Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canadian Beef recalls

Canadian Beef recalls

Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:05 pm
Banned

wonderwoman1st is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Beef recalls

Anyone know that recall website to check if yours is safe or not.

I have a roll of lean beef from Walmart that has been in the freezer for about 2 months now, and am wary if I should eat it or not, though I didn't have a problem with the ones before, I'd rather check and be safe than sorry though especially as I do have a 3 yr old..
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:15 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Default Re: Canadian Beef recalls

heres the latest list
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...0121003e.shtml
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:21 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Just cook it properly all the way through and make sure it reaches at least 160f then you will kill any e coli that might be present. Just sensible food hygiene.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wonderwoman1st
Anyone know that recall website to check if yours is safe or not.

I have a roll of lean beef from Walmart that has been in the freezer for about 2 months now, and am wary if I should eat it or not, though I didn't have a problem with the ones before, I'd rather check and be safe than sorry though especially as I do have a 3 yr old..
It's safe when properly cooked isn't it? Just don't serve it rare or medium
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by marclouis
thank you kindly marclouis

Last edited by wonderwoman1st; Oct 4th 2012 at 6:24 pm. Reason: posted wrong name, sorry
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bats
It's safe when properly cooked isn't it? Just don't serve it rare or medium
Well you'd like to think so, except when it's already infected with E-coli
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Just cook it properly all the way through and make sure it reaches at least 160f then you will kill any e coli that might be present. Just sensible food hygiene.
Okay, thanks, that is two of you who said this, so I will do that, will use myself as a guinea pig first, if I don't get a stomach ache fast then I will know it's aok to give it to my little man
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:28 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

some people assume that all ground meat has ecoli? heres the advice they follow.
http://www.fitnesscontrarian.com/ass...l-ground-beef/
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by marclouis
some people assume that all ground meat has ecoli? heres the advice they follow.
http://www.fitnesscontrarian.com/ass...l-ground-beef/
That makes sense. Any meat not handled or cooked properly will give you food poisoning. Good post
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit annoyed - I had a ton of ground beef in the freezer - only some of it had to be recalled - and of course I didn't know which ones (as I separate and put into bags and freeze because I buy from Costco).

It's not worth messing with really - not with little ones in the house. I took all of it back...

And have since started labelling stuff!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:10 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

When I heard about the recalls I didn't think much of it, a couple of days later I dug out some ground beef from the freezer and made spaghetti bolognese, didn't even check it.

It's a bit like the Edwina Curry and the egg thing.

IF you were going to make steak tartar, then I would advise against it but if your going to cook it all the way through then I can't see there being a problem imo. If your that worried dispose of it, if your concerned then do a pot roast or stew where it's going to get hot and stay hot for a long time and use a thermometer.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:18 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
When I heard about the recalls I didn't think much of it, a couple of days later I dug out some ground beef from the freezer and made spaghetti bolognese, didn't even check it.

It's a bit like the Edwina Curry and the egg thing.

IF you were going to make steak tartar, then I would advise against it but if your going to cook it all the way through then I can't see there being a problem imo. If your that worried dispose of it, if your concerned then do a pot roast or stew where it's going to get hot and stay hot for a long time and use a thermometer.
hear hear.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 6:31 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wonderwoman1st
Okay, thanks, that is two of you who said this, so I will do that, will use myself as a guinea pig first, if I don't get a stomach ache fast then I will know it's aok to give it to my little man
You won't get a stomach ache fast, it can take up to 10 days before you feel the effects!
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
You won't get a stomach ache fast, it can take up to 10 days before you feel the effects!
Is that the finding on the recent food poisoning then?

When ever I had food poisoning rarely though the last time was last year, it was pretty fast.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:14 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Bags of Salad now, as well. So veggies won't feel left out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.