people who just died like a switch being thrown.
Celebrity addicts very rarely show much evidence, they just get their PAs to get their meds so can keep a low profile. He was ill enough to require a plane to land fast a week beforehand which tends to suggests a chronic, rather than an acute event that you suggest such as a cerebral aneurysm or stroke say brought on by coke use. He was very private as you say, and therefore could have been doing all sorts without the public knowing. We shall see ...
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Celebrity addicts very rarely show much evidence, they just get their PAs to get their meds so can keep a low profile. He was ill enough to require a plane to land fast a week beforehand which tends to suggests a chronic, rather than an acute event that you suggest such as a cerebral aneurysm or stroke say brought on by coke use. He was very private as you say, and therefore could have been doing all sorts without the public knowing. We shall see ...
I read the emergency hospital visit last week was because he had OD on Oxy. He was supposedly suffering from chronic hip pain. He wouldn't have surgery because of his religious beliefs...he was a JW.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 23rd 2016 at 5:30 pm. Reason: To make it clearer
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 5:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I read it was because he had OD on Oxy.
The last rumour I heard via the radio an hour ago was that he's had AIDS since the 90's.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 5:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Actually, by virtue of their celebrity and omnipresent paparazzi we could compile lists of those who are addicts and those who aren't. Prince had a reputation for not doing drugs. Making an emergency landing in Moline to seek medical treatment only 48 minutes short of his destination in no way indicates a chronic rather than acute condition and I'd be interested in learning how you arrive at that conclusion.
Edit: Rather than say the emergency landing in no way indicates a chronic condition vs an acute one, I'll re-phrase that to I fail to see how it indicates that. In most cases I would think the opposite likely to be the case.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 23rd 2016 at 5:29 pm. Reason: constantly seeking perfection
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:26 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Could have been a seizure that meant the plane landed. Probably a private plane too so they are more likely to stop I would think.

Anyway. I'm still going with acetaminophen OD some weeks ago and that he knew about the major delayed effect, ie death.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:36 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by caretaker
Actually, by virtue of their celebrity and omnipresent paparazzi we could compile lists of those who are addicts and those who aren't. Prince had a reputation for not doing drugs. Making an emergency landing in Moline to seek medical treatment only 48 minutes short of his destination in no way indicates a chronic rather than acute condition and I'd be interested in learning how you arrive at that conclusion.
Edit: Rather than say the emergency landing in no way indicates a chronic condition vs an acute one, I'll re-phrase that to I fail to see how it indicates that. In most cases I would think the opposite likely to be the case.
I think we are all probably all perhaps foolishly trying to come up with all sorts of theories. I disagree with your thoughts of re celebrities in the limelight- you don't have to act like Amy Winehouse on stage to be abusing drugs (especially prescription opioids ) An acute event will drop people on the spot -cardiac arythmia, cerebral or abdominal aneurysms, this I thought was what you were suggesting, maybe I misinterpreted what you said, if so, apologies You don't get forewarning of it, certainly not a week before. I did think about AIDS although retroviral treatments are so available now which treat the condition, I think that this would be less likely.
Re Jerseygirl's comments about hip surgery , being JW doesn't stop them having surgery, plenty of my patients who are JW have joint replacements, they just refuse blood transfusion.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 10:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Yes, cerebral aneurysm is one thing I considered. Isn't the bout of flu consistent with his immune system shutting down if he did have AIDS? I only know one person with AIDS and other than the complete mystery of why he was so unwell before he was diagnosed 17 or so years ago the treatments (as you say) are so good he and I suppose many others have active functioning lives and appear healthy. Prince was rich and no doubt had the best of care, so let that be a warning to us. :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Re Jerseygirl's comments about hip surgery , being JW doesn't stop them having surgery, plenty of my patients who are JW have joint replacements, they just refuse blood transfusion.
I know but perhaps he wanted to avoid such a surgery just in case a blood transfusion was necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.