Caretaker

Old Feb 3rd 2021, 3:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caretaker

Originally Posted by Nutek
Seems a lot of fuss. You DO have another leg* you know.
*Or you don't, in which case I retract.
The "other leg" is the one I can put weight on; without it I can't take leg 2 in or out of bed, or to the bathroom, or to any of the trendy nightspots.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 3:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
trendy nightspots.
You put your left leg in... you take your...
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 3:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a lot of fuss. You DO have another leg* you know.

*Or you don't, in which case I retract.

Old Feb 3rd 2021, 3:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You put your left leg in... you take your...
If you take that out you get chucked out of the hospital.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you take that out you get chucked out of the hospital.

That depends on how sturdy that leg is. It just might get you more visitors.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 4:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
That depends on how sturdy that leg is. It just might get you more visitors.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 7:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I've been organizing like a madman, getting all ducks in a row for release tomorrow
Old Feb 5th 2021, 8:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've been organizing like a madman, getting all ducks in a row for release tomorrow
Back to normal food eh?
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

My chat with the food services lady yesterday came a bit late, but that's my fault. I told her about sending back most of the food and she said I could request half portions if I wasn't hungry enough so I told her the problem didn't lie with my appetite but with the food itself, pointed out some of the items that were particularly vile, but took care not to hurt her feelings. As a result most of it's been alright lately. They don't have the check tomorrow's menu system here anymore so without using the food services number they send every couple of days and telling her what you like and don't like it's luck of the draw. I'll have to be careful not to over indulge once home, but if I want it, I can have kippers and whiskey for breakfast, and you aren't getting that in the hospital.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear.

They weren't too fussy about managing at home? Steps and stairs and stuff?
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Good to hear.

They weren't too fussy about managing at home? Steps and stairs and stuff?
There has been a tremendous amount of discussion and coordination about that. My friend went to the Sask Abilities Council today and picked up a lot of gear for me.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a tremendous amount of discussion and coordination about that. My friend went to the Sask Abilities Council today and picked up a lot of gear for me.
Pleased to hear you have support when you get home.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 11:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Pleased to hear you have support when you get home.
After bringing me home he spent all afternoon moving things around at my direction so they'll be within reach where they need to be. I've had quite a few surgeries, and even sport a donor tendon in my other leg, but this one was the worst. I think it is 3 months in the brace until they are attached enough, then I can drive. Until then the leg is immobilised but the pain will taper off.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 6th 2021 at 11:27 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 11:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

After bringing me home he spent all afternoon moving things around at my direction so they'll be within reach where they need to be. I've had quite a few surgeries, and even sport a donor tendon in my other leg, but this one was the worst. I think it is 3 months in the brace until they are attached enough, then I can drive.

I bet it’s nice to be home. Do live on one level, or do you have stairs to climb?

3 mths with the brace doesn’t sound much fun, but on the bright side it will then be spring.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 3:47 am
Concierge

After bringing me home he spent all afternoon moving things around at my direction so they'll be within reach where they need to be. I've had quite a few surgeries, and even sport a donor tendon in my other leg, but this one was the worst. I think it is 3 months in the brace until they are attached enough, then I can drive. Until then the leg is immobilised but the pain will taper off.
Home's lovely after being in hospital. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your 'non-hospital' food!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.