Canada Post

Old Nov 10th 2020, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada Post

What are peoples thoughts on Canada Post, have I been unlucky or is this normal?

I posted an item to Toronto on 2nd November at a rural post office in Yorkshire. According to tracking it was in Canada less than 24 hours after posting - so full credit to Royal Mail. Now a week later the latest tracking update, which is now with Canada Post says expected delivery within 3 to 7 working days. Now I know Canada's a big place but it does seem very slow especially considering the destination isn't exactly out in the sticks.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 1:25 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Post

There's other threads about CP during normal conditions, and it can be a bit hit and miss. However, you do need to factor in Covid, as delivery times are being affected by it. I've had things ship from Burlington to Oakville take five or six days to arrive, and things from further afar come within a couple of days. I think they have suspended delivery time guarantees because of covid.

Old Nov 10th 2020, 1:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

When we lived in New Jersey mail to Toronto often took 3 to 4 weeks (approx 500 miles). While mail from NJ to the UK took 24 to 48 hours. That was pre-COVID.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post is slow no doubt, often the longest part of a parcels trip is the last leg in Canada.

Mail coming from the US, will often get to Canada within 24-48 hours and then can take upwards of a week to 10 days to go the final leg.

Canada Post is 2 things expensive and generally not efficient although some regional sorting facilities seem better than others.

One reason when I lived near the border and would order from the US vs say a place in Ontario is I could have my item within 2-3 days vs upwards of 10 days and sometimes longer.

Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I continue to experience top service standards.
I reckon it's karma
Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:37 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Canada post have just contacted me today for further details about the missing package i have with them. I posted it on Sep 21 to Europe . No sign of it.
it was sent airmail and the tracking info has no information other than it being collected from the post office.
It was my first international etsy sale. I'm gutted to have lost the contents
Old Nov 10th 2020, 4:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

It's thanks to Canada Post that I get a free month of Amazon Prime every time they fail to meet the guaranteed delivery date. Only ever happens with Canada Post, go figure.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
It's thanks to Canada Post that I get a free month of Amazon Prime every time they fail to meet the guaranteed delivery date. Only ever happens with Canada Post, go figure.
They have been giving me 20% refunds, but then I don't have prime anymore since its basically useless living in Kelowna, takes a week to 10 days with Prime, and non-prime orders are not taking any longer, although lately they have been using Purolator too much for my liking.

But since moving in general my Amazon ordering is down like 80%, without same day and 1 day delivery, no advantage anymore for me to use Amazon.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Royal Mail have a long list of oopsies in my experience. The latest was sending a shirt that I ordered from the UK to China. ​​​​​​

China post helpfully sent it onwards to Canada where it arrived in Vancouver. 10 days later it was delivered to me in Windsor. It took longer to get from Van to Windsor than it did UK to Van via China.

Both a bit rubbish I suppose
Old Nov 10th 2020, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Royal Mail have a long list of oopsies in my experience. The latest was sending a shirt that I ordered from the UK to China. ​​​​​​

China post helpfully sent it onwards to Canada where it arrived in Vancouver. 10 days later it was delivered to me in Windsor. It took longer to get from Van to Windsor than it did UK to Van via China.

Both a bit rubbish I suppose

I have always said the longest part of the trip for parcels for us when we lived in Vancouver, was the Richmond, BC to Vancouver leg, a mere 15km.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I continue to experience top service standards.
I reckon it's karma
That's because you're living in the centre of the universe...Moncton.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:55 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
That's because you're living in the centre of the universe...Moncton.
I am evidently pretty close to Bristol’s centre too! I generally send out an express post, one kilo ish sort of envelope, every day at work and I never have a problem with them...they ‘aren’t going far’ Nova Scotia three times weekly, but last week sent a big wodge of paper at 4 pm from Fredericton and was speaking with the person that I sent it to in Saint John at 10 am the next day who had received it. I think that’s good.

I’ve not missed one month of my BBC Good Food magazine in the 8 years I have been here...looking at Canadian positives, I would put the postal service down as a definite for me
Old Nov 12th 2020, 4:46 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post sucks, even compared with USPS.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 5:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

it appears that Canada post may actually have found my package as they actually note it arriving in the destination country , mailed sep 21 , located in europe today
Old Nov 12th 2020, 8:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
it appears that Canada post may actually have found my package as they actually note it arriving in the destination country , mailed sep 21 , located in europe today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.