Caretaker

Old Feb 7th 2021, 2:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caretaker

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Home's lovely after being in hospital. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your 'non-hospital' food!
I don't want to try cooking a hot breakfast just yet, but the coffee is really good here. It is good to be home, but each little chore still requires pre-planning then rest after execution. Also because my pharmacy isn't open on weekends and the hospital doesn't send you home with any drugs, I have to improvise my own medication. I'm doing pretty well at that. Yesterday I took a 40mg peach gummie in early afternoon, then a grape 40mg at about 6 and was shitfaced for awhile, then when the pain began to irritate I took 2 ASA, and that took the edge off, and I dozed on and off until about 12:30 (exhausted from the afternoon, even though we spent about 1/3 of the time drinking beer or cider and resting) and then I took a vintage 325mg Ratio-Oxycocet from the other leg in 2012, and slept quite soundly until just after 6, which wasn't on in the hospital. This morning I took 2 ASA, a full dropper of THC MTC oil, and ate 2 cookies (given to me in a bag of six, baked with love by a very large hairy senior citizen who has "Bad Medicine" painted on his motorcycle).
Old Feb 7th 2021, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I don't want to try cooking a hot breakfast just yet, but the coffee is really good here. It is good to be home, but each little chore still requires pre-planning then rest after execution. Also because my pharmacy isn't open on weekends and the hospital doesn't send you home with any drugs, I have to improvise my own medication. I'm doing pretty well at that. Yesterday I took a 40mg peach gummie in early afternoon, then a grape 40mg at about 6 and was shitfaced for awhile, then when the pain began to irritate I took 2 ASA, and that took the edge off, and I dozed on and off until about 12:30 (exhausted from the afternoon, even though we spent about 1/3 of the time drinking beer or cider and resting) and then I took a vintage 325mg Ratio-Oxycocet from the other leg in 2012, and slept quite soundly until just after 6, which wasn't on in the hospital. This morning I took 2 ASA, a full dropper of THC MTC oil, and ate 2 cookies (given to me in a bag of six, baked with love by a very large hairy senior citizen who has "Bad Medicine" painted on his motorcycle).

That is not good...not good at all. The hospital should have given you enough meds the get you through the weekend if all the pharmacies are closed.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 3:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That is not good...not good at all. The hospital should have given you enough meds the get you through the weekend if all the pharmacies are closed.
They aren't all closed, just my pharmacy where I'm going to set up the separate account for WCB claim. The only things I'm missing for a day and a half are the blood thinner needles (twice a day) and an antacid, and I'm doing pretty well improvising the rest. Without the nurses it's sort of low-rent, but that's my life.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 7th 2021 at 3:18 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 3:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're doing pretty well with your DIY medication, but I do think the hospital should have sent you home with some pain relief.

In the spirit of solidarity I grabbed an old pair of crutches that were my son's, the idea was to see if I could make a cup of tea while folding one leg behind the other and using the crutches. I couldn't even get off the chair without falling over I can see how you'd need to think through the logistics of every chore.

Any nice widder women near you that could be persuaded to bring you some home-cooking, and do a bit of housecleaning while they're there?
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Any nice widder women near you that could be persuaded to bring you some home-cooking, and do a bit of housecleaning while they're there?
Hospital policy has been in place for a long time, and I've gone home from day surgery without when they kept me until 10:30; used the same solution. No "widder women" that I know: there are usually ladies on the street within a block or two that would do anything but housekeeping would be a hard sell, and I'm fairly certain they would rob me. Planning is everything. Later this afternoon if Rob can make it over I'll have him at work for a bit and bring me some take-out food to eat later when Superbowl is on. He's also going to get a basket from Princess Auto that can get zip-tied to my walker, and when I get a real tray it will fit right over top of it.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What the heck is a ‘widder women’ or is it a typo?
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Widow women, sometimes widder wimmin as well.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's someone who can cook, clean, and has time on their hands
Them's the ones.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:35 pm
Concierge

Hospital policy has been in place for a long time, and I've gone home from day surgery without when they kept me until 10:30; used the same solution. No "widder women" that I know: there are usually ladies on the street within a block or two that would do anything but housekeeping would be a hard sell, and I'm fairly certain they would rob me. Planning is everything. Later this afternoon if Rob can make it over I'll have him at work for a bit and bring me some take-out food to eat later when Superbowl is on. He's also going to get a basket from Princess Auto that can get zip-tied to my walker, and when I get a real tray it will fit right over top of it.
You need to leave those street ladies alone, you're not a well man.

Rob sounds like a handy person to have around
Old Feb 7th 2021, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Them's the ones.

BE is such a great educational resource.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 5:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Them's the ones.
I knew what widder women were but I read it as wilder.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I knew what widder women were but I read it as wilder.
I had a very sheltered upbringing.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 6:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Next time injure the left one so you can still drive. Glad you are home and had help making your place livable for the physically impaired.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 7:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
Next time injure the left one so you can still drive. Glad you are home and had help making your place livable for the physically impaired.
Thanks! Actually I did my other leg in 2012, so this time I buggered up the good leg. The left leg already had the tendons ripped out of the bottom end and sports a donor tendon and the staple to hold it, and a broken screw still sitting in the ankle bone. I had to have 2 operations on that one after I broke it. Also had the knee scoped cause I smashed a chip out of the kneecap. I don't know what it's like for healing, having big tendons like this reattached. The tendon they put in my left leg looked like maybe 5 or 6" long and pencil thin, (he showed to me before putting me under). When I see the surgeon on the 16th to get staples out he'll make a decision on physio and rehab. I hope it works out, that's my main kicking leg.
Edit: When I broke my other leg in 2012 I walked home about 6 blocks and drove myself to the doctor next morning.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 7th 2021 at 7:47 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I bought a lemon cake for $4. I was thinking about that chocolate blossom one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.