Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Wikiposts

Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:04 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Originally Posted by bsmith
...The valley is pretty impressive. Like you say, it just kind of opens up as you go down in to Drum and on through Dorothy. We just spent some time driving down through the provincial park. The whole place is more Utah/Arizona than Alberta.
If you ever go back then you must go to the Last chance Saloon, in a ghost town called Wayne.

Its an amazing place, and you may as well transport yourself back 150 years, it doesn't take too much imagination thats for sure.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:35 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I have fairly low standards, but I will advise anyone ever in need of a cheap hotel in London, Ontario not to consider the Econolodge. That's if you can find the thing in the first place, it's miles from anywhere. I turned up to realise it was beside a lap dancing joint which was in full flow on a weekday afternoon, complete with over eager men in the parking lot.

After working out which piece of plywood paneling was the entrance, I walked in to be faced with more eager manly types hanging around the lobby. It was one of those moments when you walk in and everyone stops talking and stares. Tension, meet knife.

Went up to the room only to realise there was a number of high school kids being entertained by some ladies, likely from the place next door. Long story short, I climbed down the fire escape and legged it. That's the story of the Econolodge in London, Ontario. Pictured below, in all it's glory.
Attached Thumbnails Canada's dirtiest hotels.....-100_0832.jpg   Canada's dirtiest hotels.....-100_0829.jpg   Canada's dirtiest hotels.....-100_0833.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I have fairly low standards, but I will advise anyone ever in need of a cheap hotel in London, Ontario not to consider the Econolodge.
I'd agree. The Beef Baron next door has perfectly fine overnight accommodation if you know who to ask.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'd agree. The Beef Baron next door has perfectly fine overnight accommodation if you know who to ask.
I'm sure the Baron provides fine facilities for overnight guests. I decided not to enquire within after witnessing a man carrying a saddle into the club. I'm pretty sure there were no horses for miles around. Sadly, it was impossible to get a photo of that whilst dangling from the fire escape.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Some good points raised in this article, including that one hotel was only rated by 25 people to get on the list.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Some good points raised in this article, including that one hotel was only rated by 25 people to get on the list.
It seems to me that a properly scuzzy hotel, and I have in mind the one with grills on the windows on Jarvis just below Gerrard (picture when I remember to take one as I pass) is not likely to be frequented by people who have internet access. Accordingly, what we have is a list of unpleasant but not really frightening hotels, I bet the welfare floors at the Best Western, Jarvis and Carlton, are as filthy as anywhere in North America but who's to tell?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:40 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It seems to me that a properly scuzzy hotel, and I have in mind the one with grills on the windows on Jarvis just below Gerrard (picture when I remember to take one as I pass) is not likely to be frequented by people who have internet access. Accordingly, what we have is a list of unpleasant but not really frightening hotels, I bet the welfare floors at the Best Western, Jarvis and Carlton, are as filthy as anywhere in North America but who's to tell?
I think it's about time for a recap on your experiences at "Super 8" hotels....

I'm personally holding out for the Bacon Baron, that surely has to be more entertaining....
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the Baron provides fine facilities for overnight guests. I decided not to enquire within after witnessing a man carrying a saddle into the club. I'm pretty sure there were no horses for miles around. Sadly, it was impossible to get a photo of that whilst dangling from the fire escape.
Now, I may be more dissolute than your average poster on here, but tales of saddles being imported to provincial skin bars seem exaggerated.

No more of course than the idea of a guest of the next door motel hanging from the fire escape.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:45 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by G77

I'm personally holding out for the Bacon Baron, that surely has to be more entertaining....
Bacon Baron is good. Nice one.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:46 pm

I have in mind the one with grills on the windows on Jarvis just below Gerrard
The Inglewood Arms? I'd better cancel that booking then. You really know how to spoil a surprise, you.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Now, I may be more dissolute than your average poster on here, but tales of saddles being imported to provincial skin bars seem exaggerated.

No more of course than the idea of a guest of the next door motel hanging from the fire escape.
Go ahead and scoff. I wish I were joking.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77

I don't stay at the Super 8, it has that "video corridor" between the rooms and, if I'm to be filmed, I want a royalty.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:48 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't stay at the Super 8, it has that "video corridor" between the rooms and, if I'm to be filmed, I want a royalty.
That was the recap I was thinking of.....

Something about the OH preferring to piss in the car park too iirc.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

The Inglewood Arms? I'd better cancel that booking then. You really know how to spoil a surprise, you.
That's the place. Bold of you to walk in and scrawl our names on the board.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by G77
That was the recap I was thinking of.....

Something about the OH preferring to piss in the car park too iirc.
Oh, that was the Days Inn in the Beach. And a former OH. Certainly a dirty hotel but not spectacularly so, the one in Atlanta where the maid turned the roaches upside down on the TV and left them spinning was my worst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.