The Box.bz

Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:08 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Default The Box.bz

I know there's other threads about thebox.bz for downloading UK tv shows, so here's my problem.....
Signed up last night, found what i wanted and download them via bittorrent.....but they aint downloading, which i think is due to my ratio being zero
How do i get my ratio up???????

Any ideas anyone
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Box.bz

Upload something?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

I joined the box but within a week or so, they stopped me from downloading stuff due to my ratio. I tried to seed everything I downloaded, but obviously, it wasnt enough.
Now, I dont know how to get my ratio back up because they wont let me download anything else.
Any ideas?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
I joined the box but within a week or so, they stopped me from downloading stuff due to my ratio. I tried to seed everything I downloaded, but obviously, it wasnt enough.
Now, I dont know how to get my ratio back up because they wont let me download anything else.
Any ideas?
Use another bit torrent site.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:37 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Get a good book.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

The box has some pretty strict rules - people need to download in moderation and jump on some free leaches to get a bit of ratio up - A lot of private torrent sites have the same rules basically to stop 1 way leaching
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:48 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budcolin
I know there's other threads about thebox.bz for downloading UK tv shows, so here's my problem.....
Signed up last night, found what i wanted and download them via bittorrent.....but they aint downloading, which i think is due to my ratio being zero

Any ideas anyone
I am confused!
what did you do?
You say you downloaded them (how many shows/gigathingies?)
then you say they are not downloading, did you get them or not? do you mean no one is getting them from you? are they old shows, unpopular shows? if no one wants them, no one will get them from you.

Get free torrents. Its free beer ratio wise.
Set up rss, and get the shows as soon as they are upped.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure there were seeders on the torrents you were trying to download ?? If there were only a couple you may be trying to seed from people who only switch in their computers at work or at home etc
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas anyone
I'm in exactly the same boat as you....I normally use UK nova (and have a score of 94) but can't get some episodes of a show and I just signed up for the box.bz (for once they had invites available) and I got an account and started loading the 1st episode I want and it seems to be just hanging there and not downloading. I'm on BitTorrent 7.2. I get a red arrow in BitTorrent indicating that the box.bz file I tried to download isn't going anywhere. I don't have anything to upload but am willing to seed the stuff I download...thats how I got a score of 94 on uknova.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:05 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I am confused!
what did you do?
You say you downloaded them (how many shows/gigathingies?)
then you say they are not downloading, did you get them or not? do you mean no one is getting them from you? are they old shows, unpopular shows? if no one wants them, no one will get them from you.

Get free torrents. Its free beer ratio wise.
Set up rss, and get the shows as soon as they are upped.
No they're not downloading at all....0% Under the FAQ, it says your ratio should be 1% or over in order to download.....mine's at 0% bearing in mind i've broken no rules as i only signed up last night
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:06 pm
Wellington NS

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Get a good book.
Cant find a good book about downloading anywhere
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:21 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

No they're not downloading at all....0% Under the FAQ, it says your ratio should be 1% or over in order to download.....mine's at 0% bearing in mind i've broken no rules as i only signed up last night
Which question in the FAQ?
Again I suggest you download a free torrent. Freeleech of the week is Palin Around the World in 80 days this week, but, there will be a new one tomorrow.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I 'donate' to them...the 25GB option. Keeps my ratio up, and costs me about €20 a year, worth it for me I don't download a lot though so it could be more expensive if you do. (I only have limited uploads, so this works out cheaper than seeding for me!)
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

did you check how many seeders there was colin ?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:36 pm
Wellington NS

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I'm in exactly the same boat as you....I normally use UK nova (and have a score of 94) but can't get some episodes of a show and I just signed up for the box.bz (for once they had invites available) and I got an account and started loading the 1st episode I want and it seems to be just hanging there and not downloading. I'm on BitTorrent 7.2. I get a red arrow in BitTorrent indicating that the box.bz file I tried to download isn't going anywhere. I don't have anything to upload but am willing to seed the stuff I download...thats how I got a score of 94 on uknova.
Exactly the same as me. I think it's BitTorrent that's the problem.
I just downloaded BitTornado (recommended on thebox) and it's working now.
It looks a bit naff and un user friendly compared to bittorrent, but it works.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.