Caretaker

Old Mar 11th 2021, 11:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caretaker

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ach mate Big poopoo.
It could always be worse. My friend picked me up and I went shopping in the grocery store today without the walker; (just used a cart), went for a beer at the Hungarian and lost some money on Nevada tickets, so it was what passes for a fun day. It's too early to be sure, but there's a chance of going for fish and chips tomorrow.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 11:33 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Get well Caretaker
Old Mar 12th 2021, 12:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping you get out tomorrow for your fish and chips. It's Friday Fish Fry!

Want me to send you up a 1000 pc jigsaw puzzle?
Old Mar 12th 2021, 10:16 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My quality of life is going to improve drastically when I lose the brace and can sit on the toilet again instead of using the commode chair.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
. In the meantime all I can really do is relish small pleasures as they present themselves.
OK. So what's the current deal on the crunched parts ?
Old Apr 29th 2021, 11:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OK. So what's the current deal on the crunched parts ?
I'm getting better, expanding the limits of what I can do all the time. Tomorrow I think I'll try to walk 4 blocks to the corner store for lottery tickets without the brace, but using a cane. I should know by the end of my street how it's going. I have a tentative ok from the surgeon to drive, but he was a bit iffy about it. The initial prediction on the day of my surgery was 3 months to get out of the brace, and another 3 months to get back to work, and so far we're on time. Having heavily taxed my 3 friends who've been giving me rides over the past 3 months I'll soon have to get my van back from my friend's place and get a new battery in it (remember how I hurt myself just before a wicked cold snap?) and then we can bump my physio appointments up from 2 per week to 3 or even 4. The undeniable sexual tension between my physiotherapist and myself has nothing to do with this, she mentioned increasing appointments because of my knee. I came really close to buying a sword cane 3 or 4 times recently, still may. I blame it on privateer ancestry.
Old May 18th 2021, 3:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very, very late to this thread Caretaker. Sorry to hear you've been through the wars. Hoping you are continuing to make good progress.

And now I understand the sword cane comment on another thread
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 6:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I've been bumped up to 4 hrs/day/5 days per week of physio for the last month. Sometimes I'll get off early, but no pain no gain. Just on the strength of the brand name I bought an exercise bike off Varagesale for $25. It's a Monark and so are the ones in the gym at physio, but naturally mine is smaller, cheaper, and not as smooth. Still seems to be a good quality machine though. The assclown I bought it from didn't think to post a picture of the damaged chain guard or mention it, but I just taped it up. He also had a van in his yard I thought about buying until my friend pointed out the sticker indicating that it had been totalled once, but he wasn't going to tell me about that either. I got the impression he was paying a mental cost for being successful and upwardly mobile. Despite his seemingly good circumstances I guess I pity him. After dealing with a load of banking, estate, and institutional stuff over my sister's death I just stopped doing it for awhile. As necessary only for a little while anyway, and I haven't even started clearing things out or categorizing them yet. The Salvation Army is in for a windfall. I might put my walker outside in front of the bike, set up a big laptop and headphones and call it my Hillbilly Peloton.

Last edited by caretaker; Jun 2nd 2021 at 6:10 pm.