Caretaker

Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caretaker

Originally Posted by caretaker
I bought a lemon cake for $4. I was thinking about that chocolate blossom one...

I will have the chocolate one please. Got any fresh whipped cream to go with it?
Old Feb 10th 2021, 7:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any alcohol swabs, so when I shoot myself up in the belly with blood thinner I use Scotch and a piece of toilet paper, pretending I'm hardcore.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any alcohol swabs, so when I shoot myself up in the belly with blood thinner I use Scotch and a piece of toilet paper, pretending I'm hardcore.
I'm diabetic. I inject 3-4 times a day into my belly. For at least 20 years.

Have NEVER used alcohol swabs and never got an infection.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
Well, it's an excuse to get the Scotch out. I only have to do it twice a day for another week.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's an excuse to get the Scotch out. I only have to do it twice a day for another week.
😱 I could not stick myself.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 10:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't you be biting down on something?

Originally Posted by chawkins99
I'm diabetic. I inject 3-4 times a day into my belly. For at least 20 years.

I gave up with the swabs a few years ago too.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 10:23 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I used to think like that... 6 or 7 years back I got kicked out of hospital with a month's worth of syringes with the instruction "one per day".

After a few days I couldn't hack it any more, so progressed to self-medicating with Irish whiskey.

Despite moving countries a couple of years ago, I found just the other day in a wardrobe that I still have half of the syringes left.

No Irish though.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 11:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Shouldn't you be biting down on something?
I bite the cap and pull the needle away to get it off, looks pretty butch.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 2:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent strategy. A splash for the loo paper, a glug for you
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes, you could. You might not like it but you could!

I had to give my daughter injections for a year when she was 9. Then she developed insulin dependent diabetes when she was 15, took a while for her to work up the courage to self-inject but got there in the end. In the meantime I did it for her.

Then my RA diagnosis meant I had to self-inject methotrexate for 2 years. All that jab training paid off
Old Feb 11th 2021, 2:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I bite the cap and pull the needle away to get it off, looks pretty butch.
I like your style.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 5:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

First trip to physio today, but not much they could do but introductions and a lot of questions due to 0 movement in the brace. I was given an easy exercise and a mitt full of appointments, 2 per week for the month of March when I can work outside of the brace. Load bearing capability on the leg is getting better, but I have to be careful not to take risks (I still carry my phone around my neck when moving anywhere). An acquaintance who recently had a hip transplant got cocky last week and fell, and spent 5 hours on the kitchen floor before his kids checked on him.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 9:26 pm
`

First trip to physio today, but not much they could do but introductions and a lot of questions due to 0 movement in the brace. I was given an easy exercise and a mitt full of appointments, 2 per week for the month of March when I can work outside of the brace. Load bearing capability on the leg is getting better, but I have to be careful not to take risks (I still carry my phone around my neck when moving anywhere). An acquaintance who recently had a hip transplant got cocky last week and fell, and spent 5 hours on the kitchen floor before his kids checked on him.
Gawd. It's going to be a long old one before you will be ice fishing again. At least physio is being set up to get started.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 9:53 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Yo man, how's it going? Plenty of horizon on that scope, one trusts?
Old Mar 11th 2021, 1:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Yo man, how's it going? Plenty of horizon on that scope, one trusts?
Trust, but verify. It's been pretty much equal parts of boredom, pain, misery and discomfort. Drugs and liquor help to a degree. My quality of life is going to improve drastically when I lose the brace and can sit on the toilet again instead of using the commode chair, and twice as much when I'm able to drive again. Next week I begin my twice weekly physio, and I have an appt with the surgeon on friday. In the meantime all I can really do is relish small pleasures as they present themselves.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 10:26 pm
`

Trust, but verify. It's been pretty much equal parts of boredom, pain, misery and discomfort. Drugs and liquor help to a degree. My quality of life is going to improve drastically when I lose the brace and can sit on the toilet again instead of using the commode chair, and twice as much when I'm able to drive again. Next week I begin my twice weekly physio, and I have an appt with the surgeon on friday. In the meantime all I can really do is relish small pleasures as they present themselves.
Ach mate Big poopoo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.