British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Calling Golfers - Course GPS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/calling-golfers-course-gps-735771/)

expatdoris Oct 15th 2011 7:32 pm

Calling Golfers - Course GPS

Does anyone know if the courses in canada are GPS mapped. Thank you.

Aviator Oct 15th 2011 8:24 pm

Re: Calling Golfers - Course GPS

It ain't that hard to find your way around a golf course is it? Don't you just go 1 to 2 to 3... and whack a little ball from one hole to the next.

nldfc Oct 15th 2011 8:25 pm

Quite a few are and the list is growing all the time :thumbup:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=31070&ra=true

expatdoris Oct 15th 2011 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator (Post 9676763)
It ain't that hard to find your way around a golf course is it? Don't you just go 1 to 2 to 3... and whack a little ball from one hole to the next.

Just want to make sure that when I get my 3 wood out and hit it 140yds, i don't overshoot the green.;)

DaveLovesDee Oct 16th 2011 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by expatdoris (Post 9676795)
Just want to make sure that when I get my 3 wood out and hit it 140yds, i don't overshoot the green.;)

Don't use a 3 wood when you're only 5ft from the green and you shouldn't have this issue!

Auld Yin Oct 16th 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by expatdoris (Post 9677813)
No, from 5ft i'll use a PW three times and then 4 putt. I think I am allowed more than a 36 handicap in USA/Canada, can't wait!

How can you talk about handicap and a golfing GPS in the same breath? A true handicap is established by playing the game honestly and by the rules.

dbd33 Oct 16th 2011 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by expatdoris (Post 9677854)
Yep! And I never let people play through, and I never lose a ball, can't hit it far enough to lose one.:) I have notice that men are so bad tempered on the course, don't understand why they play the game.:confused:

Hcp 48
Forward Tees
Easy game.

Seriously, i play off 14, off the front tees it is much easier and I have been known to do all of the above.:eek:

Er, perhaps I wasn't clear. To me an admission that one plays golf is like an admission that one fiddles with children. The number and dimensions of the chidren is scarcely relevant.

expatdoris Oct 16th 2011 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9676768)
Quite a few are and the list is growing all the time :thumbup:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=31070&ra=true

Thanks, i'v had enough fun on this thread:rofl:

Great to know that they are being done, appreciate your post.

I'll delete all the joke stuff now, if it will let me. No offence anyone, just a dull sunday afternoon.

expatdoris Oct 16th 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 9677868)
Er, perhaps I wasn't clear. To me an admission that one plays golf is like an admission that one fiddles with children. The number and dimensions of the chidren is scarcely relevant.

A bit too sick for me to comment.:frown:

iaink Oct 17th 2011 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 9677868)

Give it a rest. Comparing golfers to paedophiles isnt even close to funny. Give your head a shake.:frown:

simon876 Oct 17th 2011 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator (Post 9676763)

Agreed. I thought it was just a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a walk. :p

Jingsamichty Oct 17th 2011 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by simon876 (Post 9680338)
Agreed. I thought it was just a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a walk. :p

It is... but here in North America it's usually a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a drive. With Sat Nav.

Walking doesn't much come into it for most golfers here.

expatdoris Oct 17th 2011 10:07 pm

For some in my house, it's a good walk ruined.

simon876 Oct 17th 2011 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 9680346)
It is... but here in North America it's usually a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a drive. With Sat Nav.

Walking doesn't much come into it for most golfers here.

I am shocked. :eek:

I thought that they worked hard on developing those 'big man' physiques.

And since when has golf been a verb? "Do you golf?" I get asked. :lol: