Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Calling ex pats for support - Jamie McDonald

Calling ex pats for support - Jamie McDonald

Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

HSJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling ex pats for support - Jamie McDonald

If he comes through Toronto we'll host him.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

ahh thats nice, I'll pass on. He's unfortunately waiting for a CAT scan on his foot as he thinks he stepped awkwardly with the 30kg backpack on and broken it! However, I spoke to him recently and he says he is waiting for the result but is persisting he will cross Canada even if on crutches! Nutter!
Old May 24th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Best video update from Jamie, inspirational and funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_QQNil7_g
Old May 25th 2013, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following him on FB since you first posted this. Seems quietly bonkers to me! Have been in contact and though he is many months away from us, I've offered him a bed and hot meal when he gets near.

I'm interested in how his status will progress. I gather he's on a 6 month visa. He's not going to want to detour to a border to renew it! Can he run through a nearby airport do you think? Perhaps Former Lancastrian could run alongside him for ten minutes, ask a few questions and re-stamp his passport!
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

STRAIGHT FROM JAMIE'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

Jamie Mc Donald
I've planned a small part of the journey from my current location Kamouraska to Montreal. It's about the most planning I've ever done in my life. If you know anyone on this route then tell them to pull out the trumpets when I run past. Also, I've just hit over 50 marathons! Movescount - Powered by Suunto

Click here to track my moves!!!
www.movescount.com
Check out JamieMcDonald's online sports profile at Movescount.com

if anyone does have a bed for the night or lend him their garden and some support, please go to Jamie's facebook page and message him directly to offer a meal, support, pat on the back and some encouragement, cheers
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mardyarse
STRAIGHT FROM JAMIE'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

Jamie Mc Donald
I've planned a small part of the journey from my current location Kamouraska to Montreal. It's about the most planning I've ever done in my life. If you know anyone on this route then tell them to pull out the trumpets when I run past. Also, I've just hit over 50 marathons! Movescount - Powered by Suunto

Click here to track my moves!!!
www.movescount.com
Check out JamieMcDonald's online sports profile at Movescount.com

if anyone does have a bed for the night or lend him their garden and some support, please go to Jamie's facebook page and message him directly to offer a meal, support, pat on the back and some encouragement, cheers
Isn't he finished yet? He seems to milking this a bit.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie has made it to Ottawa, he's now re-thinking his schedule to take in Toronto too.

Anybody have any contacts to media in Toronto or on the way down to Toronto or who could put him up, or cheer him on the side of the road, chuck him a banana please go to his facebook page or pm here. He's due to leave us Friday and it would be great if he had some goals/places/people to stop by and help him.

cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Tell him to be careful when going through Saskatchewan this could happen
http://www.ckom.com/story/aspiring-r...tchewan/118065

p.s. This could happen anywhere but in Saskatchewan you would still see them running away with their haul 2 days later
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie made it to Thunder Bay on September 9 - and to the last point where Terry Fox managed to run. If you have a minute or two, you might be interested to read this latest excerpt from his FB page. Still bonkers, but if he is coming your way, please show some support...

"I knew people were expecting me to arrive 3pm on Saturday at the Terry Fox monument but I decided to get there for sunrise instead to have my own moment. I was only 4km away from the monument, so at 5.30am after 3 hours sleep in a toilet, I ran there.

I've never been a huge fan of any statues, I'll normally read with interest but never feel anything emotionally, however, I knew this would be different. This moment in the journey had been on my mind for over 5 months now, it felt so important, I wanted it to be so perfect that it made me a little nervous. I made it to the monument and as I hoped, there wasn't a single soul so I could have my moment to reflect on this remarkable man. The sun started to rise with clear blue skies just as I made it and it was truly the most beautiful monument I've ever seen. It immediately made me reflect on how far I've come and how hard it is to to get here. It saddened me so much that it brought a tear to my eye at the thought of Terry Fox having come so far and having to give up. I felt like there was a part of me that knew how hard he had to work up until this point and to have that stripped away from him, just broke my heart. I've ran his route and knowing he's raised over $700 million for Cancer Research to date and to see the way he's touched an entire nation and the world, amazes me day after day. Some people have said that I could be the next Terry Fox, as overwhelming and touching that is, I could never ever be Terry Fox. In my eyes, there will never be another Terry Fox. He fills me with inspiration and I hope this will help me finish off this run. If I can take a pinch out of the person he was then I know this run will be everything I want it to be - changing the lives of children - and giving hope to the families that there are people in this world trying to do everything they can to make a difference.

As people started to gather for 3pm - I was overwhelmed at the amount of people who showed up, especially the amount of kids dressed as superheroes, totally awesome. With music pumping in the background the atmosphere was electric. As it all calmed down, a lovely speech was made from Mayor Hobbs along with a special keepsake from Thunder Bay. Something I've never had before was a microphone; which made everything feel really official. I had no speech planned nor did I even think about it, I talked straight from heart on how difficult the journey has became, starting to choke up by the end of the speech I said "this is a really inspirational day for me and I hope this will help me to the end." I seen some woman cry in front of me so I lighten the moment by saying "because it's getting bloody tough now." The crowd laughed. Afterwards, everyone greeted me personally to thank me for what I was doing and shared their stories about there children.

After an hour or so people began to filter off and I still had another 10km to run into the city. I was amazed to see a few guys wanted to join me for the whole way in - and what was even more amazing was the effort made by the children. At numerous times over the 10km parents drove their children to run with me. They really gave it their all until they just couldn't run any more and had to bail, red faced and sweaty back into their parents' car. There were even people who slowed down, wound the windows down and handed out donations for SickKids.

Thank you to everyone who came, I couldn't of asked for a more perfect day."

https://www.facebook.com/jamiemcdonald.org
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice

We've been keeping up with his facebook and twitter updates since you first posted about him. I think my kids are his biggest fans especially since he adopted the superhero outfit. They can't wait till he gets to BC and invite him to sleep over lol.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he got a 12 month visitor visa or has applied to extend his visit
Perhaps our local Inland Enforcement officers might offer to put him up
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ann m
I'm interested in how his status will progress. I gather he's on a 6 month visa. He's not going to want to detour to a border to renew it! Can he run through a nearby airport do you think? Perhaps Former Lancastrian could run alongside him for ten minutes, ask a few questions and re-stamp his passport!
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I hope he got a 12 month visitor visa or has applied to extend his visit
Perhaps our local Inland Enforcement officers might offer to put him up
I already volunteered your services further upthread.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 3:14 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

We are waiting for him in Van
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did you see me running on the latest video with him, dear lord above, the camera doesn't lie? Its all big boobs and Gloucester accents! Glad to see he's getting the support from the Ex Pats, I knew some people on here would get him and fall in love with his spirit.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mardyarse
Did you see me running on the latest video with him, dear lord above, the camera doesn't lie? Its all big boobs and Gloucester accents! Glad to see he's getting the support from the Ex Pats, I knew some people on here would get him and fall in love with his spirit.
is that you in the purple ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.