Canadian Potatoes!

Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Potatoes!

We have grown a red fingerling variety - perfect for salads

The garden centres here on the Island had an excellent selection of seed potatoes
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:19 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
They were really good
were there many?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:21 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Ours are mostly local to MB.

The New Potatoes here are the best I have ever had, absolute heaven.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:19 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
were there many?
A few at a time, they have to last the whole summer plus some left over for next year. I may post pictures !!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:44 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I try not to think about potatoes too much. If I did, I might find myself on the nearest plane back to the homeland and that could turn into an expensive habit. I suppose there would be less jetlag involved by indulging instead in gigolos and coke.
You know that sign on the corner of my street? The one that says "Potatos Red White Yukon" (sic) If you bang on the farm door, someone there will go and root spuds out of the ground for you. Those are good potatoes. They're readily available, and, if not free, they'll at least be cheaper than a night's giggoloing.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:58 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
A few at a time, they have to last the whole summer plus some left over for next year. I may post pictures !!
I will be jealous. I'm going to have to see if we have any spuds ready for eating. They won't be jersey royals though.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:12 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
You know that sign on the corner of my street? The one that says "Potatos Red White Yukon" (sic) If you bang on the farm door, someone there will go and root spuds out of the ground for you. Those are good potatoes. They're readily available, and, if not free, they'll at least be cheaper than a night's giggoloing.
S'not the same. It's the earth I think. If you can't smell the faint whiff of a thatched cottage burning peat and churning out handmade soda bread when you pick up the spud, then really, what's the point?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

S'not the same. It's the earth I think. If you can't smell the faint whiff of a thatched cottage burning peat and churning out handmade soda bread when you pick up the spud, then really, what's the point?
Proustian potatoes, you'll be wanting then.

I don't think I can help with that but, at a pinch, I could stand up in my stirrups, looking dashing if somewhat haughty, and order the starving occupants of said cottage off to board the boat to America.

I'd rather not though, I find the damp saps my ardor.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:02 pm

I don't think I can help with that but, at a pinch, I could stand up in my stirrups, looking dashing if somewhat haughty, and order the starving occupants of said cottage off to board the boat to America.

Yes, we bring out the extra damp just for the foreigners.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:38 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God! Body waxing, tats, and now we find out you're into leather.

I think I shall start calling you Zelda.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:40 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

You are Mrs Doyle and I claim my five Euro.

Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
You are Mrs Doyle and I claim my five Euro.

http://www.dollymix.tv/images/mrs%20doyle.jpg
Go on.

An uncanny resemblance.

Go on.

Your Euros are in the post.

Go on.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:58 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Go on.

An uncanny resemblance.

Go on.

Your Euros are in the post.

Go on.
Does that make dbd Father Jack then?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Does that make dbd Father Jack then?
Irresistible, I think you will agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.