Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Are Canadians the most two-faced people on Earth?

View Poll Results: Are Canadians the most two-faced people on Earth?
Yes.
45.90%
No.
39.34%
No, but I'm going to go outside and bitch about them behind their back.
14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Are Canadians the most two-faced people on Earth?

Old Aug 12th 2013, 5:45 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are Canadians the most two-faced people on Earth?

Discuss.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 5:56 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Canadians the most two-faced people on Earth?

Originally Posted by Steve_
Discuss.
Stupid question. No-one can possibly know the definitive answer, not even a supersmart like you.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you really believe that you should get out more. .... Far easterners, and one nationality specifically, have a strong cultural aversion to ever saying no or pushing back against your suggestions/ ideas/ proposals no matter how strongly they disagree with you!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:06 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

It's just I've had several examples of it recently, I'm at the point of wondering whether anyone is capable of being direct.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:07 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Stupid question. No-one can possibly know the definitive answer, not even a supersmart like you.
What you actually took it seriously?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:08 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Far easterners, and one nationality specifically, have a strong cultural aversion to ever saying no or pushing back against your suggestions/ ideas/ proposals no matter how strongly they disagree with you!
Maybe that's where it comes from, given the number of Chinese immigrants.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Steve - what industry do you work in?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:32 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

IT but it's got nothing to do with industry, I'm talking about people generally.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know... I've met some pretty 'unsavoury' types in the O&G industry.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:38 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

I think the reason I notice it perhaps is because of my job, because I'm often dealing with people who aren't Canadian.

The closest I ever seem to get to people being direct is when they start to be condescending.

Which if you've read any of my threads on here you know I'm a world champion at condescension.

Although I suppose I'm also being two-faced by putting this thread up.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I think the reason I notice it perhaps is because of my job, because I'm often dealing with people who aren't Canadian.

The closest I ever seem to get to people being direct is when they start to be condescending.

Which if you've read any of my threads on here you know I'm a world champion at condescension.

Although I suppose I'm also being two-faced by putting this thread up.
Where are you on Gypsies?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its just that the more there is a stake, and the more pressure people are subjected to in the workplace, the shittier they behave. That is my experience working in O&G anyway.

People won't hesitate to 'Throw you under the bus' to save their own butt. I never experienced this kind of behaviour in the UK and I was totally shocked by it when I started working here.

So in a way, I can relate to what you're saying.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:25 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it, but in terms of the workplace, probably more backstabbing and bad mouthing than I experienced in the UK.

That being said, my default assumption is that it's going on, and therefore it's best just to get on with it and do the best job that you can.

US clients are worse though
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think disingenuity and betrayal are more middle class traits rather than being country specific.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pretty Flowers
I hate to say it, but in terms of the workplace, probably more backstabbing and bad mouthing than I experienced in the UK.

That being said, my default assumption is that it's going on, and therefore it's best just to get on with it and do the best job that you can.

US clients are worse though
My experience too. Canadians are just bland, USAsians are vicious when it comes to competitive office/work relationships.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.