Brit Fest in Toronto

Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

alohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brit Fest in Toronto

If anyone in the Toronto area is looking for a taste of home next month, I just saw this on Facebook

Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Fest in Toronto

Oh goody a load of potential Brits in Pickering attending a festival what could possibly go wrong Lets see if they could outdo their behaviour in places like Shagaluf or Ibiza etc etc etc.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Oh goody a load of potential Brits in Pickering attending a festival what could possibly go wrong Lets see if they could outdo their behaviour in places like Shagaluf or Ibiza etc etc etc.
It looks a bit twee if I'm being honest. However, to be a true festival like this don't they need an ex-Corrie actor, a store selling UK recipe Maltesers and some random morris dancers and pearly kings/queens and copious quantities of euro lager.

Doesn't Magnumpi live in County Durham?
Old Jun 14th 2018, 3:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
It looks a bit twee if I'm being honest. However, to be a true festival like this don't they need an ex-Corrie actor, a store selling UK recipe Maltesers and some random morris dancers and pearly kings/queens and copious quantities of euro lager.

Doesn't Magnumpi live in County Durham?
And they don't actually state on their 'website' what you are getting for your entrance fee of $10 for 5 hours (that's the early bird advance ticket price - more to pay on the day I suspect! https://britfestcanada.com/event-info/

You can watch the bands performing for free elsewhere - and listen to the radio free. You can play football anywhere, free - oh but they have a coach who once was loaned temporarily to Leeds to watch you. You can go to the Brit store, the hairdresser, the 2nd hand furniture store, for free. Oh and there's an immigration consultant who will give you a free 5 minute spiel, so he can hook you in for a paid consultation. .. and Nando's will give a free taster to the first few people.

Woop de doo.

Personally, I just wouldn't bother, it's a money spinner.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 14th 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
And they don't actually state on their 'website' what you are getting for your entrance fee of $10 for 5 hours (that's the early bird advance ticket price - more to pay on the day I suspect! https://britfestcanada.com/event-info/

You can watch the bands performing for free elsewhere - and listen to the radio free. You can play football anywhere, free - oh but they have a coach who once was loaned temporarily to Leeds to watch you. You can go to the Brit store, the hairdresser, the 2nd hand furniture store, for free. Oh and there's an immigration consultant who will give you a free 5 minute spiel, so he can hook you in for a paid consultation. .. and Nando's will give a free taster to the first few people.

Woop de doo.

Personally, I just wouldn't bother, it's a money spinner.
Good point(s). Many of these shows are just a bunch of stores/businesses in one place and there is little of value that you get for your admission price. I find it similar to having to pay a cover charge to get into a bar that doesn't have a band and is just a bar. Seems like a waste of my money.

Nando's is really an attraction for recent ex-pats and wouldn't really appeal to the more senior expats. For some reason, my 17 year old son who has only been to the UK 5 times loves the place as do his mates here in Ottawa. I think he has watched the Inbetweeners too much
Old Jun 14th 2018, 8:11 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I cannot think of anything worse. It will be like the British version of Canada day.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 8:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
OMG I cannot think of anything worse. It will be like the British version of Canada day.
Just as a Canada Day in Stokton-on-T.ees would be, this will be a non-event ignored by the whole world.-

Pathetic,

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 14th 2018 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 10:00 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I bet it'll be nice. There'll be dancing and they might have pork pies.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

These things are rubbish. Put together by a bunch of merchants anxious to part naive Brits from their 4% vacation pay.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 8:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You make me
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 5:57 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wish you hadn't mentioned pork pies...I could really eat a pork pie right now! There might be Cornish Pasties! Even Faggots! Or Marks and Sparks mini scotch egg things! Or a Saveloy! Yum...but probably not at a Brit Fest - very doubtful. I don't miss Britain at all...but oh... sometimes my tastebuds would just like a little trip down memory lane