Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: British Media Slams Canada at the Games

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Does this also explain the lack of sex?

No hun, its the english apparently who dont have sex, not sure why there are more people there though
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Why wouldn't Canada care what is said about them around the world? they are as proud a nation as any other and want the games to be a success as well as positive promotion in terms of future tourisim and as a place to do business. No one wants their country/people slated.
What a silly thing to say AC.
Not at all. If I was in England and knew how good things were, I wouldn't care about what some uninformed ignorant had to say about my country in his local media. If Canadians are happy with what they have experienced, why should they care if someone in another country doesn't.

It's like Canadians worrying about what Brits think about their chocolate, as it is not to their liking. If it's to the liking of Canadians, who cares what Brits think
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:55 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Does this also explain the lack of sex?
You don't have to be in Scotland to find a leisure centre, plenty south of the border
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Not at all. If I was in England and knew how good things were, I wouldn't care about what some uninformed ignorant had to say about my country in his local media. If Canadians are happy with what they have experienced, why should they care if someone in another country doesn't.

It's like Canadians worrying about what Brits think about their chocolate, as it is not to their liking. If it's to the liking of Canadians, who cares what Brits think

The woman in the Brit Shop told me the reason our chocolate tastes better is cos its set in veg fat whereas here it is set in wax
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:57 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Canadians "worry" about their chocolate? you kill me, what are you on?? I want some........................ (as long as it's not chocolate)
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pammy
I cant comment on the english but us scots had all our sheep burned so no more herding there.....sorry if I have upset any farmers on here....if it makes you feel better we had to have our 6 pet ones done too.
yeh i remember that very well,the smoke and the smell...
not a good memory of dumfriesshire.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jamesmc
yeh i remember that very well,the smoke and the smell...
not a good memory of dumfriesshire.
I know it was horrid wasn't it, it stank for weeks, so sad
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

we were surrounded for weeks by bonfires ...what a waste of animals..
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jamesmc
we were surrounded for weeks by bonfires ...what a waste of animals..
I know, I think it was a load of crap, a govt ploy, I worked for an Agri firm at the time so....oops forgot I am sworn to secrecy
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pammy
....they think the scots still wear kilts and herd sheep and the english drink tea, carry brollies and abstain from sex
You forgot the permanent fog.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You forgot the permanent fog.
OH, of course, thats from all the kettles boiling
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Canadians "worry" about their chocolate? you kill me, what are you on?? I want some........................ (as long as it's not chocolate)

I didn't say they worried about their chocolate, I was attempting to use it as an example as such things appear to be dear to the hearts of posters on here.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:56 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you confusing Brits with Americans? What is this British way? (I understood it was the Americans that used to count each medal awarded to the teams members to ensure that, in their world, they topped the medals table at the Beijing Olympics).
As has already been explained the "British way" is to rank golds first then I presume if there is a tie who has the most silver and so on.

As of this moment (10:00 pm Friday) Canada leads the pack with ten gold.

Followed by Germany with nine and the U.S. with eight Norway also has eight but would be fourth due to less silver than the U.S.

Canada's lead in gold medals may not hold until the end but who would have thought they would be leading this late into the games.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
As has already been explained the "British way" is to rank golds first then I presume if there is a tie who has the most silver and so on.

Followed by Germany with nine and the U.S. with eight Norway also has eight but would be fourth due to less silver than the U.S.

Canada's lead in gold medals may not hold until the end but who would have thought they would be leading this late into the games.
Its the "British way" to the extent that the British media uses the same convention as the media in the rest of the world excluding north america. Either way Canada is finishing strongly which is good.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:19 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

I think Canada could go on to win this. If they can pick up gold in both the log chopping and bear wrestling (Women's), they'll have it in the bag!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.