British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Cannabis (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/cannabis-884227/)

caretaker Jun 25th 2021 11:27 pm

Re: Cannabis

Now there's some push back from the medical community complaining the licensed stores are selling pot that's too strong and too cheap. Ok, pendulum has swung and they have a good point. I just got an ounce from an illegal store, and I found far less selection in high potency flower than there was last year and in years previous. The THC content of 22% - 25% I would like might be in the high end ones, but in the mid-price range (around $130 Cdn after 10% discount) hard to find and most are 19%. I got an Indica (Bubba Kush) of 19% - 25% or thereabouts so the potential for good buds is there, (and it's pretty good). I found about 1/8 oz of Death Bubba I'd forgotten about, so probably have close to an ounce and a quarter. I'm using concentrates and the e-nail regularly so my flower consumption is way down. First thing in the morning when I get my coffee, I sit down and do about 2 - 3 dabs of shatter or rosin at 620F then I do the Funtrivia Quiz. I challenge all our trivia players.... :rofl:

BuckinghamshireBoy Jul 2nd 2021 3:46 pm

Following up on the links – and links within those links – in Siouxie‘s post I decided to try with vaping CBD. I already use an e-cig, as although I’ve quit tobacco, I still haven’t yet managed to kick the nicotine habit. I dripped a few drops of CBD oil into my usual mix, but it gave the whole mix a “burned” taste; I figured that the two base oils had different properties, and that I was vaping too hot, so reduced the temperature to the lowest recommended level, but it still tasted burnt.

The next morning I sprang out of bed and had gotten halfway to the bathroom when I thought “hang on, you don’t normally spring out of bed, you creak and groan out of bed” :lightbulb:

A few more hours surfing and a couple of emails confirmed that I was on the right track, but should be using a different CBD oil for vaping – which my usual supplier doesn’t carry – so I found and ordered some from another Dutch website and tweaked my backup vape rig to run cooler than the primary.

A week in, some more tweaks to make on the new mix, but so far so good. I now feel in a good position to increase exercise to build up the lazy back muscles. Still using the patches in tandem, not had enough time yet to do a cost analysis.

Thanks Siouxie!

Steerpike Jul 2nd 2021 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 13024861)
Following up on the links – and links within those links – in Siouxie‘s post I decided to try with vaping CBD. I already use an e-cig, as although I’ve quit tobacco, I still haven’t yet managed to kick the nicotine habit. I dripped a few drops of CBD oil into my usual mix, but it gave the whole mix a “burned” taste; I figured that the two base oils had different properties, and that I was vaping too hot, so reduced the temperature to the lowest recommended level, but it still tasted burnt.

The next morning I sprang out of bed and had gotten halfway to the bathroom when I thought “hang on, you don’t normally spring out of bed, you creak and groan out of bed” :lightbulb:

A few more hours surfing and a couple of emails confirmed that I was on the right track, but should be using a different CBD oil for vaping – which my usual supplier doesn’t carry – so I found and ordered some from another Dutch website and tweaked my backup vape rig to run cooler than the primary.

A week in, some more tweaks to make on the new mix, but so far so good. I now feel in a good position to increase exercise to build up the lazy back muscles. Still using the patches in tandem, not had enough time yet to do a cost analysis.

Thanks Siouxie!

So what are these various CBD oils? What differentiates them?

I recently ordered some CBD capsules online. I took the recommended dose one night, and they definitely relaxed me but did nothing for actual sleep. This seems to be my challenge - many products relax me - slow me down, give me 'couch lock', etc - but that does not translate to actual SLEEP. Rather, I have tossing-turning nights and weird dreams / thoughts and don't wake refreshed. Also based on Siouxie's advice, I tried an herbal remedy called "Valerian". That really seemed to both relax me AND send me to a decent sleep state. So for right now, I'm experimenting with that and have put all the various cannabis variants on hold. I also purchased something called "holy basil", aka "Tulsi", but haven't tried that yet.

BuckinghamshireBoy Jul 2nd 2021 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Steerpike (Post 13024952)
So what are these various CBD oils? What differentiates them?

I recently ordered some CBD capsules online. I took the recommended dose one night, and they definitely relaxed me but did nothing for actual sleep. This seems to be my challenge - many products relax me - slow me down, give me 'couch lock', etc - but that does not translate to actual SLEEP. Rather, I have tossing-turning nights and weird dreams / thoughts and don't wake refreshed. Also based on Siouxie's advice, I tried an herbal remedy called "Valerian". That really seemed to both relax me AND send me to a decent sleep state. So for right now, I'm experimenting with that and have put all the various cannabis variants on hold. I also purchased something called "holy basil", aka "Tulsi", but haven't tried that yet.

It would seem to be the density that makes the difference between CBD oil (the drops) and CBD "vape juice", the latter being lighter and so less likely to burn, which was what happened in my case.

I found a reasonably good explanatory article in one of Siouxie's linked-to links, but being a dickhead, I forgot to bookmark it :o

Search-engining terms like "CBD vape" brings up loads of mostly US based commercial sites; I gave some a quick look, varying levels of info but I didn't stay too long.

I'll post back if I find something useful.

Siouxie Jul 2nd 2021 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 13024966)
It would seem to be the density that makes the difference between CBD oil (the drops) and CBD "vape juice", the latter being lighter and so less likely to burn, which was what happened in my case.

I found a reasonably good explanatory article in one of Siouxie's linked-to links, but being a dickhead, I forgot to bookmark it :o

Search-engining terms like "CBD vape" brings up loads of mostly US based commercial sites; I gave some a quick look, varying levels of info but I didn't stay too long.

I'll post back if I find something useful.

Thiese might be of use :) https://dailycbd.com/en/carrier-oils/ and https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabi...and-cbd-vapes/

BuckinghamshireBoy Jul 3rd 2021 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 13025015)

Thanks Siouxie, those take it even further by providing a very quick example of why one should read multiple articles and not take everything as gospel.

To paraphrase, link #1 above says it's perfectly fine to use VG (vegetable glycerine) as carrier (base) oil for vaping CBD, whereas link #2 says that it's not, and that it's not been approved for inhalation, which is completely false - they just want you to buy from them.

Even weirder, looking at their products, selecting the "vape" section and checking the ingredients shows the carrier oil to be VG...

caretaker Jul 10th 2021 7:28 pm

Today I learned 7/10 is National Dab Day, because the heating coils on most e-nails are called 710 coils. I'd already been celebrating and didn't know it! Knowledge is power.

caretaker Jul 31st 2021 10:05 pm

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...217d9c304e.jpg

caretaker Aug 13th 2021 2:31 pm

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...597283bee.jpeg

caretaker Aug 25th 2021 10:43 pm

caretaker Sep 18th 2021 1:23 pm

Mr Postman look and see, is there a letter in your bag for me?
That ought to last for awhile.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...1862cac13.jpeg

Danny B Sep 22nd 2021 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13052896)
Mr Postman look and see, is there a letter in your bag for me?
That ought to last for awhile.

Are you pretty much stoned every day? I've been on a bit of a cannabis break recently, I haven't had any since April.

caretaker Sep 22nd 2021 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13054636)
Are you pretty much stoned every day? I've been on a bit of a cannabis break recently, I haven't had any since April.

Yep, I have about 3 dabs of concentrate first thing in the morning with my coffee then I do the trivia quiz. You should get off like a skyrocket next time you do it.

caretaker Sep 26th 2021 12:16 am

Steerpike Sep 27th 2021 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13054636)

After going crazy buying almost every available form of cannabis (we only went legal in AZ this year), I realized it was making my sleep worse, not better, so I've been 'off' it for about 3 months myself! It would make me 'relax' in an intense way (like, can't get up off the sofa relaxed!), but along with that would come a certain 'anxiety' that made sleep difficult. I tried indica, sativa, blends, gummies, concentrates, and pure bud. Of all of them, the the pure bud (flower) was the best, but even that gave me some anxiety.
So I have about $500 worth of equipment and 'stock' that is probably going to get given away soon!

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 13054653)
Yep, I have about 3 dabs of concentrate first thing in the morning with my coffee then I do the trivia quiz. You should get off like a skyrocket next time you do it.

Don't you do it for medicinal purposes - pain management, or similar?