Caretaker

Old Jan 31st 2021, 12:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Caretaker

Originally Posted by caretaker
I just got back to the room after about 4 hrs in OR and 2 hrs in recovery to bring my BP down. The spinal anesthetic didn't t work very well so I had a general on top of that.
Good work re the top up. Love me a general but makes me peckish.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 12:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back to the room after about 4 hrs in OR and 2 hrs in recovery to bring my BP down. The spinal anesthetic didn't t work very well so I had a general on top of that.
Ouch - a double dose of anesthetic probably didn't help your recovery from it - glad to hear that you are now in your room! Scary! Hope your throat isn't too sore after 4 hours in surgery..
Get a good night sleep and enjoy the hard boiled egg / scrambled egg / cereal / toast for breakfast!
Hope you are suitably dosed up with pain meds..
Old Jan 31st 2021, 12:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good to see you're back in the land of the living, that's a long time to be in surgery. I'm glad you had a general anesthetic (eventually), who wants to be awake when all that's going on.

Rest up, obey the nurses (!) and I hope you get something tasty to eat when you're feeling up to it.
Yup. If having sedation vs general...I always say, I do not want to see, hear or feel anything!
Old Jan 31st 2021, 12:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yup. If having sedation vs general...I always say, I do not want to see, hear or feel anything!
I'm with you. Since my last pain procedure under sedation, when I aspirated and stopped breathing, I've been given two choices - general anesthetic or no anesthetic/sedation at all. General's a bit radical for pain injections but no sedation when having injections deep into inflammed spinal tissue, facet joints and nerves? Decisions decisions
Old Jan 31st 2021, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm with you. Since my last pain procedure under sedation, when I aspirated and stopped breathing, I've been given two choices - general anesthetic or no anesthetic/sedation at all. General's a bit radical for pain injections but no sedation when having injections deep into inflammed spinal tissue, facet joints and nerves? Decisions decisions
My problem seems to be pain drugs, morphine or whatever they give you. They knock me out completely and I mean completely...I stop breathing.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 1:38 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My problem seems to be pain drugs, morphine or whatever they give you. They knock me out completely and I mean completely...I stop breathing.
They gave me the full syringe in the IV in recovery, but over a 2 hour period. Hydromorphone doesn't hit me that hard for some reason and I have better results from oxytocin-ratio or T-3. The best thing for pain is that good old black Chinese opium, but it was always rare and still is. I'm getting oxygen through a nose hose now and it leaves my throat parched so not sure how long I can keep that on.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

They gave me the full syringe in the IV in recovery, but over a 2 hour period. Hydromorphone doesn't hit me that hard for some reason and I have better results from oxytocin-ratio or T-3. The best thing for pain is that good old black Chinese opium, but it was always rare and still is. I'm getting oxygen through a nose hose now and it leaves my throat parched so not sure how long I can keep that on.
Take it easy Mr C. Rest up, get a good night’s sleep and fill us in tomorrow, after brekkie. I’m thinking some sort of slop, not the brekkie you are used to making.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 1:52 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

All my very best.

I have always enjoyed being part of your life...especially the edible bits...get really well, very soon.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are crocked. Get well soon. I will try to eat more interesting food until you are able to.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 2:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Sorry to hear you are crocked. Get well soon. I will try to eat more interesting food until you are able to.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 3:47 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!
Good luck to you and your recovery.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 10:28 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure I heard "toast" mentioned.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 11:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHu...m_source=share
Old Jan 31st 2021, 3:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck, mate.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Assume you weren't on a high then. Sorry that the spinal didn't work well but glad the surgery was successful and you can now start recovering.

4 hrs....what did they do a brain transplant? Sleep well tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. How long will you be in hospital for?
Going to have to check his trivia scores now to see if the transplant worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.