Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:22 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Media Slams Canada at the Games

Originally Posted by bsmith
I think Canada could go on to win this. If they can pick up gold in both the log chopping and bear wrestling (Women's), they'll have it in the bag!
Especially if we win the gold in Birling.

I think we have a lock on the Ice weasel grab too.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:26 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Especially if we win the gold in Birling.

Yes, but that's almost a given!

(I had to google that!)
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
As has already been explained the "British way" is to rank golds first then I presume if there is a tie who has the most silver and so on.

As of this moment (10:00 pm Friday) Canada leads the pack with ten gold.

Followed by Germany with nine and the U.S. with eight Norway also has eight but would be fourth due to less silver than the U.S.

Canada's lead in gold medals may not hold until the end but who would have thought they would be leading this late into the games.
We are in 3 gold medal matches yet to come, Men curling, Men long track team pursuit and Men Hockey. We have a gold favorite going in snowboarding and the 4 man bobsleigh is in 2nd with 2 runs to go and a couple other outside shots. We won't make up for "total medals" after under performing during the first 8 days, but we can still win the middle portion of the podium.

I think Canada could go on to win this.
You owe a certain gold medalist who came through when it counted a drink and a cigar.

If they can pick up gold in both the log chopping and bear wrestling (Women's), they'll have it in the bag!
There is no way that the Sasquatch from Russia is losing the gold in bear wrestling, but the Dragon slaying is ours to lose and the Beaver Ball Busting (mens) in even less competitive than the women iced hockey.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:51 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Well...I am just watching an interview with Joannie Rochette on some channel. She is wearing some long leather boots (with jeans so a little strange but would be good for digging for bait) and looking pretty fit. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the games?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:54 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader

You owe a certain gold medalist who came through when it counted a drink and a cigar.
I think we saw quite enough of that sort of thing last night don't you!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:02 am
Banned

I think when all the dust has settled and we look back on these games, if there's one image that will encapsulate all that the Olympic ideal represents it will be this.
Attached Thumbnails British Media Slams Canada at the Games-lg670.jpg  
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:05 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now watching something really strange where guys seem to be cross-country skiiing with guns on their back. Then they stop and shoot things and do more skiiing. Quite odd. Is the shooting part of the event or just something they do for fun or out of necessity?

Oh yes, is Joannie Rochette fit or do I have my beer and sympathy goggles on?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I'm now watching something really strange where guys seem to be cross-country skiiing with guns on their back. Then they stop and shoot things and do more skiiing. Quite odd. Is the shooting part of the event or just something they do for fun or out of necessity?

She is very fit, what an ass. You are still probably drunk though.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Troll

I think when all the dust has settled and we look back on these games, if there's one image that will encapsulate all that the Olympic ideal represents it will be this.
phaken right Smitty!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
She is very fit, what an ass. You are still probably drunk though.

Think I prefer that Tessa Virtue, on balance.

Although top games crumpet has to go to Magdalena Neuner. Just something about a strapping young lass with a rifle.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:40 am

I quite fancied the PEI womens curling team, though only saw them once (as I don't generally watch curling). No idea if any of them are in the Olympics.

They certainly looked like nice young ladies who if they won gold would simply go out to Tim Hortons for a doughnut and coffee. No booze and cigars for those girls!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:34 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I always think that perving at the women makes figure skating tolerable. OH loves it so I end up watching a lot and have to think of something to amuse myself.

Now it may just be my advancing years but I felt slightly unclean after the woman's final. Yu-na and Mao are no more than kids. Fortunately Joannie looks like a grown up woman.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno - it may be my age, but I think Cheryl Bernard is hot!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999

They shoot the fans who piss them off!

They are thinking of arming football players too.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:03 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I dunno - it may be my age, but I think Cheryl Bernard is hot!
For an older lady, she's definitely fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.