Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

It Can't Only Be Me...?!?!

It Can't Only Be Me...?!?!

Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough
Default It Can't Only Be Me...?!?!

But since starting out on our immigration journey, we’ve met loads of other people (in work or friends of friends) who are making the same trip. And the thing is, we had no idea that these people where even thinking about leaving the UK…

Glassy
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It Can't Only Be Me...?!?!

I don't know if it's only you, but your sure are lucky. It must be really good to have people on hand who totally get what you are going through. Just make the most of your good fortune.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:39 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

When i announced I was leaving within 2 weeks i found out 1 work colleague was also looking into leaving and moving to BC but had kept it quiet as she didnt want bosses to know at this point - and 2 other nurses I used to work with LOCALLY have also moved to vancouver island - one of whom will be living VERY close to where we are going.
i have also found out 3 other people are moving to Australia

so no i dont think its just you :P
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
I don't know if it's only you, but your sure are lucky. It must be really good to have people on hand who totally get what you are going through. Just make the most of your good fortune.
Definitely appreciate it. It’s good to have people to chew the immigration cud with....
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:01 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

yep the amount of people who has said the same to us

Makes you feel like "last one to leave turn the light off"

At least when we are going crazy i can talk to others in the same boat and relise that we are not really that crazy

Good luck