Canadian Sayings

Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of
Default Canadian Sayings

One I must share with all is from a RCMP member describing the flatness of Sask'

"You can stand on a sardine can and see next Thursday coming"
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Canadian Sayings

Eh?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

They mean that Saskatchewan is flatter than Posh Spice's chest (when she isn't using padding).
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joelsa
Eh?
Originally Posted by CaptainHook
They mean that Saskatchewan is flatter than Posh Spice's chest (when she isn't using padding).
I suspect Joelsa was applying a liberal amount of female wit.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
They mean that Saskatchewan is flat...
Yeh, I would have guessed that...but wouldn't it say more about how flat it was if you didn't need to stand on anything at all?

Or even "You can stand in a hole and still see........."
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:52 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can still see your dog running away three days later in Saskatchewan
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Daylight savings time burns crops.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:14 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

"Couldn't organise a one man race to a two hole outhouse."

Self explanatory.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Our company president used the saying "Manitoba - the only place where you can't kill yourself by jumping from a height"...that was a cheery lunch...
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

djalandar is an unknown quantity at this point

Aboooot
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djalandar
Aboooot
The only people I've ever heard say that were none Canadians making fun of Canadians.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Air Canada - We're not happy until your not happy.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:37 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres a few that bug the hell out of me.

Just" touching base" to give you the "heads up". They both make me cringe.

And "Ascertain"(sp) it's mainly cops who say that but it still nerks me.

Mrs Minihaha(feeling ick today arghhh)

Hope everyone has a lovely day wherever you are
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:03 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

kitty corner = diagonally across from

Fine thank you - What they used to respond when the newly arrived Judy used to say, upon being introduced to someone, "How do you do?" When I noticed that I was getting nowhere with that, I changed it to, "Hi, Sally" (or whatever the person's name was). I find that strategy quite useful, in that it helps me to remember the person's name.

a tad - a bit (as in, "I'll have just a tad more of that cake.")

two by four - a piece of lumber (the name is dervied from the fact that the standard piece of wood in the building industry is 2 inches thick and 4 inches wide)

pop - fizzy drink such as Coca Cola

Take care - Often used in addition to, or instead of, Goodbye.
x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

pop is not new to me as it was always used in Yorkshire to mean a fizzy drink ....... and council pop was just plain old tap water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.