Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bratz dolls. Hookers or harmless?

Bratz dolls. Hookers or harmless?

Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:22 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bratz dolls. Hookers or harmless?

Hooker in a box or just harmless dolls for little girls?

http://www.thetoyreview.com/wiki/Bratz_Dolls

Any views on these ?

Mrs M x
Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:27 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bratz dolls. Hookers or harmless?

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Hooker in a box or just harmless dolls for little girls?

http://www.thetoyreview.com/wiki/Bratz_Dolls

Any views on these ?

Mrs M x
Hookers follow an age old profession
these dolls and purely hos
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:21 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are freakishly revolting and my two daughters will not be playing with them.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:28 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember there used to be a Trailer Trash Barbie. Can't find it online now so probably a collectors edition by now $$$$$$

However, I did come across this website during my search. For all you rednecks out there (for big kids only).......................... http://www.redneckwarehouse.com/
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:57 pm
Julie

HopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the rough

Um, dare I admit that my daughter had a Bratz doll for her 4th birthday.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I think they are freakishly revolting and my two daughters will not be playing with them.
Same here. Brazt are definitely hookers and sleazy, ugly hookers at that. They seem to be designed to normalise young girls wearing mini skirts, midi-tops and make-up.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:17 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinope
Same here. Brazt are definitely hookers and sleazy, ugly hookers at that. They seem to be designed to normalise young girls wearing mini skirts, midi-tops and make-up.
Is it any coincidence that the google ad at the side of that link is

Gorgeous Ukrainian Girls
12,000+ Ukrainian Girls Pictures 800+ Videos. Must See!
[website link removed]

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:05 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Hookers for sure. I refused to buy these for my eldest daughters several years ago and the youngest will be no different. Cheap and tacky.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:34 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

My daughter has them and she is no hooker :curse:

Hers are very tastful, has a car, horse, even a very large wood dolls house that may i say i bought from canada some years ago.

I was do i, dont i some years back, but she loves them, probably like we loved barbie at that age, plus if you buy the man the boys can play as well.

Michelle my kids are from 10 down to 3 and they are all good kids.

Barbie was classed as tarty when i was growing up
now the bratz are getting the press
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:19 pm

I haven't placed my view, I was just asking the question moon devil!

But you appear in the minority on this so far, it's interesting though isn't it, that throughout generations there have been toys made for little girls that some people really dislike due to their connotations of being sexual etc. I was just wondering........

Mrs M x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:38 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
I haven't placed my view, I was just asking the question moon devil!

But you appear in the minority on this so far, it's interesting though isn't it, that throughout generations there have been toys made for little girls that some people really dislike due to their connotations of being sexual etc. I was just wondering........

Mrs M x
no probs, as long as you over see which ones she buys i can't see a problem with girls having them
At least now they have a nose, when they first come out they didn't
Harmless fun for the girls, like the barbie but better.
Bring the kids to mine when we move over and you will see, i love the doll's and my 10yr old still plays with them, although when they are school my little one can be found doing there hair and undressing them

i love being the minority
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:45 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to agree Mrs Miggins, they are very strange looking things. Not as nice as Barbie, but they are by the same company arn't they?
Attached Thumbnails Bratz dolls.  Hookers or harmless?-barbie%5B1%5D.jpg   Bratz dolls.  Hookers or harmless?-bratz.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:58 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Its a toy aint it?

I remember playing "war" as a kid, but Ive mostly avoided becoming a psycho as an adult.

Kids play what and how they want to play, regardless of the toy itself. Frankly I'm surprised kids want anything that ugly, but the other influences around them will make far more difference in the long run.

I seem to have resisted the dodgy crew cut and stubbly beard "action man" look, (not to mention the chiseled abs and pecs) so perhaps the effect of toys on kids is overstated?

We worried about the effect of "stick thin impossible figure barbie" on our daughters perception of what women should look like, but its ultimately pointless to resist, and thankfully they seem to have enough sense to be able to make a distinction between a toy and the real world, unlike some of the people here it seems.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 14th 2008 at 5:01 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:03 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember years ago a friend's son running around playing cops and robbers with a gun fashioned out of 2 crusts of toast.

I wonder if he became a baddie or a chef
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:47 pm

Well what message do the cabbage patch kids send our youngsters?

I don't know, it's hard to know where it all stops and starts. A friend of mine is Jehovah Witness. She never allowed her kids to have guns. So instead the boys made guns out of their fingers and still shot each other.

Mrs M x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.