Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Wikiposts

Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:34 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Courtesy of TripAdvisor and brought to you as a public service.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels-g153339
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:48 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canada's dirtiest hotels.....

Wow the Edmonton Econolodge didn't make the list...must have be closed down my the health inspectors.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:59 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Courtesy of TripAdvisor and brought to you as a public service.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels-g153339
Oh bugger. You beat me to it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651734

Hopefully a helpful MOD will be over to join the threads together to avoid panic and confusion.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

I've stayed at the Admiral Inn Niagara and it was awfull!! Didn't care at the time though as we were students and it was cheap
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me to avoid the Drumheller Inn..... Though isn't that the only hotel in Drum?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:17 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Remind me to avoid the Drumheller Inn..... Though isn't that the only hotel in Drum?
Do you know what as I was reading the thread title the words "Drumheller Inn" popped into my head.

Never stayed there but it was behind BMO and what a sh1thole. Full of drunks and addicts in the 'foyer' as you walk by.

Nope CH Drum has a Ramada and a Super 8 along with some very nice guest houses.

Edited to add its not the one I was immediately thinking about behind the bank, it surprises me that its that bad - it always seemed to be full (well lots of cars in the car park)

Last edited by mandymoochops; Jan 28th 2010 at 4:31 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:07 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Do you know what as I was reading the thread title the words "Drumheller Inn" popped into my head.

Never stayed there but it was behind BMO and what a sh1thole. Full of drunks and addicts in the 'foyer' as you walk by.

Nope CH Drum has a Ramada and a Super 8 along with some very nice guest houses.

Edited to add its not the one I was immediately thinking about behind the bank, it surprises me that its that bad - it always seemed to be full (well lots of cars in the car park)

...We tried to book the Drumheller Inn back in the Summer but it was full! Had 2 nights at the Ramada instead - sounds like we got off lightly?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmith
...We tried to book the Drumheller Inn back in the Summer but it was full! Had 2 nights at the Ramada instead - sounds like we got off lightly?
Reading some of those reviews you certainly did - though I checked the website and it says its been renovated? ?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:22 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

So why would people want to visit Drumheller?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Reading some of those reviews you certainly did - though I checked the website and it says its been renovated? ?
A journalist friend of mine is mentioned in this article commenting on fake Tripadvisor reviews. Maybe it's one of the Drumheller's competitors giving them a bad rep.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Cougar hunting...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:30 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
WORLD'S BIGGEST DINOSAUR!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmith
WORLD'S BIGGEST DINOSAUR!
Sounds jolly.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:24 pm
Sawdust making harpy

The dinosaur's a bit tacky actually, but the main reason is the Royal Tyrell which I am embarrassed to say in my year of living there never went

People go to see the hoodoos (mushroom shaped rock formations) but they are crap and not as big as you think, and places like horseshoe canyon and horsethief canyon.

Its a beautiful valley that just kind of happens in the iddle of nowhere is Drumheller - and I for one love driving down into it when ever I go back.

The rodeo is also pretty good with a great atmosphere, - its a great place with wonderful people actually
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:51 pm
Banned

Its a beautiful valley that just kind of happens in the iddle of nowhere is Drumheller - and I for one love driving down into it when ever I go back.
...The valley is pretty impressive. Like you say, it just kind of opens up as you go down in to Drum and on through Dorothy. We just spent some time driving down through the provincial park. The whole place is more Utah/Arizona than Alberta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.