Cannabis

Old Oct 9th 2016, 3:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by Souvy
My missus was given a prescription for hydromorphane about a decade ago, after fairly major surgery. I saw what the first one did and took the rest away
As effective as smarties my wife used to say. 9mg x3 daily.

Yet when she fell and cracked a rib and the ER doc gave her a prescription for percocet she took the absolute minimum dose he suggested, less often than he suggested and stopped sooner than suggested. (throwing that in for balance)
Old Oct 9th 2016, 6:04 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
My missus was given a prescription for hydromorphane about a decade ago, after fairly major surgery. I saw what the first one did and took the rest away. I kept them in my pocket until I could get them to a pharmacy for destruction.

We had a constant flow of teenagers in our house and they probably knew the street value of those pills. I just got temptation out of the way.
I had a incident at work and had a bad neck injury and they gave 30mg tabs of morphine sulfate, apart from some initial nausea, it was a wonderful three months off work.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 7:05 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I had a incident at work and had a bad neck injury and they gave 30mg tabs of morphine sulfate, apart from some initial nausea, it was a wonderful three months off work.
There were downsides though, thankfully Oink was fully covered insurance-wise
Attached Thumbnails Cannabis-image.jpeg  
Old Oct 9th 2016, 8:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
There were downsides though, thankfully Oink was fully covered insurance-wise
I almost had Bristol Cream up my nose then.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 7:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep it brief as I am losing the will to live on this. I absolutely agree with the pair of you- I hate oxycodone and similar being doled out like smarties by doctors, I was shocked when I moved jobs over here. I strictly limit my opioids prescribing and regularly drug test. Diversion is a huge problem. Fentanyl has been around for decades. Drug users are playing russian roulette taking drugs cut with it often a synthetised high concentration version drug which often kills.- some people may say no loss
I have no control if people smoke cigs, do weed, drink 12 bottles of beer per night, eat Timmies do-nutser dayit is likely to do harm over time but it hacks me off that marijuana has put up as a panacea of all cures because people want to medicalise it's use, for a sore toe, a vague sense of unease or relieving an attack of the colly-wobbles. Sorry Danny, that is simply BS.
Did you see this report today? See my post #14. Low dose THC weed is reported to have health benefits.

UK government finally concedes cannabis has a medicinal effect | The Independent
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:28 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Did you see this report today? See my post #14. Low dose THC weed is reported to have health benefits.

UK government finally concedes cannabis has a medicinal effect | The Independent
CBD and its potential benefits have been known for years. I think you need to correct your post #14 to read not low dose THC but - containing no THC. The difference is that CBD is a single isolated chemical extracted from marijuana dispensing with the other 70 plus identified chemicals including THC.

This research specifically discusses CBD, not "medical marijuana" (I find that term crass and misrepresentative btw). You were encouraging everyone to get their medical marijuana licences (thanks for that evidence based advice Dr Dr Danny ) with the whole contents of the plant. I can tell you now, the bulk of users of MM seem weirdly drawn to the psychoactive THC and the rest of the other harmful chemicals.

I wouldn't have huge horror in people using isolated/purified CBD, purification done by a licensed pharmaceutical company with chromatography evidence that that is all that is in the product, not produced by "The Bong Factory, High street, Nelson"
Old Oct 12th 2016, 1:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I read a couple of reports about these guys over several years leading up to this article while they were still developing it, and wondered why the synthetic wasn't up and running by now? Could it be a business issue and just costs too much?
Israeli scientists create medical marijuana strain that won't get patients high - CBS News
Old Oct 12th 2016, 3:18 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

CBD and its potential benefits have been known for years. I think you need to correct your post #14 to read not low dose THC but - containing no THC. The difference is that CBD is a single isolated chemical extracted from marijuana dispensing with the other 70 plus identified chemicals including THC.

This research specifically discusses CBD, not "medical marijuana" (I find that term crass and misrepresentative btw). You were encouraging everyone to get their medical marijuana licences (thanks for that evidence based advice Dr Dr Danny ) with the whole contents of the plant. I can tell you now, the bulk of users of MM seem weirdly drawn to the psychoactive THC and the rest of the other harmful chemicals.

I wouldn't have huge horror in people using isolated/purified CBD, purification done by a licensed pharmaceutical company with chromatography evidence that that is all that is in the product, not produced by "The Bong Factory, High street, Nelson"
Can you do me up a prescription for one of these please Doc? Jnr Dr Danny will let you all know the results
Old Oct 12th 2016, 5:20 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Danny B
Can you do me up a prescription for one of these please Doc? Jnr Dr Danny will let you all know the results
Errm I probably wouldn't be the doc to approach
I love the way that calling it a "Medipen"makes it seem all "medically" scientific. I note that they emphasise that it is organic .. therefore must be healthy
I am really uncertain about the benefits/harms of vaping tbh and I was thinking that if CBD had a value then it would be topical only
20% doesn't sound particularly high strength- what is the other 80% ?? Part will be that wonderful pother panacea of all cures, coconut oil but what else?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 10:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't often see much from the National Post but this was on the local paper's website. The thing at the bottom with some rough stats from across the country is interesting, and the database thing works to find your town.
O Cannabis: The future of marijuana in Canada, and the hazy transition period ahead | National Post

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 13th 2016 at 10:40 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 12:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

So Ontario is going to set up stores similar to that run by LCBO staff under the LCBO banner. Lots of unhappy pot shop owners this week I guess. Maybe they did all jump the gun a little

Pot activist Jodie Emery slams Ontario's 'insane' monopoly plan | CTV News
Old Sep 9th 2017, 1:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by magnumpi
So Ontario is going to set up stores similar to that run by LCBO staff under the LCBO banner. Lots of unhappy pot shop owners this week I guess. Maybe they did all jump the gun a little

Pot activist Jodie Emery slams Ontario's 'insane' monopoly plan | CTV News
She's right, 150 stores might be enough for Toronto, but not for Ontario. Why didn't they just follow the Colorado model, too profitable?
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:13 pm
Tea Drinker

I'd give my right nut to have a legal weed store here in Kamloops next July. It would be a licence to print money.

I was at a store in Vegas recently and there were queues out the door. Cash only.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Won't it be less available after legalization than now? Presumably there will be some sort of government store, like the LCBO, which opens limited hours. If your stash runs out at 2am on Monday you'll be stuffed until 9; no more calling for someone to bicycle round to your house on demand.
I give you post #2 from almost a year ago.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I met Jodie Emery once, maybe 7 or 8 years ago and thought she was very nice but a bit loopy (as befits a zealous adherent to anything). I didn't realise who she was until years later when seeing her on the news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.