Reload this Page >

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

British Media Slams Canada at the Games

Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:41 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Media Slams Canada at the Games

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...kumaritashvili
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Media Slams Canada at the Games

This whole thing is really horrible. If I can attach blame, it would be the fact they didn't cancel all the sliding events after the death. Very tacky IMO
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:38 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink
This whole thing is really horrible. If I can attach blame, it would be the fact they didn't cancel all the sliding events after the death. Very tacky IMO
So that all the other lugers who have spent years training hard for this one event don't get a chance to compete?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

On my way home from work there are numerous intersections I have to navigate. Each one has bunches of silk flowers, or teddy bears, or crosses tied to them. Each signifies a death at that intersection. Someone dying on the way to work, to support their family is just as important as the boy from Georgia. They don't seem to shut the roads down either.

I ride a motorbike. I have ridden past an accident scene where they were covering the dead body of a motorcyclist. The police didn't stop me from riding. And I would have been pretty miffed if they had! While feeling sorry for the dead biker, and having had a sphincter tightening moment on seeing the "scene" I carried on with my ride.

IMHO if it wasn't risky most of these guys wouldn't luge, or skeleton or whatever. And, they could all opt not to race, after all he was one of their peers, but none of them will.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:54 am

More british slam media:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7028403.ece

I can't stand the typical londoncentric crap in this one. I remember why I left when I read crap like this. Apparently they think they are going to be able to predict the weather.

Last edited by dboy; Feb 16th 2010 at 3:56 am.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:00 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, apparently its all a "calamity" in Vancouver now!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...-olympics-2010
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:06 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like they got "Oink" writing for them.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Oh, apparently its all a "calamity" in Vancouver now!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...-olympics-2010
\cypress was a mistake, many have said that over the years. At the end of the day, what is one to do with the weather. If it pisses down everyday during 2012, will vanoc be to blame? Not to mention it was 21 in Sochi today.

I was downtown this evening. the energy of the city was amazing, thousands and thousands of smiling faces, people everywhere, enjoying the city. the city has never looked so well, with shows,zip lines, dancing, music and booze where it is supposed to be.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:57 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
On my way home from work there are numerous intersections I have to navigate. Each one has bunches of silk flowers, or teddy bears, or crosses tied to them. Each signifies a death at that intersection. Someone dying on the way to work, to support their family is just as important as the boy from Georgia. They don't seem to shut the roads down either.

I ride a motorbike. I have ridden past an accident scene where they were covering the dead body of a motorcyclist. The police didn't stop me from riding. And I would have been pretty miffed if they had! While feeling sorry for the dead biker, and having had a sphincter tightening moment on seeing the "scene" I carried on with my ride.

IMHO if it wasn't risky most of these guys wouldn't luge, or skeleton or whatever. And, they could all opt not to race, after all he was one of their peers, but none of them will.
That is real life, this is just a sport. People shouldn't die because of a mistake in a game. IMO it’s tacky to have a celebration of fun when someone has lost their life.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:02 am

I thought the article was very good. Vancouver may well get away with mistakes as very few expect much, but London is a major world capital and will have to have higher standards.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

The Grauniad seem to enjoy writing poorly-researched ill-thought out agenda-heavy... oh, wait, nothing new there then. Can't say as I miss it!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

That is real life, this is just a sport. People shouldn't die because of a mistake in a game. IMO it’s tacky to have a celebration of fun when someone has lost their life.

They don't stop major sports events. And if anyone dies in London during warm up (God forbid) they wont stop the 2012 Olympics there either.

They didn't even stop F1 when Ratzenberger died during qualifying in San Marino. The race went ahead as planned and Ayrton Senna died the following day as well. Two fatalities in two days.

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Feb 16th 2010 at 7:03 am.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

That is real life, this is just a sport.

Not to the competitors it isn't, their sports IS their life.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought the article was very good. Vancouver may well get away with mistakes as very few expect much, but London is a major world capital and will have to have higher standards.

I'm sure there will be a full inquest into the death to establish cause, there usually is in something as serious as this. At the moment that article is jumping the gun on an accident and proclaiming itself as the arbiter on who is to blame.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:03 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I'm sure there will be a full inquest into the death to establish cause, there usually is in something as serious as this. At the moment that article is jumping the gun on an accident and proclaiming itself as the arbiter on who is to blame.
A man is dead. Still, his team got a standing ovation at the opening ceremony which more than makes up for it. He should be grateful really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.